Author Topic: Armageddon On The Way?  (Read 1784 times)

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
Armageddon On The Way?
« on: April 02, 2010, 11:25:47 PM »
I note with interest and a certain amount of alarm that The God Channel has stopped broadcasting.

Is the beast slouching towards apocalypse or is it a funding issue?

Funny old world innit?

Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
Re: Armageddon On The Way?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 12:23:43 AM »
I note with interest and a certain amount of alarm that The God Channel has stopped broadcasting.

Is the beast slouching towards apocalypse or is it a funding issue?

Funny old world innit?

Good Lord !
I will have to look into this - I used to like the God channel  :-\
Girlie night in - God Channel and some good old philosophical debating going on !
you know the ontological, cosmological and teleological type  :-\  :o  :tickedoff:

Is there a God we would start with, then how do you know we would carry on with, and if there is a God is God a he or a she ................then if there is a God is God an infinite being or a finite being ?

Mart my girlie nights in will never be the same without the God channel - no more theologically based philosophical debates  :'(

Looks like we will have to watch Star Trek now and have debates on what's beyond the Universe ........
Stephen Hawkin where are you ...... my hero that man  ;)
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 09:06:56 AM »
I've always given God as much attention as he has given me.

He has been a bit slack on the smiting front of late, when he catches up with me again he is going to have quite a backlog to deal with.

I take a relaxed view to God and his various brands, but find it indicative of something or other that God has no channels where the legend Tommy Walsh has many.

My name is Tommy for I am many, I dunno?
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Piston Broke

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 10:16:56 AM »
Armageddon I recall I met a bloke famous he was at the time and real eccentric end of the world is nigh type (always in and out of court) sadly he got run over by a bus.  He had been involved in an Armageddon type battle, but survived unlike some a few days before.

Mart if you had met him before his demise then I am sure you would have had some interesting conversations, oh and by the way he fired a bigger guns than you or I could have ever dreamed of and when he did they were all on target; when it really mattered unfortunately taking a lot of men to their Armageddon!

I am sure God was busy that day looking after thousands of men.

Ps I hear if chav gets pissed and starts on ya then it can be the end of the world is the only place you can seek refuge  ;D

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 04:55:40 PM »

Ps I hear if chav gets pissed and starts on ya then it can be the end of the world is the only place you can seek refuge  ;D

Piston Broke ... :censored:   :knuppel2:   :tickedoff:   :censored:   :knuppel2:   :bottom:   :knuppel2:   :censored:   :tickedoff:  I really am not that bad you know  ;)

Although those who know me, know I am not easily fobbed off and I am certainly nobody's fool !
I don't beat around the bush, you know when I speak I say it as it is  ;D (you should be a passenger when I'm driving, I have very expressive body language and vocalisation to match ! .....or so I'm told  ;) apparently its even worse for the listener when I am on my hands free !)

I don't hold grudges either and I don't need to be pissed to say anything ! or sing for that matter lol

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 06:42:37 PM »
he fired a bigger guns than you or I could have ever dreamed of and when he did they were all on target;

Not American then.

I like assertive women, I know cos my wife told me I do.

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 11:58:18 PM »
he fired a bigger guns than you or I could have ever dreamed of and when he did they were all on target;

Not American then.

I like assertive women, I know cos my wife told me I do.

And what a fine woman she is too !
She can join my gang - the AWAYID   - Assertive Woman's Association Yo Innit Dude !
Muggins, Liz,and Lily are already members  ;)
We have room for more - Up the revolution  ;)

:angel:

Offline Trevor

• Hello !
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 12:22:51 AM »
Can I nominate Mrs Trevor? She only let's me on TS at the weekend.

Offline daproofreader

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 09:13:16 AM »
                                                                            Danger Signs

Words NOT to be ignored when spoken by an uber assertive female !

" Yes...of course dear !"    ( fuse lit...time for a sharp exit !!!)

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 10:58:05 AM »
Is everything ok love?

Yes.

Scary, cue exit to any available outbuilding.

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 11:53:05 AM »
The exit cue, is when us females says the words 'yes fine' or 'yes its fine', as it /whatever it is clearly not fine, and in fact the word 'fine' is the calm before the storm !
Mark my words ! I KNOW  :2funny:

I have been fine /things have been fine for me on many occasion  :knuppel2:

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 11:57:55 AM »
Can I nominate Mrs Trevor? She only let's me on TS at the weekend.

Mrs Trevor is more than welcome to join us  ;)

Offline daproofreader

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 12:01:52 PM »
                                      And of course  the real starfish crimper is that immortal phrase...

" You know what love ?....."I've been thinking"

save a place in the bunker for me Geoff!

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 07:57:35 PM »
Need to practice 'Mmmmmm'.

You can do a non committal, my favourite, a slightly negative or a vaguely positive. The important thing is that it is never too emphatic.

I use them to try and catch up with the conversation I have apparently been having. Hopefully before it reaches a conclusion where I am required to offer a yes, or no.

Incorrect selection could mean another trip to the outbuildings.