Author Topic: Who is the Tory candidate for Dorcan?  (Read 3129 times)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Who is the Tory candidate for Dorcan?
« on: March 19, 2010, 02:21:39 AM »

As per title: Who is the 2010 Tory candidate for Dorcan?

Offline Steve Wakefield

Re: Who is the Tory candidate for Dorcan?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 08:10:51 AM »
Have you heard something? Swindonlad will be on here with who the official ones are soon enough. I have heard a little whisper  :-X Have you?  ;) I am sure the  :smiley6600: tree will light up soon enough if the  :-X holds any water. I have also heard :-X about a leadership bid, and I know Bobby B said look West. From what I hear it is from the East again; I am sure the :smiley6600: will be firing up ;) Who ever said politics was for boring people who need to get a life. Its more interesting than a soap!
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline swindonlad

• Vote UK Discussion Forum
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 10:06:27 AM »
Have you heard something? Swindonlad will be on here with who the official ones are soon enough. I have heard a little whisper  :-X Have you?  ;) I am sure the  :smiley6600: tree will light up soon enough if the  :-X holds any water. I have also heard :-X about a leadership bid, and I know Bobby B said look West. From what I hear it is from the East again; I am sure the :smiley6600: will be firing up ;) Who ever said politics was for boring people who need to get a life. Its more interesting than a soap!

I don't know the official candidates until they are released by the council (have not got the dates on me - but think it's around the Easter w/e)

As far as I know it's Rod, if anyone knows any different I would be interested to know

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 10:20:43 AM »
Thanks appreciated.  I tell you something  Swindonlad ;)  If I hear anything you can be sure of one thing I will light up my own  :smiley6600: tree. Swindonlad I am sure that rumour control will be whirring away over the weekend. Now that is unless Derique and his merry band are busy keeping the tories tied down across the town?
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 11:12:48 AM »
Yes Steve, I stand corrected. The leadership challenge will definitely be coming from the East.
Look for the shining star and 3 leading Tories on their camels.
Bobby

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 04:19:59 PM »
I don't know the official candidates until they are released by the council (have not got the dates on me - but think it's around the Easter w/e)

As far as I know it's Rod, if anyone knows any different I would be interested to know

So what you're confirming Swindonlad, is that Rod Bluh's candidature has not been confirmed yet?

Todays Lamplighters bulletin may be able to shed some light on this topic  :)

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 07:52:08 PM »
Jim Davidson?
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline swindonlad

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2010, 06:57:17 AM »

So what you're confirming Swindonlad, is that Rod Bluh's candidature has not been confirmed yet?

Todays Lamplighters bulletin may be able to shed some light on this topic  :)

what i am saying is nominations close on the 8th april & the council have until the following monday to publish them (although it's usually a lot quicker than that)

until they are published & papers confirmed no one is a candidate - there is a case of a party running a london borough (where they have all out elections) & 60 of the 63 nomination papers were rejected due to 2 words being wrong on the forms (the other 3 had decalred UDI & filled in their own forms).  if i remember correctly they went to court to overturn this & spent a lot of money failing to do so

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 07:11:26 AM »
Still dodging the question then.

I think the rumour that Bluh might be facing a selection wossname has just gained  a little extra weight :)

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2010, 07:58:33 AM »
Perhaps SL would be better able to explain a selection wossaname? :2funny: Seriously is there going to be one, a selection wossaname that is? From what I recall there was a strong branch there in Dorcan until the organiser moved to the home counties a few months back.

As  JT said selections do happen John Short was reselected for Highworth recently. In S&NE the sitting cllr Doug was not selected and a new candidate cllr Keith Williams was. ;)

Dorcan looks ripe for a plucking maybe a good three way fight with a dark horse independent in there just to add some interest. :-X

Offline swindonlad

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 09:14:12 AM »

not dodging any question - it's not my place to say who the candidates WILL be - as far as I know it's going to be Rod

suggest you e-mail: contact@swindonconservatives.com

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 03:49:32 PM »
Dorcan looks ripe for a plucking maybe a good three way fight with a dark horse independent in there just to add some interest. :-X

Labours selection of Sarah Bush is significant and I'm sure a selection wossname would be weighing up the considerable support mechanism now in place behind her, and the long list of failures which trails from Rods back pocket like toilet roll following someone recently emerged from a public toilet after pulling their trousers up a little too quickly  :)

not dodging any question - it's not my place to say who the candidates WILL be
suggest you e-mail: contact@swindonconservatives.com

That's never stopped you passing comment on anything or anyone before, as for emailing Swindon Conservatives, what's the point? most of them never answer emails, and from recent experience you can't trust any answer you do get as being from the person you asked a question of.

