Author Topic: Lord Ashcroft  (Read 6545 times)

Offline Ringer

Robert Buckland has nothing to hide is it a tit for tat spat ?
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2010, 12:01:55 PM »
Well done Robert on answering the questions posed on here:

http://www.annesnelgrove.co.uk/buckland-reveals-ashcroft-link     

I know it is an Anne Snelgrove Blog and release, but it is god that Robert has come out and has nothing to hide. Is it nothing more than a good old fashioned tit for tat spat?
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Alligator

• Twitter - @Alliflowchart
Re: Lord Ashcroft
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2010, 03:39:35 PM »
I can't follow this link, in fact it seems that Annie's site is not there at the moment.  Is it just my connection? It may come back later.   :-\

Offline Ringer

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2010, 03:54:09 PM »
I just followed it an it was there :)
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2010, 05:10:12 PM »

Sorry, The server is too busy at the moment. Please come back in a few minutes.

Piston Broke

Re: Lord Ashcroft Whoop Whoop Whoop!!
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2010, 01:27:21 PM »
The Adver takes an interest  :coffee:

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/5074556.Election_war_of_words_on_cash/?ref=mr

Has Robert Buckland been forced to the surface like sub being hunted by a destroyer?

http://annesnelgrove.co.uk/buckland-reveals-ashcroft-link

Has Justin Tomlinson run to deep water for cover on this one away from the sonar?

I am sure there will be much whooping from the destroyers as Das Boot is applied  by Victor Agrawal ))))

http://www.annesnelgrove.co.uk/tories-should-come-clean

North Swindon Labour candidate Victor Agarwal said about voting in Swindon North.

"During this election campaign before the people of Swindon cast their votes they need to ask themselves why is a Billionaire who does not live in England want a Tory victory.  What does he know about local residents concerns and priorities?  David Cameron says he wants to clean up politics, is he going to do the right thing and return Lord Ashcroft's huge donations or is he going to show that it is the same old Tories, close to big business and not making decisions in the interests of the public" [/s]

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2010, 01:51:26 PM »
I think Robert should be on the verge of realising that Tomlinson has been using him as fire-blanket. 

Good 'ole JT is more than happy to see his mate fry if it keeps the heat off him and, as he's now being credited by his own party for severely damaging the Wifi deal, my Dead Men Walking thread seems more relevent by theday....

These are the first and last paragraphs of the Dead Men Walking thread.  I wrote in on the 16th of January 2010.....

Quote from: Me
It's not often that  we voters get to witness the political death of a council administration, but I suggest the readers of the Talkswindon forum are seeing exactly this, in slow motion, up close and personal.  Moreover, because we record and discuss local events here on Talkswindon, we're able to rewind the narrative and take a second look at events and statements made days, weeks, months and even years ago.  We have ringside seats to this gory spectacle and, (I'm sure it will interest TS members to know), that there are many other interested eyes looking almost constantly at Swindon.  Rod Bluh and his cabinet really have, as they often claim,  'Put Swindon On The Map', but not the map they were hoping for.  They have no-one to blame but themselves for what is currently happening.....

And the last paragraph:

......Finally then, it's no secret that I want Anne Snelgrove out of office so I don't ever want to start a thread entitled 'Bluh Buggers Bucklands Bid - Snelgrove Wins'.....

....but seeing where Bluh's leadership is taking the Tory party in Swindon it's becoming more possible by the day.  Odd to think that Dead men walking the corridors of the civic may prevent Mssrs Buckland and Tomlinson from ever walking the corridors of Westminster.

Just 3 months on and I'm not so sure I want Anne Snelgrove out of office quite as badly as I did in January. Equally I'm not sure that writing the 'Bluh buggers Bucklands Bid' post would be quite as difficult as I once thought.

If a day is a long time in politics, what then of 3 months?  Even I am surprised how I'm feeling now....

:popcorn:

Offline Ringer

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2010, 02:31:27 PM »
They could have just fainted and later will be revived by a the stench of a foul smelling salts. It always seems to work in Sherlock holmes when a lady passes out cold.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2010, 11:06:19 PM »

I don't think Cllr's Martin, Perkins & Williams thought this leaflet through....

....and I think, considering the Lord Ashcroft wossname hanging over him, and that the Swindon Tories haven't submitted their accounts for a couple of years, Robert Buckland may shortly regret attaching himself to it.

I really don't think putting:

"These leaflets are paid for by Swindon Conservatives and not by the tax-payer as is the case with some Labour leaflets"

...was a funny or clever thing to do.

Septic Peg says:

I see letters of complaint winging their way towards the Electoral commission.....

