Author Topic: Dead Men Walking?  (Read 19180 times)

Offline Tobes

• Regents
Re: Dead Men Walking?
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2010, 03:16:49 PM »
They are indeed - though most possibly in spite of rather than because of WiFi... interesting to note that on a night of conservative success at a national level, Rods majority was significantly cut... cooincidence?
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'

Offline moley

• Hello !
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2010, 03:48:11 PM »
They are indeed - though most possibly in spite of rather than because of WiFi... interesting to note that on a night of conservative success at a national level, Rods majority was significantly cut... cooincidence?

although a bit loathe to defend the Tories, in this election they actually *lost* council seats to Labour nationally (because the local election cycle is offset from the general election cycle).  also because of the general election, I think turnout for the local elections was much higher than last time.

Would be interesting to work out what the swing in Dorcan was to see if there really were signs of an anti-Rod vote...

Moley

Offline Ringer

« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2010, 05:23:50 PM »

although a bit loathe to defend the Tories, in this election they actually *lost* council seats to Labour nationally (because the local election cycle is offset from the general election cycle).  also because of the general election, I think turnout for the local elections was much higher than last time.

Would be interesting to work out what the swing in Dorcan was to see if there really were signs of an anti-Rod vote...

Moley

Here is Labour's take on it. http://ht.ly/1Iy3Q shows stats
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Bogomil

• Hello !
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2010, 08:08:04 PM »
Here is Labour's take on it. http://ht.ly/1Iy3Q shows stats

Just had a look and they put some interesting steers on the figures and get a few of their facts quite wrong.

Coming from the “Hill” I was interested to read that their candidate was “Pipped at the post” even though they there was a 14.2% swing to the winning candidate.

Labour certainly still up to the spin.