Poll

Do you support Bob Buckland Sponsoring Rod Bluh for Lordship?

Yes, I am a Tory
1 (4.8%)
No I am a Tory
7 (33.3%)
Yes
1 (4.8%)
No
8 (38.1%)
I do not believe in the Lords
4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: April 28, 2010, 12:58:34 PM

Author Topic: Should Rod Bluh be Lord Bluh as Sponsored by Rob Buckland?  (Read 2152 times)

Offline Trollee

• Hello !
Should Rod Bluh be Lord Bluh as Sponsored by Rob Buckland?
« on: March 09, 2010, 11:58:34 AM »
after reading Bob Bucklands proposal i thought the people of swindon may want to take a vote!!

Guests are allowed to vote, this is just for general interest and has nothing to do with politics   :-X

Offline Provocateur

• Atchya like a ninja cat!
Re: Should Rod Bluh be Lord Bluh as Sponsored by Rob Buckland?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 01:00:07 PM »
Someone's voted YES!!! What a laugh - presuming you're not Rob Buckland (or Rod!), please DO come on and justify that!!!

:2funny:

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 02:09:09 PM »
Bluh to be a" barren?"
Pity his father had not been, we would not have been blessed with him then
Bobby

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 09:02:45 AM »
Did/has the reduction in Cllr Rod Bluh's Majority actually made any difference. His majority looks "considerably smaller than other councillors" to misquote Harry Enfield. Ahhh roll on the Mayor's Civic Dinner I can just hear the conversation between some cllrs  ... and " My majority is considerably bigger than yowers is" what was it Komadori said recently about cllrs majorities something to do with 1 is probably best.
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 10:45:08 AM »
Will Rod be making the usual Leaders speech at the dinner.
I doubt it after Monday 10th.
Oh to be a fly on the wall!
Bobby

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 05:30:07 PM »
You must remember that 'success' to Rod Bluh looks considerably different to him than it does to a normal, rational person.

Example:

1.  Digital City failed all the important performance measures by which it would be granted the remaining £300,000 of the first loan of our money to it by SBC.

2.  Bluh re-wrote the performance measures so that Digital City had in fact passed, and could therefore receive the remainder of the loan.

3. At that point Digital City had 11 paying customers.

4.  Digital City now has the rest of the cash and several weeks later it has only 12 paying customers*

As Cllr Bob Wright said of this, at the last cabinet meeting I attended:

Quote from: Bob Wright
"If this is success I dread to think what failure looks like"

'Superb Success' for the Rodigarch is anything, anything at all that keeps him in the big chair pulling strings and drawing his allowance.

*I estimate that even if all 600'ish free-users of the scheme suddenly, all at once subscribed to a paying option, Digital City is still paying back it's loan to SBC from money it has already borrowed from SBC to the tune of about £15,000 each and every month. 

I don't intend to publish the rumours which are already circulating about the monthly amount of money also being taken from the loan money to pay the Digital City CEO's salary.  We must treat those as hearsay until Francoise DeLamp tells us she has something concrete in her shapely hand.

Offline Chris Watts

• Hello !
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 06:37:58 PM »
Silly question, if Bluh became a Lord would he continue on the council?

My vote on this depends on the answer... :)
Small Print: Member of the Labour Party. GMB Accompanying Rep. IT consultant on sabatical.  Postings may contain political bias. If you have an adverse reaction please desist from reading. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.