.... and something going the other way towards an infamous building at 17 Doreen Business Village.Murdock Road, Swindon SN3 SHY 

[/quote]

Offline Ringer

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2010, 11:23:08 PM »
Who owns TB marketing? Is it conservative printing or something?

Offline komadori

• komadori's green corner
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2010, 11:33:30 PM »
TB Marketing is Mr Tomlinson's printing business.
If something's worth doing it's worth doing in green. komadori's green c

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2010, 11:35:21 PM »
Who owns TB marketing? Is it conservative printing or something?

That would be the company owned by SBC Councillor & Conservative PPC for North Swindon Justin Tomlinson

Not quite as rich as Lord Ashcroft.

*Edit: beaten to it by Komadori  :)

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2010, 11:05:27 AM »
J.T's printing business is common knowledge.
He uses a John Bull(shit) outfit.
Bobby

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2010, 08:29:08 PM »
Does TB stand for Tory Bas......?

Just establishing me credentials here, some of the treehuggers have me down as right wing, correctly, but I also have left wing views. Sometimes I am middle of the road. Sometimes I don't give a toss.

I distrust all who align themselves witha political party then profess to serve the public interest. It can't happen kids, it's like buffoons in their pinks claiming they are nurturing the fox population.

It's in the public interest.

No.

It's feckin not.

I think I adopting a haiku form of posting.

I

the funny gaps

I am

Leaving.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Piston Broke

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2010, 08:33:02 AM »
Wait a minute are you implying that money from Belize is funding fat cat tory campaigns? Or that money evetually finds its way into the operating profits of a business owned by a tory councillor? If you are Shame on all of you for smearing hard working tory candidates. Is there no level that talkswindon will not stoop to to turn over a stone and tarnish the name of the tories?

Komadori & Geoff I am surprised that you can even mention TB marketing and Justin Tomlinson and Lord Ashcroft in the same breathposts/thread Shame on both of you two. If you can explain why you have had the temeirity to do it on talkswindon when JT and RB cannot answer back due to electronic gagging. What next  another award named the Keel Billed Toucan trophy for who ate all the Ashcroft pies? (Keeled Billed Toucan national bird of Belize)

I don't know I thought talkswindon was seriously  interested only in scrutinising politicians annd getting down to the brass tacks not out to make fun of as quoted by Eric Pickles “We have seen what can be done as a council, and now it is time for our extremely good candidates to get into place and bring some honesty, decency and straightforwardness into government".

It is not for you to do a kill Bill on tory leaflets it is distracting from the message! :tickedoff:

Piston Broke

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2010, 12:37:19 PM »
The Ashcroft money is it still sloshing ariound in Swindon tories or has it all gone now. The manifesto booklet looks nice that may have been very costly to do me thinks ))))

Offline Ringer

Re: Lord Ashcroft More Offshore?
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2010, 08:54:35 AM »
I know this is a BFM comment posted on Adver in response to Scrutiny all clear for  Wi-fi.

Bobfm, South Marston says...
8:36am Tue 20 Apr 10

Isn't it Tory policy not to engage with companies registered outside the UK or in tax havens.

Also how many Tories are on the scrutiny committee, are they the majority group.

Did we ever believe the result would be any different. In a word NO.

This has been a corrupt process from day one. Let us hope the Audit Commission says so.

But it makes a point about offshore article here http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/8108118.Scrutiny_meeting_all_clear_for_Wi_FI/#commentsList

Offline Francoise De Lampe

• Oui, nous pouvons !
  • Francoise et sa lanterne magique !
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2010, 10:43:14 AM »

Audit Commission says of itself:

The Audit Commission

The Audit Commission is an independent watchdog, driving economy, efficiency and effectiveness in local public services to deliver better outcomes for everyone.

Our work across local government, health, housing, community safety and fire and rescue services means that we have a unique perspective. We promote value for money for taxpayers, covering the £180 billion spent by 11,000 local public bodies.

As a force for improvement, we work in partnership to assess local public services and make practical recommendations for promoting a better quality of life for local people.

One must wonder if it will do what it says on the tin.

Offline Steve Wakefield

Re: Lord Ashcroft: Did it matter a Flying Fig?
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2010, 08:47:02 AM »
Did the Cashcroft Lord Ashcroft money make any difference after all to the outcome of the elction locally/nationally?
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline komadori

• komadori's green corner
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2010, 09:19:39 PM »
Impossible to tell. To be honest, I didn't notice a level of activity any greater than in previous elections. If anything, there was less.
If something's worth doing it's worth doing in green. komadori's green c