Author Topic: Giving Oral To the Special Committee  (Read 15844 times)

Offline Muggins

Re: Giving Oral To the Special Committee
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2010, 09:51:41 AM »
There is a councillor with the portfolio for Connecting People - Brian Mattock.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Piston Broke

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2010, 09:55:47 AM »
There is mention of a colin lovell safer stronger borough.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2010, 09:58:09 AM »
No definitely Brian Mattock as far as engagment is concerned. 
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Trollee

• Hello !
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2010, 02:22:34 PM »
There is a councillor with the portfolio for Connecting People - Brian Mattock.

I dont understand connecting people or safer stronger borough - does this mean communities and our police - looks like these people are a waste of time as we dont even know what they do or is it they are there for the council leader.  these people are so quiete that ypu would not know they were there  we need people to look after community interrests what is going on

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2010, 03:36:44 PM »
Connecting People
Sounds more like a dating agency
So perhaps Fin Foley should be in charge
Bobby

Offline Muggins

« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2010, 04:52:51 PM »
Quote by Trollee "I dont understand connecting people or safer stronger borough "

I'll try to explain.   SBC lump several departments under one director and one cabinet member has the 'portfolio'.   Colin Lovell was the communities guy along with other stuff.

then when the Real People Real power 'law' came in the Boroughs had a 'duty to promote local democracy'. they chose the project name Connecting People, Connecting Places and split Swindon  up into 7 clusters, each with a lead officer - anyway there is loads more about that in other threads - I must have writtten a thesis on here by now about it!  When SBC - and it's partners, started they made one cabinet member responsible for that portfolio - it is a big job so I can see the sense in that.  To be honest I haven't followed the plot further than that, but a quick look on the SBC web site as to who does what now will tell you more. 

Basically  safer, stronger, is about the usual community stuff, including partnerships with police etc., and Connecting People is about theat all important engagment/getting more people involved .

Bobby, there has been loads of comments on here about the name.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2010, 03:37:41 PM »
The agenda for next Tuesdays 'Special Committee' shows that they're having another go at getting some oral from the Borough Solicitor.....

.... on the subject of appointing Directors to the board of the now 'standing alone' company SCS.

http://ww2.swindon.gov.uk/moderngov/ieListDocuments.asp?CId=307&MId=4204&Ver=4&J=4

Appointment of Directors to Swindon Commercial Services Ltd. (SCS). (Oral)

The Council's Cabinet on 9th December 2009 approved the establishment of Swindon Commercial Services Limited (SCS) as an "Arms Length Company" from 1st January 2010. (Minute 75 of the Cabinet refers).

The Council, as shareholder, is required to appoint the Chair and Directors of the Company, including one Councillor representative to serve on the new Company's Board, together with such number of officer representatives as should be agreed with the new Company, and the Special Committee is asked to make the appointments on behalf of the Council.

A list of proposals for the Company Chair and Directors will be submitted at the meeting.

The Special Committee is further requested to authorise the Chief Executive, in consultation with the Leader of the Council, to exercise voting rights on behalf of the Council at shareholder meetings of Swindon Commercial Services Limited (SCS).

Discuss.....