Author Topic: Tadpole Farm & Cllr Tomlinson (Formerly Known As 'Neeer')  (Read 34051 times)

Offline Mellon

• Whatever it is , I didn't do it!
    • Mellons Blog
Tadpole Farm & Cllr Tomlinson (Formerly Known As 'Neeer')
« on: February 02, 2010, 02:50:38 PM »
So justin, if labour have stepped up their campaign, shouldnt  you aswell?

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline Justin Tomlinson

• Abbey Meads Conservatives
Re: Tadpole Farm & Cllr Tomlinson (Formerly Known As 'Neeer')
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 02:52:43 PM »

In what way? 

I can only do as much as I have helpers and resources, but if you think we are missing anything in particular please do say.

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 02:58:02 PM »
Sorry, my phones messing about . I wasn't supposed to start a new topic.

To answer your question

Should you not double your efforts with the resources you have and/or try recruiting new helpers ??
Have you drawn up  an effective coverage plan to help maximise the coverage of your campaign??
And lastly meeting the good people themselves because surely you work for them??
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline Justin Tomlinson

• Abbey Meads Conservatives
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 03:05:37 PM »
Yes, yes and yes.  :)

Certainly though the more helpers I could recruit, the more that could be done.

I do spend a lot of time meeting residents, though there are 74000 in North Swindon so it is no quick task.

Offline Richard Shaw

• Hello !
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 03:18:32 PM »
Justin,

good to see you are out and about.  How many doors have you done today?

I hope admin put this back under the thread of Labour Activists Assault Borough and will you please tell where the link is to Victors remarks about you not living in the borough please as that is dirty politics implying something that cannot be substantiated

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 03:44:39 PM »
Yes more helpers would indeed help the war on voters of the mass decissive , but it seems you've been slightly relaxed about all this

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 04:36:19 PM »

In what way? 

I can only do as much as I have helpers and resources, but if you think we are missing anything in particular please do say.

Why not get those pro-hunt supoporters to help, just  like you utilised them last time.

Maybe this time you might want to let them know that not every tory voter automatically supports or believes their cause to be just.

Gardening tips: Always remember its brown side down, green side up.  If its knocking now it'll only go bang later

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 02:59:44 PM »
On the subject of working hard I reminded of myself of a very recent memory, yesterday infact. Whilst I was out for a cycle with a friend we came across Tadpole Farm and an interesting discussion presented itself....several questions arose and some where answered by ourselves and a few from other sources , however I find myself wanting on a questionable trail with several differant tangents, with no clear path of answers to follow, I'm just going to jump in like a fat kid on a muffin....

1. If the developer had initially said they wanted to go upto the local development limit of 1,000 homes, why is it that they now want to build 3,000????
2.If 3,000 homes are to be built, how will the local infrastructure be supported by the extra pressure???
3.How will the traffic flow be regulated?? As there is a school opposite the proposed site.
4.Will the speed limit of tadpole lane be reduced from 50 to 30/20?? As it will indeed be a residential zone.(Question for Mr Greenhalgh).
5.Why was the North Swindon MP not present at the RSS meeting to discuss/reject the proposed rise in homes being built?? (Question for Mr Tomlinson)

So gentleman .....working hard or hardly working??

Offline Richard Shaw

• Hello !
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 03:36:28 PM »
Mellon,

Surely you do not expect any answers to your questions?

Cabinet members and prospectives don't answer questions.......

usually - lets hope they do so now!!

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 03:56:23 PM »
Well if the questions go un-answered than they will be shown to be sitting on an important issue that will affect a great deal of swindon residents, if the councillors decide or are told not to answer simple questions from a resident than they show a blatant dis-regard for the residents of their wards....but we will have to wait and see

Offline Richard Shaw

• Hello !
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 04:55:35 PM »
Mellon,

As you say we shall have to wait and see.  Your optimism that we shall be given answers is refreshing, I hope you are not disappointed

Offline Keith

• Cllr. for Shaw and Nine Elms
    • West Swindon In Touch
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 01:47:55 PM »
Mellon,

Richard, have I ever not responded to any e-mails you have sent to me in the past?

