Author Topic: Tadpole Farm & Cllr Tomlinson (Formerly Known As 'Neeer')  (Read 36940 times)

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
Re: Tadpole Farm & Cllr Tomlinson (Formerly Known As 'Neeer')
« Reply #120 on: March 08, 2010, 06:42:53 PM »
Contact a local councillor - simply a waste of time.  as Coun Tomlinson will know I had occasion to contact my ward councillor on a matter and it took 3 months to get 'nothing' When i complained the system gathered the poor little councillor under its wings and offered him protection from the nasty constituent.  The council then adjudicated and basically said - if a councillor promises to get back to you - that is an answer - the fact that he didn't get back to you is immaterial.

One thing that really worries me about some local councillors is that they simply don't do enough for constituents hence MP's postbags and casework is heavily accentuated towards local issues.

So Coun Tomlinson if you get elected as an MP don't be fooled into thinking your time will be taken up with weighty matters of state - more likely matters of rubbish collection

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2010, 10:12:10 PM »
Contact a local councillor - simply a waste of time.  as Coun Tomlinson will know I had occasion to contact my ward councillor on a matter and it took 3 months to get 'nothing' When i complained the system gathered the poor little councillor under its wings and offered him protection from the nasty constituent.  The council then adjudicated and basically said - if a councillor promises to get back to you - that is an answer - the fact that he didn't get back to you is immaterial.

One thing that really worries me about some local councillors is that they simply don't do enough for constituents hence MP's postbags and casework is heavily accentuated towards local issues.

So Coun Tomlinson if you get elected as an MP don't be fooled into thinking your time will be taken up with weighty matters of state - more likely matters of rubbish collection

Is this particular Councillor up for election this time Des?
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Mellon

• Whatever it is , I didn't do it!
    • Mellons Blog
« Reply #122 on: May 14, 2010, 07:12:18 PM »
POST 200 (not a big achievement but still woohoo! :D)

i recently penned somethin together for the new leader of the country........it may relate to this thread

?Dear Mr Cameron,

I have a concern with one of your newly elected MP's Justin Tomlinson, Mr Tomlinson has been engaging on an internet forum called talkswindon.org (which i think is great that councillors and MP's are engaging through different mediums) although i have become unsettled about Mr Tomlinson as i asked him to explain what his 'crystal clear message' was. Mr Tomlinson has openly said he is against the development at Tadpole Farm in North Swindon yet he will not openly reply to a constituents question. I feel as though Mr Tomlinson is ignoring my questions and polite requests for information regarding the proposed development....i have heard nothing. I am writing to you now as i feel that since Mr Tomlinson had parliamentary prospects he has neglected his duty to the electorate and has let me down, I am almost disappointed that a member of parliament would retreat at the mere sight of a question. I would be extremely grateful if you could help resolve this situation.

Thank you for your time and many regards

Mellon  (name changed for certain reasons)

i am awaiting reply :coffee:
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2010, 10:33:08 AM »
Be patient Mellon. He is in for 5 years!
Bobby

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2010, 10:40:12 AM »
Be patient Mellon. He is in for 5 years!

maybe  :azn:
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline Ringer

« Reply #125 on: November 03, 2010, 12:13:19 PM »
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/8490384._Development_will_open_up_a_rat_run_/

Is that Stephanie wearing the Red Jacket?
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Ringer

« Reply #126 on: November 03, 2010, 06:03:57 PM »
http://www.swindonlink.com/news/tadpole-lane-development-is-not-a-fait-accompli-says-oakhurst-resident  Has Justin Tomlinson MP capitulated to the developers? :2funny:
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
« Reply #127 on: November 03, 2010, 06:15:56 PM »
GO ON STEPH !!!  ;D

http://www.swindonlink.com/news/tadpole-lane-development-is-not-a-fait-accompli-says-oakhurst-resident  Has Justin Tomlinson MP capitulated to the developers? :2funny:

what does capitulated mean?

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #128 on: November 03, 2010, 06:21:37 PM »
It's a french thing
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Rochelle

« Reply #129 on: November 03, 2010, 06:41:49 PM »
good to see Steph back in action, she looks jolly cross!

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
« Reply #130 on: November 03, 2010, 07:23:11 PM »

i dont think justin gave in to the developers, as soon as he knew he was going Westminster he just walked away and abandoned the residents, which in my eyes shows the true nature of Tomlinson

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #131 on: November 03, 2010, 07:35:05 PM »
Well I wonder how the volume of traffic will impact on the Tadpole Express and what will happen with the speed limit on the Tadpole Express ?????????????

Will the 50 mph school safety zone remain as a 50 mph school safety zone ?
Or will the whole speed limit of the Tadpole Expressway be reviewed ?

Something will have to give and I do hope that all involved consult with the schools on the learning campus as it will affect all of them and the children, parents & staff who travel through Oakhurst or the via the Tadpole Express !!!!!!!!!!!
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
« Reply #132 on: November 03, 2010, 07:56:19 PM »
Well I wonder how the volume of traffic will impact on the Tadpole Express and what will happen with the speed limit on the Tadpole Express ?????????????

Will the 50 mph school safety zone remain as a 50 mph school safety zone ?
Or will the whole speed limit of the Tadpole Expressway be reviewed ?

Something will have to give and I do hope that all involved consult with the schools on the learning campus as it will affect all of them and the children, parents & staff who travel through Oakhurst or the via the Tadpole Express !!!!!!!!!!!

didnt Councillor Peter Greenhalgh pass comment on this very issue?

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #133 on: November 03, 2010, 08:04:39 PM »

Oakhurst resident and former Swindon councillor Stephanie Exell says, "these houses do not have to be built because the new Swindon core planning strategy is not fixed and won't be until later in 2011.

"Swindon Council and Justin Tomlinson MP can say now that the Tadpole Farm does not have to go ahead. I think a large number of people in North Swindon would appreciate it if they did."

Well, Justin?...

....Vera?

...any North Swindon Councillor ?

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
« Reply #134 on: November 03, 2010, 09:01:52 PM »

Oakhurst resident and former Swindon councillor Stephanie Exell says, "these houses do not have to be built because the new Swindon core planning strategy is not fixed and won't be until later in 2011.

"Swindon Council and Justin Tomlinson MP can say now that the Tadpole Farm does not have to go ahead. I think a large number of people in North Swindon would appreciate it if they did."

Well, Justin?...

....Vera?

...any North Swindon Councillor ?

i dont think youll get a reply as justin has walked away and vera is probably inspecting tweets

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #135 on: November 04, 2010, 02:55:53 AM »

We'll give him a little nudge later then.

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
« Reply #136 on: November 04, 2010, 08:42:19 PM »

We'll give him a little nudge later then.

the nudge is coming soon......

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #137 on: November 04, 2010, 08:52:05 PM »
Why has the Link and Steph got another story coming?
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
« Reply #138 on: November 04, 2010, 09:05:51 PM »
Why has the Link and Steph got another story coming?

i have no idea......... :azn:

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
« Reply #139 on: November 07, 2010, 03:47:17 PM »
The developers have been given a crystal clear message what we as local residents would find acceptable and if they choose to not deliver on this, then we, led myself will campaign every inch of the way against this.

The work of the Redhouse Residents Association with me on this has been excellent.

hmm an interesting statement from Mr Tomlinson, so far he has kept true to one of his promises

the number of houses built being between 1,500 and 2,000, allowing for a better quality development, and a lower number of cars

but for the rest well......that remains to be seen. With the start up of the Oakhurst Residents Association by Steph Exell, after the Redhouse Residents associations dissapearence after Mr Tomlinson went to parliament it is a new chance for the residents of north and west swindon to have their say.

But remember Mr Tomlinson was not the only Councillor to approach Crest Nicholson over the development plans :

Councillor Vera Tomlinson
Councillor Peter Greenhalgh
Councillor Rod Bluh

They have been very quiet havent they?  ???

Mellon