Author Topic: Well Done Swindon Town!  (Read 1142 times)

Offline Chris Van Roon

Well Done Swindon Town!
« on: January 27, 2010, 01:24:32 PM »
This is a subject which is hardly ever commented on on this forum (more's the pity), but I would just like to say that Swindon Town, under Danny Wilson's management, are putting a decent side together that will be challenging to go up at the end of the season.

They are a joy to watch at the moment, I've not seen such a decent side for almost ten or fifteen years at the County Ground. From the keeper to the defence, midfield and strikers, they play as a solid unit. 

Last night they played Leeds United off the park in one of the most comprehensive, emphatic displays I have ever seen Swindon play at the County Ground in all my 21+ seasons of going.

And in the boardroom, things are a lot calmer too. I feel for Crystal Palace, who went into administration last night, because Swindon (along with a number of other clubs) have been there in the past decade. 

Well done you Reds!  :banana:

Offline Steve Wakefield

Re: Well Done Swindon Town!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 04:56:31 PM »
Chris

It could even be automatic promotion :banana: :banana:
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 05:18:07 PM »
I was in the town end, the atmosphere reminded me of the run up to the promotion to league division one under Ossie Ardilles

Fantastic , come on you Reds! :banana:
Gardening tips: Always remember its brown side down, green side up.  If its knocking now it'll only go bang later

Offline concerned_of_Old_Town

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 05:44:51 PM »
Yes I went to County Ground for first time for about 10 years and was impressed by the atmosphere and how well Swindon played.

On a related point glancing through the programme noticed full page advert for Anne Snelgrove mp and how she "stands up for Swindon" paid for out of her communications allowance.  Unfortuantely do not have a copy as would scan it in but surprised she is allowed to do this?

Offline Chris Van Roon

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 05:11:48 PM »
The game was terrific. I'm still buzzing from it!

Concerned - you must come back some more times this season! Charlton, Bristol Rovers and Norwich all to come before the end of March. Plus a couple more Tuesday night games against Oldham and Stockport.

Offline Simon

• Jnr. Jedi
    • Swindon Climate Action Network
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 09:44:22 PM »
Swindon Town beat Leeds United?  :o

Weren't Leeds briefly top of the premiership a few years ago?

I confess I'm out of touch with football and haven't really had any interest in it during my adult life. I used to watch Swindon's home games during my childhood, in the days when Swindon were in the 4th division (before the premiership was formed and every team shifted up a division, when there still was a 4th division), when Lou Macari was the manager. Does that make me old?  :-\

Still, well done chaps  ))))
We are all in this together, but some of us are more in it than others (with apologies to George Orwell)