I would also advise people to contact Councillors and PPCs directly rather than posting questions from anonymous logins on this site.

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 02:20:17 PM »
But surely if people wish to post under a differant name on a discussion board than that is their decision, if I were to contact you directly I would use the same name I have here due to the simple fact that 'mellon' is my nickname and the name I prefer people to call me by AND even further so as TS is an open site for topics of interest and is widely open to the public and councillors alike than whatever is said in any correspondence can also be posted here, besides if the public could get real answers from their local councillors than talkswindon would not exist as more than a social site, besides if we cannot ask questions than there is no democracy........

Offline Richard Shaw

• Hello !
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2010, 02:56:12 PM »
Mellon,

Richard, have I ever not responded to any e-mails you have sent to me in the past?

I would also advise people to contact Councillors and PPCs directly rather than posting questions from anonymous logins on this site.

Councillor Keith I don't know why you come on here to intimidate me because you have no way of proving my identity.  This is one reason why I would NEVER USE THE WI-FI SYSTEM because you would be able to monitor everything I did and said!!

Councillor Glaholm has complained in numerous occasions in council and outside that Councillor Greenhalgh never responds to anything sent to him.  I don't personally bother because I KNOW  he won't respond so save my energy.

Offline Dougal

• Administrator
    • Talkswindon.org
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 03:59:59 PM »

Ah, that's an ethical minefield I think you, as an IT professional, should know to avoid.  Your statement suggests you believe Richard Shaw is the same person you have communicated with via other means.  Admin asks you to consider how the other 'Richard', or indeed an official body, might view referring to their communications being used in a fishing trip on an open forum?

A right to anonymity still exists in British law and Data Protection legislation still protects it, as does the Talkswindon forum.  If you do not agree with this please start a thread to discuss it.

An elected councillor publicly engaging in trying to 'out' another forum member who may, or may not be using a pseudonym to post his or her opinions on a public forum, will inevitably lead to speculation as to how many elected members may also be posting using pseudonyms.

Forum Admins are aware that some members, including councillors, are repeatedly using the personal message and forum email system to contact other members who they wish to 'identify' and attempting to determine who they are by the responses given. This is not acceptable.

It is not acceptable for elected members to treat members of Talkswindon as if they are 'under the political whip'. They are not.

Use of the forum PM and email system will be denied to any councillor engaging in these activities and assistance given to any forum member if they chose to complain officially about councillors conduct towards them on this forum.

Would you please you clarify this statement.
www.talkswindon.org is a venue, not a person or political entity. As such, it hopes to encourage input and discussion on any topic, from all walks of Swindon life.   

Abnormal Load

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 07:16:17 PM »
A right to anonymity still exists in British law and Data Protection legislation still protects it, as does the Talkswindon forum.  If you do not agree with this please start a thread to discuss it.

Dougal, does this mean that Ts will not disclose users identity or ISP?

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2010, 09:32:13 PM »
If I'm correct TS does not have the right to disclose that information, anyway this thread has been diverted may I ask the admins to split this thread in two.....also, justin your being very quiet ??

Offline DaveWood

• Swindon Liberal Democrats
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2010, 10:19:13 PM »

Electorally speaking a last minute scramble might look more impressive than a solid, sustained effort but - by-elections aside - it's rarely effective.

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2010, 11:15:06 PM »
Good obersavtion Mr Wood , however knocking on the door and speaking to the people would have greater effect than a leaflet through the door?

Offline DaveWood

• Swindon Liberal Democrats
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2010, 11:16:15 PM »
Good obersavtion Mr Wood , however knocking on the door and speaking to the people would have greater effect than a leaflet through the door?

Can't argue with that.