Author Topic: 2010 Penhill Lib Dem Election Leaflet  (Read 11298 times)

AndyH

Re: 2010 Penhill Lib Dem Election Leaflet
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2010, 09:49:04 PM »
Once every other month, so that's 5 or 6 outside of the election period.
As a green your reply on this surprised me. (not having a dig) Although I agree with Dave that 6 between election periods should be possible in Penhill, I don’t necessarily agree in putting a leaflet out for the sake of it when the news/views are not necessarily urgent and could be included in a later, if larger, edition. For more urgent matters I do prefer targeted flyers, usually small run black and white A5, which are specific about an issue relevant to a particular area.
This is, of course, where you have an advantage and can more than make up for sparse leafletting. Oh that I was represented by councillors that actually lived in Central ward.
The answer to that is in your own hands… A FW or FF the choice is yours.

AndyH

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2010, 09:50:27 PM »
My question for you Andy  will you do the same by taking a seat from a former Labour cllr who became an Independent for the LibDems? I have been told by some that you will walk it so as I said to Dave good luck. Michael D will be watching ;)

Dave Glaholm has already declared he is not standing (although he could still change his mind) so it won’t be the case of actually taking the seat off of anyone.
Of course Labour DO consider this to be a safe Labour seat and held a women’s only selection (from a very limited list of 3 women where Mrs Baker had little if any competition) on that basis.
I do hope people don’t think I’ll walk it, that’s where many seats have been lost due to voters wrongly believing they don’t need to go out and vote for you to win.
I’m not complacent and never will be. The only walking I’ll be doing is on the streets (where I and the team have been today and will be again tomorrow) leafleting and talking to residents.

AndyH

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2010, 09:52:24 PM »
Still think the original £5 bet i safe, as i don't believe a certain PR agency Tomlinson inc can stop themselves claiming credit for any advantageous thing thats happen in the past 4 years. however i 'm sure you are more then capable of the odd smile and its £5 to charity! go on sneak a photo, it won't take 5 mins, or 10 using photoshop!

Respect to you Andy, i voted for you when i lived on Penhill, partly because you were labour and then, after, because much like David you got off your A*** and stood up for Penhill and its people. Always a big vote winner that.

The days of labour dominaton could well be at an end.

Teaboy, thanks for the compliment, in the second respect I have not changed and just to show I do smile at the appropriate moment….(so that’s another £5 for SPLASH then)

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2010, 09:57:38 PM »
Once every other month, so that's 5 or 6 outside of the election period.
As a green your reply on this surprised me. (not having a dig) Although I agree with Dave that 6 between election periods should be possible in Penhill, I don’t necessarily agree in putting a leaflet out for the sake of it when the news/views are not necessarily urgent and could be included in a later, if larger, edition. For more urgent matters I do prefer targeted flyers, usually small run black and white A5, which are specific about an issue relevant to a particular area.
This is, of course, where you have an advantage and can more than make up for sparse leafletting. Oh that I was represented by councillors that actually lived in Central ward.
The answer to that is in your own hands… A FW or FF the choice is yours.

Andy what does FW and FF mean ?
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline komadori

• komadori's green corner
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2010, 10:01:20 PM »
As a green your reply on this surprised me.

Er? As I say elsewhere
Quote from: Me!
In case it's not apparent by 'green' I mean green in colour, not in political outlook.

The answer to that is in your own hands…

Alas no, not just my hands; also the hands of several hundred other residents of the ward.

A FW or FF the choice is yours.

Meaning?
If something's worth doing it's worth doing in green. komadori's green c

AndyH

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2010, 10:41:21 PM »
Er? As I say elsewhere
Quote from: Me!
In case it's not apparent by 'green' I mean green in colour, not in political outlook.

Apologies, I hadn’t seen that post.

Alas no, not just my hands; also the hands of several hundred other residents of the ward.

A FW or FF the choice is yours.

Meaning?

Meaning FIGHT for what you believe in, don’t just write about it.

That’s what I’m doing. I believe Penhill Ward is getting a raw deal so I’m fighting to change that, whatever way I can.

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2010, 11:18:58 PM »
I like to fight the fight too !

Be a voice to be heard !
....... I think I am heard coz when I am on the phone - I know people have to hold the phone
away from their ears , well so I have been told !

Seriously though - I am a people person and i like to help out where I can  :)
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline komadori

• komadori's green corner
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2010, 09:25:20 AM »
Meaning FIGHT for what you believe in, don’t just write about it.

That’s what I’m doing. I believe Penhill Ward is getting a raw deal so I’m fighting to change that, whatever way I can.
To throw a few metaphors around, the pen is mightier than the sword, and horses for courses. I'm better at writing than other forms of campaigning, so that's what I do.

And even if you don't hear me, it doesn't mean I'm not being heard….
If something's worth doing it's worth doing in green. komadori's green c

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2010, 09:35:19 AM »
I like to fight the fight too !

Be a voice to be heard !
....... I think I am heard coz when I am on the phone - I know people have to hold the phone
away from their ears , well so I have been told !

