Author Topic: Rod Bluh for the Lords By Bob Buckland  (Read 8753 times)

Offline Trollee

• Hello !
Re: Rod Bluh for the Lords By Bob Buckland
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2010, 10:48:33 AM »
Yes, maybe, but if you give it to him, you'd have to give it to David  ::)

which david are comparing with Mike Bawden muggins.........

Offline Trollee

• Hello !
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2010, 10:51:54 AM »

From Robert Bucklands blog

.......... I would like to thank the Conservative administration for taking this course of action, allowing for public scrutiny at the time the decision is made, and suggest that if the balance of the loan is to be paid, that all the existing requirements are double checked to make sure that they are realistic and can be ahered to.   

[/quote]

does this include the threat to remove the labour chair of scrutiny then robert and how can the administration scrutinise itself if it does

Offline Ringer

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2010, 03:45:36 PM »
Troll you working with bobby Bingo on this joint enterprise? You know that the tories would never stifle free speech in Swindon Borough Council. Strangling Monty will be a help to who? Oh penny dropped LibDems of course  ;D giving Scrut to the Libdems?  Maybe an idea for some and it could be that is why the LibDems   :-X  ? I don't know it is getting more like an episode from Yes Minister.
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2010, 07:37:46 PM »
Scrutiny must be done externally. This council has proved beyond reasonable doubt that it cannot be trusted to scrutinise itself.

Offline Ringer

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2010, 08:49:18 PM »
Scrutiny must be done externally. This council has proved beyond reasonable doubt that it cannot be trusted to scrutinise itself.

Exactly an episode from Yes Prime Minister. Politician to officer "In private industry, if you screw things up you get the boot; in the council if you screw things up I get the boot"

I am sure there will be more courageous policies coming along?

To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Muggins

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2010, 09:22:11 AM »
Trollee - sorry missed your question yesterday.  David Glahom!
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2010, 10:44:20 AM »

I like that, even mulling over the inherent risks I could quite fancy a centralised and independent flying squad of pedantic bastards in grey suits.

It would ensure consistency of application wouldn't it?

A one stop shop for scrutiny, criteria for triggering a visit and access for all, it has merit.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2010, 02:43:11 PM »
Just thought of two wonderful titles for Bawden and Glaholm.
Lord Locarno for Bawden it may give him the incentive to deliver it at last. He has been promising since at least 2005
Baron Broadgreen for the other.
Bobby

Offline Muggins

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2010, 04:21:06 PM »
Locarno still being discussed ina positive tone at a meeting I go to, and  isn't' that a bit unfair on Broadgreen?

Anyway, we were only talking MBE - not a lordship.  Have fun thinking up what MBE might stand for in their cases.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2010, 06:33:28 PM »
Just thought of two wonderful titles for Bawden and Glaholm.
Lord Locarno for Bawden it may give him the incentive to deliver it at last. He has been promising since at least 2005
Baron Broadgreen for the other.

I can understand the choice of title for Mike B but why Broadgreen for DG and would it compensate for a loss of the Freedom of the Borough?
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2010, 07:56:51 PM »
Monkey Brained Eejit.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Piston Broke

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2010, 12:42:21 PM »
Is it true that a lord came here to Swindon to help the labour I bet Bob Buckland will now ask for two :angel:

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2010, 09:17:53 PM »

I think, based on what I've just learned, Lord Bassam might be quite busy in Swindon shortly :)

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2010, 08:44:31 AM »
Rod Bluh is a frightfully nice chap but as nice as he is he should not be considered as a serious candidate for an MBE never mind ermine line robes.  Let's be real if any single person deserved a national honour it should be Mike Bawden - love him or loathe him what cannot be denied is that he has given decades of voluntary political service to the town.

I think it has spanned 5 decades and he was also as a County Councillor, he was once a Conservative Councillor for Western, which goes to show that Swindon can be a swing/barometer/weathervane for all politicians from time to time. :)

Yes so whcih one will get to the Lords first or get a gong?
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2010, 11:52:11 AM »
Bawden has got his "just rewards" from Bluh.
Freedom of the Borough and Mayor for a second time.
Bluh has always been a devious person. Remember when he challenged Dobie, who was absent at the time, for deputy leadership?
Bobby

Offline Ringer

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2010, 05:26:38 PM »
It will be interesting to see who is in power this time next week nationally of course.

Offline Tig

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2010, 05:57:57 PM »
or if there is a change of leader in the local council and a reshuffle in the cabinet

:popcorn:

Offline Muggins

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2010, 06:52:22 PM »
Bawden has got his "just rewards" from Bluh.
Freedom of the Borough and Mayor for a second time.
Bluh has always been a devious person. Remember when he challenged Dobie, who was absent at the time, for deputy leadership?

Fairly sure at the time that Dobie was gone for so long he didn't really want the job anyway.

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2010, 09:26:12 AM »
Muggins
You could not be any further from the truth.
Dobie was gutted and Bawden spent the whole of the following year looking over his shoulder, but all to no avail. Bluh bought his leadership with Cabinet, and various committee chairmen appointments. Who might I add were very generously reimbursed.
Bobby

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2010, 09:50:47 AM »
Muggins
You could not be any further from the truth.
Dobie was gutted and Bawden spent the whole of the following year looking over his shoulder, but all to no avail. Bluh bought his leadership with Cabinet, and various committee chairmen appointments. Who might I add were very generously reimbursed.

From my recollections Rod Bluh just had an effective campaign manager for both bids that's all no secret there as  to what happened it was a classic 18 month campaign run on his behalf. The question Bobby B is has he got the same for this one?
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana: