Author Topic: Tadpole Farm & Cllr Tomlinson (Formerly Known As 'Neeer')  (Read 34713 times)

Offline Mellon

• Whatever it is , I didn't do it!
    • Mellons Blog
Re: Tadpole Farm & Cllr Tomlinson (Formerly Known As 'Neeer')
« Reply #140 on: November 18, 2010, 06:15:42 PM »
it has just been pointed out to me that a new possible strategic waste site is also planned at chapel farm.....

if i get some more info ill let you know  O0
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
« Reply #141 on: November 18, 2010, 06:18:07 PM »
oops forgot to mention (just had this pointed out aswell

There is a meeting tonight at Isambard Community School tonight regarding the developments! it starts at 7:30 pm (if anything is wrong let me know!)
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
« Reply #142 on: January 27, 2011, 12:22:17 PM »
i recently sent an email to Councillor Keith Williams regarding a meeting concerning the developments of North Swindon and other Councillors attendance, this was the reply i recieved:

Dear Mr Reid,

I attended the public event hosted at the Roughmoor Hall (bottom of Sandacre Road) by DPDS. Councillor Nick Martin was also at the event.
A separate event was hosted in Purton that Cllr Molly Groom (Wiltshire) attended, but I am not aware of any others.

The developers are pushing ahead and the main problem from my perspective is that Wiltshire do not have a mature core strategy. This could leave them vulnerable on appeal now that the RSS has been overturned; assuming they reject any planning application.
I am also concerned that apart from local Wiltshire Councillors there is little interest in opposing this elsewhere in Wiltshire.
It is therefore essential that any application that does not provide adequate infrastructure provision is resisted.

Please let me know if you have any more questions. If it is easier then give me a call one evening.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #143 on: January 27, 2011, 04:33:38 PM »
Mellon Last October: "it has just been pointed out to me that a new possible strategic waste site is also planned at chapel farm....."

Don;t know how I missed that: At 3.4 hectare, That is a more or less one  field by development standards. Mellon

On that visit to Chapel Farm I spoke about on another thread, they showed us the next place one fo the big landfill pits would be put and that was it, I think!  I really wish you could see them - things of wonder.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #144 on: June 15, 2012, 12:48:04 AM »

What an interesting topic this is, particularly the early contributions made by Justin Tomlinson MP when he was a Borough Councillor for a North Swindon Ward.  As soon as he was elected he vanished from TS.

I've only recently become properly interested in this, so can anyone able to tell me if Mr Tomlinsons recent comments on the Tadpole Farm development are entirely consistent with statements he made in this topic two years ago?

George Elliot

« Reply #145 on: June 23, 2012, 12:15:26 PM »

What an interesting topic this is, particularly the early contributions made by Justin Tomlinson MP when he was a Borough Councillor for a North Swindon Ward.  As soon as he was elected he vanished from TS.

I've only recently become properly interested in this, so can anyone able to tell me if Mr Tomlinsons recent comments on the Tadpole Farm development are entirely consistent with statements he made in this topic two years ago?

You may want to look at the Oakhurst Residents Association website  http://oakhurstresidents.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/why-did-tomlinsons-and-leader-attend.html