Author Topic: If...  (Read 1560 times)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
If...
« on: March 26, 2010, 02:21:49 AM »

If Councillor Rod Bluh is half the council leader he says he is...

If he is even half as popular with the public as he claims...

If the business community stand four-square behind him...

If the Liberal Democrats silence on the WiFi deal is quiet approval of it...

If he is as willing to judged on his decisions as he says he is...

If the Conservative really support him...

Then why doean't Rod Bluh stand as the Conservative candidate in the ward he lives in, Eastcott ?

I'd like to see Rod prove the town is as behind him as solidly as he claims, but I don't think he has the bottle.

He'll gamble tax payers money but when it comes to elections I think he has Italian legs.

AndyH

Re: If...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 04:47:33 AM »
So don’t you stand against him in Dorcan then Geoff?

You’d become TS’s very own Martin Bell

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 07:54:57 AM »

This thread is about Rod Bluh standing in the ward he lives in.

Why change the subject?

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 09:11:42 AM »
 :angel:
If.... Rod decided to stand in the ward he lives in I think he would give the LibDems in Eastcott a really good run for their money and yes the Tory election phalanx would wheel in behind him. As the Tories will win Oldtown the resources would just roll down the hill and work Eastcott systematically. Also the Tories would fire up an In Touch Blog yes I think it would be no great difficulty for Rod/Tories to win it. Plus I believe it will help Robert Buckland with switching LibDem to Tory votes, votes he he desperately needs to win Swindon South.

Their are a lot of smallbusiness/commercial interests in Eastcott, plus Rod's Attendance at Council is very good you know the more I think about it the more it looks like a Trump Card Move who tipped you off? ;)
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline DaveWood

• Swindon Liberal Democrats
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 10:20:37 AM »
If.... Rod decided to stand in the ward he lives in I think he would give the LibDems in Eastcott a really good run for their money and yes the Tory election phalanx would wheel in behind him. As the Tories will win Oldtown the resources would just roll down the hill and work Eastcott systematically. Also the Tories would fire up an In Touch Blog yes I think it would be no great difficulty for Rod/Tories to win it. Plus I believe it will help Robert Buckland with switching LibDem to Tory votes, votes he he desperately needs to win Swindon South.

Their are a lot of smallbusiness/commercial interests in Eastcott, plus Rod's Attendance at Council is very good you know the more I think about it the more it looks like a Trump Card Move who tipped you off? ;)

50p says the Tories drop to third place in Eastcott on May 6th ;-)

AndyH

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 10:43:50 AM »

Steve whatever you’re on, half the dose  :2funny:

You really are starting to sound like you yearn to return to your Tory mates… or is it just election withdrawal symptoms  :D

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 06:47:08 PM »
AndyH I always enjoy the banter  that is why I scribe...... No not missing elections or anything like that I am just commenting. Halfing the dose why would I do that? I would have to double it again to ever even consider voting LibDem :D The suggestion by Geoff that Rod could win Eastcott is not as delusional as it may appear. It's a bit like when you look in the mirrors in your lorry you check them at least every 10 seconds and objects may appear closer than "they" are, unless "they" are too close to you and then you cannot see them.  :banana:

PS I like Bananas does anyone else?  I  ask as I don't have an election to fight  :( In the Meantime does anyone know how to propagate a Banana plant I might as well get on with that?
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 07:49:02 PM »

50p says the Tories drop to third place in Eastcott on May 6th ;-)

£1:00 plus a bottle of WKD Blue  says they will be in 2nd place   ;)
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline DaveWood

• Swindon Liberal Democrats
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 08:58:04 PM »
The suggestion by Geoff that Rod could win Eastcott is not as delusional as it may appear. It's a bit like when you look in the mirrors in your lorry you check them at least every 10 seconds and objects may appear closer than "they" are, unless "they" are too close to you and then you cannot see them.  :banana:

'I wish' is the appropriate response to this, I think.  Tories rallying around Rod at the present time might be a slightly modest affair.

Although in any case I have my doubts the Tories will do a Jemima on Rod.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 09:06:43 PM »
Torys: I think Bluh is using the political equivalent of a nailgun to ensure every tory councillor of any importance has their feet nailed to the floor of the bridge. Now they will row like madmen to keep the good ship Bluh afloat until May.

However, even olympic rowers get tired eventually and they're not rowing over pork pies with sharp crusts.

Although I think Bluh standing in Eastcott would be interesting, and he doesn't really fit the electoral demographic in Dorcan, I don't think he has the confidence, or support, to stand there.