Author Topic: The Advertiser breaks it's silence  (Read 12765 times)

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
Re: The Advertiser breaks it's silence
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2010, 09:24:21 PM »
Des what makes you say just because you stand on the ticket of a political party you are in anyway tainted.

Mmmm. Cos you are standing on the ticket of a political party. It is a statement of allegiance. It's not your fault, it's the business you are in.

I deal in generalisations, cos I am traeted as one.

By political parties.

Most of the time.

Whoops, there's another one.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2010, 10:31:55 PM »
Des what makes you say just because you stand on the ticket of a political party you are in anyway tainted. There are many politicians, nationally and locally, who although elected as a member of a political party are upright and honest in what they do and as such as viewed as a good MP/Councillor before being viewed as being a Lib Dem, Tory or Labour etc, MP/Councillor. It is really a shame that you cannot look past such generalisations and look at the individual instead of the political party.

Well Andy - I didn't say that all politicians are dishonest or less than upright, however only a man who has lived on the moon for the past 12 months would not understand that ALL politicians have been tainted by the actions of others.  As for 'looking beyond the party' - my point is that many voters will not look beyond the party.  They will see the party for what it is in terms of it being the defender of sleaze within.  Most voters, I would suggest have had their fill of party leaders wringing their hands in anguish and then suggesting the time has come to move on.

AndyH

« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2010, 08:50:09 AM »
The trouble is Des how long would he stay Independent.  As a true Independent he would have my full support.  At this time I am not sure where he is going to be in May.
Come on Andy declare please!
What’s always puzzled me is, if you are so keen on Independents as you keep saying you are, why haven’t you stood as one yourself?
You’ve got the talk but can you walk the walk?
Come on then Richard… declare please….

Richard, you friends have replied on your behalf, but still waiting for you to declare…

Offline Jarvis

« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2010, 09:31:40 AM »

That at weekends he's called Mandy?

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2010, 10:31:36 AM »
The trouble is Des how long would he stay Independent.  As a true Independent he would have my full support.  At this time I am not sure where he is going to be in May.
Come on Andy declare please!
What’s always puzzled me is, if you are so keen on Independents as you keep saying you are, why haven’t you stood as one yourself?
You’ve got the talk but can you walk the walk?
Come on then Richard… declare please….

Richard, you friends have replied on your behalf, but still waiting for you to declare…

Good Morning Andy,

I have been considering your request over last couple of days and would like to say is that I am almost certainly minded to contest the 2011 elections as an Independent in Walcot. 

It would appear that I share at least two of the present sitting Councillor's qualifications:-

1.  I also live in The Bramptons albeit in a much smaller property.

2.  I know a lot of people in Walcot and visit it frequently and have been pleasantly suprised how many people remember my work in the Walcot Community Shop.

What I do not share with the current Councillor is that I am an Independent and have not served as both a Labour and a Conservative on the Council.

That said 2011 elections are some fourteen months in the future and no one knows what may happen in the meantime, not even you Andy.

Meanwhile, Cabinet was very interesting last night with a large number of the public present along with the Editor of the Adver, but not a sign or sound of the Liberals.  Presumably they did not consider it important enough to voice an opinion on the revised terms of the Wi-fi loan if indeed they have one?
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2010, 10:49:01 AM »
Independent  but Richard you will be all on your own as Andy and Cllr Woods have pointed out  :'(
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #86 on: March 11, 2010, 10:52:50 AM »
But do not think for one moment if elected he would be a "Voice in the Wilderness"
Bobby

Offline Jarvis

« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2010, 03:31:45 PM »

But do not think for one moment if elected he would be a "Voice in the Wilderness"

I'd sooner have one independent voice bellowing in the civic chamber than an entire herd of whipped mice squeaking in agreement to the lead rodent.  :)

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2010, 04:08:37 PM »
Jarvis
I agree entirely with your sentiments and I only wish that Ady Harrison had the balls to be an Independant.
He would really liven up all sides in the chamber but now as a Lib/Dem he will only be able to promise all things to everybody knowing they will never be in a position to deliver it.
Bobby

Offline Muggins

« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2010, 04:31:19 PM »
Maybe but as a local councillors as opposed to an MP, he can make one hell of a dent in what his constituents need.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)