Author Topic: When? - When did de-coupling SCS start exactly?  (Read 12998 times)

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
Re: When? - When did de-coupling SCS start exactly?
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2010, 07:52:24 PM »
Wiki say:

The investigations found that many safety rules were simply out of date, and new laws were recommended. Numerous safety improvements for ocean-going vessels were implemented, including improved hull and bulkhead design, access throughout the ship for egress of passengers, lifeboat requirements, improved life-vest design, the holding of safety drills, better passenger notification, radio communications laws, etc. The investigators also learned that the Titanic had sufficient lifeboat space for all first-class passengers, but not for the lower classes. In fact, most third class passengers had no idea where the lifeboats were, much less any way of getting up to the higher decks where the lifeboats were stowed.

Or of course, if you want to really want to uncover the truth:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081400/

Loads of SBC relevant analogies, where's Dirk Pitt when you need him eah?
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Ringer

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2010, 07:57:46 PM »
Did the captain of the Titanic go down with the ship? Or is that just anothe analagy?
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2010, 08:07:57 PM »
Or did he cross the floor to Cunard?
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.