Author Topic: 2010 Penhill Lib Dem Election Leaflet  (Read 11108 times)

Offline Muggins

Re: 2010 Penhill Lib Dem Election Leaflet
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2010, 12:19:06 PM »
UKIP - One sided A5 B&W

Andy it may be as you say but I have seen the Tory leaflet and it is beautifully presented, full of photographs, some dating back to God knows when, tellin g everysilly b*gg*r that is gulible enough to believe it about what a marvelous job they have done.
I would much prefer an A5 one sided B&W with some HONEST facts than a leaflet full of lies and promises that will not be kept.
I have every single leaflet that has dropped through my door since 2002 and what a load
of lies and broken promises they contain. Unfortunately as I am just a simple citizen of the borough, and am not fortunate enough to live in Penhill I have no way of holding these lying shits to task.

You can do that without leaflets - ever heard of the jungle telegraph? Chinese whispers? Go where people are- lunch clubs, bus stops, post office, local pub -chat to people, no need to be 'political' because that usually put's them off, just drop into conversation what we've lost, what's not been done, don't call them liars, just say 'of course we were pomised' .....  If you tell two they'll tell two each etc and in no time at all the jobs done.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Jarvis

« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2010, 12:33:36 PM »

Why is AndyH showing as a guest?

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2010, 08:15:16 PM »

Simples - coz he is no longer a member !
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline Trevor

• Hello !
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2010, 08:36:49 PM »

That's up for debate :)

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2010, 08:50:28 PM »

That's up for debate :)

Hello Trevor

Welcome to TS  ;)
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline Trevor

• Hello !
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2010, 08:58:35 PM »
Sorry for that. It was lined up and I could not resist.  :emb:

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2010, 10:21:17 PM »
Damn prickly these Lib Dems ain't they?

I take the mick out of anyone me, it's not all about you, I'm resigned to the fact the natural order will not be disturbed, so I take the mick, It's my way of venting. If I hit a nerve now and again, well I call that a bonus! It's how I keep score cos I am petty and small minded. Each and every day I seek to make my mind smaller and smaller. (I could be taking the mick there)

Where I do not find offence, I seek it out. Where I still do not find it, I make it up. When I still really can't find it, I seek out a politician, cos they've probably taken it. (I just made that up, good innit?)

My comments were vis a vis political leaflets in general, if you take it to refer to yours then either adjust the content to reflect facts and measurable achievements instead of Miss World standard aspirational drivel, or print it on softer paper that it may meet with my approval. I abhor the posturing, posing and general game upping when a vote is in the offing, I want me representatives full on all year round, year after year. I know it's difficult if not impossible to achieve and I expect too much, but the contrast between business as usual and electioneering is too stark. It's like Royalty is visiting, everything starts smelling of emulsion.

I'm taking the mick again by the way. Or am I? Tricky to tell with a mind this small.

Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.