To put it bluntly Swindon Lad, Bluh's leadership is surrounded by a miasma which smells variously like corrupted democratic processes, rank incompetence, buck-passing, legacy-obsession and blame-laying.

Is it any wonder rumours of his being summonsed to a selection hearing are sloshing backwards and forwards through the Swindon Tories like diarrhoea in a commode pot?

Offline Steve Wakefield

Re: Bluh Versus Bush
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 11:00:11 AM »
Where is Swindonlad when you need him? Quoted this from SA link at bottom of post.

But Coun Bluh said he believed the decision was made on party political grounds and that he was being deliberately targeted.  :o

“Labour has shown no active interest in my ward for several years and for Sarah Bush to be standing, who is Anne Snelgrove’s right hand person, at this election, I believe is no coincidence,” he said.

He added the decision on the wi-fi contract was made in accordance with protocol and there was no breach of process.

He also refuted as “nonsense” the allegation that he was more focused on the town in general than his ward in particular.

Bush said
“The trouble is if your eye is off the ball and you are no longer looking at your own ward, but at the vision in your own head, you lose touch with the local issues. I believe that’s what’s happened.”
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/7990105.Bush_versus_Bluh/

As an Independent my view is that it is a party political election as Justin has targetted Michael Wills seat and Robert is targetting Anne Snelgrove. Both have been selected by the Tory party to fight Labour Candidates. It that not  political?  Or am I missing something here?  :-\

« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 12:31:36 PM by Steve Wakefield »

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 01:33:19 PM »

The petulant and self-important sense of entitlement of the Rodigarchy is without limit.

....Coun Bluh said he believed the decision was made on party political grounds and that he was being deliberately targeted.

It's called Democracy Councillor Bluh.

Quote from: The Rodigarch
“Labour has shown no active interest in my ward for several years"

If the letters to the Pravdatiser are anything to go by, neither has he, so it's about time someone does  :)

Offline Alligator

• Twitter - @Alliflowchart
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 01:34:51 PM »
Quote from: The Adver
But Coun Bluh said he believed the decision was made on party political grounds and that he was being deliberately targeted.

Quote from: Rod Bluh
Labour has shown no active interest in my ward for several years and for Sarah Bush to be standing, who is Anne Snelgrove’s right hand person, at this election, I believe is no coincidence

I think this type of reaction to the news of his Labour opponent speaks volumes about the person. 

It smacks of someone who thinks the election is more about them than democracy as a concept and suggests that what the people of his ward need and want doesn't appear to be on his radar. Not only does the implied 'they're out to get me......I'm a victim' stance reinforce the self obsessed personality trait that he clearly posesses but it suggests he's just a whinger who throws hissy fits at the drop of a hat.  Hardly the trait of someone I'd want representing me!

I think this gives a great insight into explaining his recent reaction to anyone seen as questioning his decisions and process surrounding WIFI.

Sorry Rod, but not everything is about YOU! grow up and fight a campaign on what you have and will deliver for your ward and not on how you can paint yourself as some sort of victim or underdog, the influence and luxury of being leader of the council means that you're anything but a victim or underdog.

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 03:29:35 PM »
Bit like a butcher complaining that it's all about meat.

Campaign on a party ticket, get to be party leader cos the party you belong to has the majority and ensure that the party name gets mentioned every time anything remotely positive happens.

Chuck in the frankly embarrassing, promise heavy and fact averse election campaigns and it hardly surprising that that crazy little thing called politics is applied to every utterance, thought and deed.

Yup, it's all about meat.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.