Seriously though - I am a people person and i like to help out where I can  :)

:agreed: Who says you need a phone?  Just put your head out of the window and shout, you will still be heard loud and clear :2funny: Seriously I know you are a people person and hear that you are a fighter, in fact a bit Gladiatorial when needs be :)
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

AndyH

« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2010, 01:26:22 PM »
Labour are at last starting to put stuff through doors in Penhill Ward. As predicted it’s a last minute frenzy with a bundle of literature
A Victor A4 Glossy’s,
A B2 North Swindon Rose,
Another A4 glossy from the Swindon Labour party
And surprise surprise the A4 black & white, with a bit of red, Penhill Matters that’s dated Autumn 2009, (obviously couldn’t be bothered to put it all out last year) claiming "Laura Baker Fights for better Transport for Academy" (I nearly pee'd myself laughing) and falsely claiming that Tory cuts will threaten Penhill’s Sure Start Centre (Yep they’ll do and say anything to frighten people into voting labour)

It was quite reassuring as we put out our latest FOCUS to have residents giving us the Labour leaflet bundle, they clearly were not impressed with this last minute leaflet flood.

Offline Ringer

« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2010, 01:44:51 PM »
As guessing stick said do not be cynical too often it loses its edge. :popcorn:
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Muggins

« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2010, 04:59:39 PM »
Andy, but the Tory's have said they will cut Surestart Centres or at least reduce their brief.

UKIP leaflet received today  - not read it, can't tell you what size it is. 

Came just a little before the Penhill News, much more interesting.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

AndyH

« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2010, 08:02:41 PM »
UKIP - One sided A5 B&W

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2010, 08:17:18 PM »
Oh bollocks.

I've been doing this weighing up me voting options thing all wrong.

There was me thinking I would look for a party that told the EU to 'Feck off, we only joined for the cheap cheese', or one that said 'The Welfare state is magnificent and noble thing, bit it ain't supposed to be a way of life' or one that said 'The death penalty is a barbaric and bestial thing, but if you lot want it, I'll get in some rope and timber' or one that said 'Mr Pub Landlord, if it  makes fiscal sense to allow your customers to commit suicide by inhaling the fumes of tobacco based products, the go ahead and allow them in to your hostelry' or one that said 'that budget sounded good, but it is a sack of shite, it will cost you. I apologise for pretending otherwise'.

All along I was failing to measure them by the most important measure.

The unsuitability of their leaflets to be used for the purpose for which they are, ironically, crying out to be used for.

Tory one neccesitated a plunger and my bum still hurts.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2010, 08:49:17 PM »
UKIP - One sided A5 B&W

Andy it may be as you say but I have seen the Tory leaflet and it is beautifully presented, full of photographs, some dating back to God knows when, tellin g everysilly b*gg*r that is gulible enough to believe it about what a marvelous job they have done.
I would much prefer an A5 one sided B&W with some HONEST facts than a leaflet full of lies and promises that will not be kept.
I have every single leaflet that has dropped through my door since 2002 and what a load
of lies and broken promises they contain. Unfortunately as I am just a simple citizen of the borough, and am not fortunate enough to live in Penhill I have no way of holding these lying shits to task.
Bobby

Offline Ringer

« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2010, 08:57:36 PM »
UKIP - One sided A5 B&W

Andy it may be as you say but I have seen the Tory leaflet and it is beautifully presented, full of photographs, some dating back to God knows when, tellin g everysilly b*gg*r that is gulible enough to believe it about what a marvelous job they have done.
I would much prefer an A5 one sided B&W with some HONEST facts than a leaflet full of lies and promises that will not be kept.
I have every single leaflet that has dropped through my door since 2002 and what a load
of lies and broken promises they contain. Unfortunately as I am just a simple citizen of the borough, and am not fortunate enough to live in Penhill I have no way of holding these lying shits to task.

Bobby be careful you may have to consider those last  five words. It may be that you have to withdraw them or face public pillorying so stop pushing the envelope and learn to moderate yourself. :o
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2010, 09:11:34 PM »
Thank you Ringer for that good advice but I get so wound up when I read some of the rubbish that comes through my door. It is so bad I prefer to read the Pizza and Take away brochures. But once again thanks for the advice but the leaflets are safely filed away. Might I add from all parties.
Bobby

Offline Ringer

« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2010, 09:42:28 PM »
Bobby I am so shocked so I do not know which party it is or when, oh dear sounds like a rerun of the dodo leaflet? Bobby don't take my advice ignore it by all means and be a feisty old rascal. That can tell the difference between chalk and cheese without having to taste it.  :2funny:

AndyH

« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2010, 12:08:42 AM »
Bobby/Ringer/Mart

The post was a confirmation reply to Muggings of the one I was given by a resident. They’ve either not leafleted my road or missed me out.

How you manage to infer that the post was in anyway a criticism of the leaflet or contents of is beyond words.

Offline Ringer

« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2010, 08:58:21 AM »
Bobby/Ringer/Mart

The post was a confirmation reply to Muggings of the one I was given by a resident. They?ve either not leafleted my road or missed me out.

How you manage to infer that the post was in anyway a criticism of the leaflet or contents of is beyond words.

Andy

My response was a tongue in cheeck one to Bobby who has kept all the leaflets from all parties filed away since 2002.  I did not mention you or your post or in fact did I quote from your post.

I have read and re-read my post to Bobby. I cannot see in my post where there is the merest suggestion that you implied in any way anything about any leaflet? I would be thankful for your kind efforts to point this out to me as I have obviously missed something.