Author Topic: Residents parking suggestions  (Read 22182 times)

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
Re: Residents parking suggestions
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2009, 04:47:51 PM »
It's only a matter of time before some accounting twonk notices that Old Town residents are in fact liable for the £450k that nice Mr Hunt picked up as part of his philanthropic gesture in partneship with the marmosets of SBC.

Oh yes, possession of a residents parking permit renders you liable because it was printed on a wireless printer which used the brief window of opportunity offered by the whizzbang wifi scam scheme to transmit your data from the computer you bought the Council to the printer you bought the Council.

In fact come to think of it, residents with parking permits should probably underwrite SBC's IT budget.

Probably stationery as well, just to keep things fair.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Karsten

• Politics is Bollock'tics
Re: PCNs data 2003 -2006 and 2006-2009
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2010, 01:41:58 AM »
How many got my leaflet in Central and Eastcott?

If you read it you can see that SBC say they only get £163,000 a year in income and overspend in regards to Residents parking.

That is their view.. The google group Swindon_zoneK has the data files for 2003 - 2006 and shows they took 1 million over 3 yrs and that  in 2006 the Parking Attendents walked twice as many routes as in the two years before.
The fines were £30 then not they are a lot more.

I intend to get 10 signatures to request  a Town Poll in regards the parking fees rises last year.
Ford street virtually do that as the petition asked for a referendum on parking.   No Town Poll has been held yet so I think we need to push for this.

It will be interesting how many votes I get in Central..

Karsten Evans.. Independent.