Author Topic: Reminders  (Read 1588 times)

Offline komadori

• komadori's green corner
Reminders
« on: March 26, 2010, 08:04:18 PM »
Having posted in a Penhill thread about my dislike of politicians gurning beside rubbish or graffiti when they've done little about it, I thought I'd post this photo from the Adver in September 2008. If it reappears in this year's election leaflets, we'll know they haven't been back to clean rubbish since then.
:)

[oversized attachment >100k deleted by admin]

If something's worth doing it's worth doing in green. komadori's green c

Offline Muggins

Re: Reminders
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 08:30:44 AM »
 :clap:   Or got anyone else to do it.

Your truly, holder of a Queen Mothers Birthday Award from the Tidy Britain Group for environmental improvements - for Services to Community Litter Picks  (retired).

I think this gives me a right to comment!
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 11:27:32 AM »
Give them all the O.B.E.
Other Buggers Efforts.
Bobby

Piston Broke

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 12:32:03 PM »
Good Photo I like the dog it adds something to it,  and I think that the leaflets going out in central have been different from the photo posted  from what I have seen so far.

Offline Karsten

• Politics is Bollock'tics
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 07:36:46 PM »
This sort of political spin is part of the reason I am standing as a protest Vote.

I have been picking up rubbish in my street and part of Dean/Birch st for over 10 yrs..
I do it as an example to others, especially kids including my daughter.

Its funny how politicians always come out and publicly do charitable/social events..just before an election.

I pick up litter as litter breeds litter.. likewise Graffiti.. the faster you remove it the longer it stays away..
(unless the bins are emptied).

I have had a few letters from Neighbours thanking me for doing what I do, but the best thing is seeing the some of the local kids pick up rubbish and take Ice cream wrappers home.

Our local environment is mostly whatt we make of it our selves.

Karsten

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 08:52:22 AM »
Vote Dog!

I'd prefer chimp, but Dog! will do.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.