Author Topic: Labour Battle of Bosworth  (Read 2234 times)

Offline Ringer

Labour Battle of Bosworth
« on: February 22, 2010, 09:06:10 AM »
No pun intended but Labour activity over last two weekends in F&G Bosworth is interesting is it only a skirmish?

To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Richard Shaw

• Hello !
Re: Labour Battle of Bosworth
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 10:16:36 AM »
I hope Mick Bray makes it home ok because they would be lost without him as he does all the work or so I am told.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 11:18:06 AM »
I hope Mick Bray makes it home ok because they would be lost without him as he does all the work or so I am told.

Of the other two Tories in my ward: One doesn't ever answer emails and the other one does, but only seems to appear when leafleting or pre-election canvassing.

I understand that the latest addition, Cllr Dickinson, far from moving into FB&GP as voters here were led to believe, is looking to move from his Eastcott residence and go the other way entirely.  This won't make any discernible difference to the ward as, like I said, we don't see him here anyway.

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 11:32:17 AM »
Well last night Cllr D was having a pop at Cllr Junab Ali who does live in FB&GP, he challenged cllr Ali several times and then pointed out the new ASb unit being built at Greendown for 600k or something like that. I noticed Cllr Ali did not rise to it or answer back he just stopped and did that disapproving politician looking thingy that Geoff commented on from the public box. Looking down on the politicians, gives the public a view of the front bench that are accountable to the cllrs and the public.

This was done to prevent politicans talking down to the public as they have to look up to them. If the box was behind the front bench looking down on the Cllrs that would really be a different perspective. As Mayor you get a ring side seat of cllrs faces as the debate shifts from speaker to speaker. Very interesting looking at eye rolling and head nodding/shaking cllrs as people speak. Or wry smiles as Public Questions are asked and the response when the front bench splutter or get caught off guard.
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 10:08:38 PM »

I conclude from Cllr Dickinsons behaviour last night that he's now thoroughly house trained and once again a loyal member of the Rodigarchy.

Shame. He had his chance to shine..

Piston Broke

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 10:30:16 PM »
Councillor D may be in the big tent and may be onside, but that will not save him he will get slaughtered sacraficially speaking next year in the elections. Labour are already planning his demise, so here is a bet that he jumps ship  to be a councillor nearer  to where he lives. No more X factor for Councillor D.

Offline swindoncentric

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 08:40:20 PM »
Councillor Bray certainly doesn't like to make his present felt in a public setting, if anyone who attended the Freshbrook Community Centre meeting after the sudden closure last year will testify.

Rather odd, considering a confidence to speak in public, to the public, should be top of the job description.

He said a very short amount at the start of the meeting, then left the rest to, mostly, Councillor Martin.

One thing counts in his favour though, he lives in his ward!

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 08:05:19 PM »

I conclude from Cllr Dickinsons behaviour last night that he's now thoroughly house trained and once again a loyal member of the Rodigarchy.

Shame. He had his chance to shine..

Oooh!, faint outlines of a rumour that Michael might be implicated in a coup attempt.  Would certainly explain why he has a little swagger to his step while other Tories are trudging around like prisoners of war....

We'll see what happens, (if anything), but if true I might need to swop  :popcorn: for :humble pie:  :)

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 08:16:55 PM »
Michael is looking and acting very differently from a few weeks ago so  :popcorn:
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana: