Author Topic: Dead Men Walking?  (Read 16393 times)

Offline Ringer

Re: Dead Men Walking?
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2010, 02:21:09 PM »

I think JT left at the right time!

Left what? Robert Buckland to carry the funding collections can? Who is carrying the wi-fi banner now? I want wi-fi next for Abbeymeads let that be the first line of my manifesto? Now where was that heard? Who said that?
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Jarvis

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2010, 02:43:30 PM »

Todays Swindon advertiser  http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/5074556.Election_war_of_words_on_cash/

Snelgrove says

“I’ll have to take Robert’s word about their funding in the last two years as their accounts aren’t available yet, but the cash they have been throwing at our town is simply outrageous; they’ve spent over £108,000 on glossy leaflets and promotion from 2006 to 2008.”

Looks like the same economic model as the Digatel City internet project, lot's of cash in, not much end product.

Offline Ringer

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2010, 01:55:13 PM »
There is much broadcasting (as in the seed casting term) this weekend of the tory leaflets makes Penhill's Labour leafletting look like a sleep walk in comparison. The tory tribe are stomping around with a fistfull of Dollars leaflets like something from a spagetti western is it High Noon for anyone? Only time will tell?
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2010, 05:05:18 PM »
Re Annie's comment.

I asked her about the ten fold increase in Government spending on glossy leaflets etc.

Once.

Still waiting.

Got a Christmas card though.

They are all the feckin same.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2010, 04:06:32 PM »

So, what's the state of play on our 'Dead Men Walking' ?

I have no idea what Justin Tomlinson or Victor Argawal have been up to.

Robert Buckland says:, (via twitter)  "Lots of canvassing yesterday", although I'm hearing several people saying that Bob seems unable to get more than one or two people out campaigning with him at a time.

What are Labour doing in South Swindon?,  lamplighter Windy Miller tells me that about 47 Labour election campaigners filled half of the Windmill Pub last Saturday when Delivery and canvassing teams used the pub as a base for the day.

Windy tells me he was told they'd delivered 3000 leaflets and canvassed 900 homes.  He tells me that the chap he was talking to was delighted by th e warm responses they'd received on the doorsteps.

I didn't get a visit or a leaflet - I'm beginning to think I'm politically toxic :(

Looking for campaigning tittle-tattle and gossip for this weeks lamplighters, you know what to do  :)  leaks@talkswindon.org

« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 07:13:39 PM by Geoff Reid »

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2010, 10:43:03 AM »

Justin Tomlinson update.  Dead Man Walking in the North?

Tomlinson WiFried Live on www.swindon1055.com

From Swindoncentrics Blog today: http://swindoncentric.blogspot.com/2010/04/justin-tomlinson-talks-wi-fi.html

Quote from: Ian
"Justin you'll be able to clarify a few points for us. What's happening with the wi-fi in Swindon? I mean, you know, it was a give away, it was a freebie, everyone could have three hours free access to 20MB download, it's going to be incredibly fast, it's going to be the best thing since sliced bread, suddenly the most wonderful opportunity has come back and it's smacked us straight in the teeth hasn't it?"

Quote from: Justin
"Err, that's not how I recognise the situation, Swindon Borough Council..."

Quote from: Ian
"Well, we have a situation where we seem to be having had something that was such a great thing and there has been such an argument about it. We don't know where the company installing it comes from."

Justin Tomlinson and Robert Buckland will have a hard time escaping the stench of Roderick Bluh's WiFi.  Justin says he 'Isn't hearing about WiFi on the doors'.....

....but we certainly heard about it on the radio  :)

Definitely worth reading SC's whole blog entry  :)

And where does aQovia come from?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mQ4l52hR8rs&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mQ4l52hR8rs&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2010, 08:32:34 PM »
Justin says he 'Isn't hearing about WiFi on the doors'.....

Knock on mine then cocker.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2010, 09:31:47 PM »
just around the sisters, in Red house, shes had 4 of Smilers (JT)  leaflets in 5 days......

Has he finally realised there's an election on? siss is just waiting for the fox hunters to be out again like last time...

Sister also wants to know if she can have another recycling box as hers is getting full ofhis glossy's , ar ethey recycleable?

some nice claims on the leaflets again, i wonder how many of them can be proved... if siss had a scanner.....

So many claims ... shame most are what would have happened anyway.

I'll give him this he's smiling like he's already got that expense cheque in the bag.

No sign of anyone else, from all accounts UKIP have been round door to door

Gardening tips: Always remember its brown side down, green side up.  If its knocking now it'll only go bang later

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2010, 09:35:42 PM »
No wonder JT is smiling, if he's printed lots of these glossy's for ovee 100 tory groups

He's raking it in, if he wins he's an MP and rolling in it, if he loses, then he's just  rolling in it.....

He can't lose
Gardening tips: Always remember its brown side down, green side up.  If its knocking now it'll only go bang later

Offline Ringer

« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2010, 07:17:31 AM »
just around the sisters, in Red house, shes had 4 of Smilers (JT)  leaflets in 5 days......

Has he finally realised there's an election on? siss is just waiting for the fox hunters to be out again like last time...

Sister also wants to know if she can have another recycling box as hers is getting full ofhis glossy's , ar ethey recycleable?

some nice claims on the leaflets again, i wonder how many of them can be proved... if siss had a scanner.....

So many claims ... shame most are what would have happened anyway.

I'll give him this he's smiling like he's already got that expense cheque in the bag.

No sign of anyone else, from all accounts UKIP have been round door to door

You do not need a scanner, photograph them with a digital camera then upload photos to http://www.thestraightchoice.org/  they are keeping track of the claims made by candidates visti the site as you can post them if no computer and they will do the honours.

I think the ones printed in Guildford by TPF are funded by??? see the straight choice, hat tip to Komadori, who was the first to post this on here somewhere?

Offline Muggins

« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2010, 08:46:29 AM »
Tea boy says: Sister also wants to know if she can have another recycling box as hers is getting full ofhis glossy's , ar ethey recycleable?

Even if they aren't, you can shred them, or tear them into small pieces and put them in her compost bin - quickly - whilst the sun is still out!.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Ringer

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2010, 10:06:52 AM »
Tea boy says: Sister also wants to know if she can have another recycling box as hers is getting full ofhis glossy's , ar ethey recycleable?

Even if they aren't, you can shred them, or tear them into small pieces and put them in her compost bin - quickly - whilst the sun is still out!.

Paper egg boxes are best for that.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2010, 06:25:21 PM »
Yep, know about the egg boxes, none to hand, but loads of leaflets! 
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2010, 08:31:17 PM »

My glossy gets recycled !
It goes through the shredder and then in the bottom of the parrots cage  ;)
I couldn't tell you whose glossy he shits on most as it is shredded, and my baby (Parrot) has his little 'out house' corner !

I recon if I went round asking for peoples glossies, then there would be enough to line the old birds cage for quite some time  ;D
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2010, 08:14:35 AM »
Come on Chav, you must know what leaflets they 'do' on most, by the predominant colour left in the bottom of the cage.   

Are shredded leaflets any good for hamster and guinea pig bedding?  I suppose if I shredded it twice it would be fine enough for wild bird nesting material.

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2010, 10:21:29 AM »
They are good for bedding down cattle. They love the smell of bull shit.
Bobby

Offline Muggins

« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2010, 02:00:13 PM »
Best suggestion yet Bobby!   :clap:

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2010, 09:53:00 PM »
Have to say i was amazed to get a leaflet from the Labour Party 'extolling the virtues' (I know that's an oxymoron) or is it just a fib? in which there is a picture of Michael Wills and a message from Michael Wills - in fact you would be forgiven for thinking think that it was from Michael Wills asking you to vote for Michael Wills - you get my drift.

No picture of Victor (who may only be that in name) and no message form him if you don't count the dozy nonsense on the back which is produced by Labour Central Office (but not authorised by Gordon - if yuo beleiev his protestations last night)

Why is Labour not issuing a photograph of Victor?

Offline Ringer

« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2010, 09:16:39 AM »
Have to say i was amazed to get a leaflet from the Labour Party 'extolling the virtues' (I know that's an oxymoron) or is it just a fib? in which there is a picture of Michael Wills and a message from Michael Wills - in fact you would be forgiven for thinking think that it was from Michael Wills asking you to vote for Michael Wills - you get my drift.

No picture of Victor (who may only be that in name) and no message form him if you don't count the dozy nonsense on the back which is produced by Labour Central Office (but not authorised by Gordon - if yuo beleiev his protestations last night)

Why is Labour not issuing a photograph of Victor?

Actually Des there are lots of leaflets with his photo on. I know the one you are referring to A5 sized and it is an endorsement by Michael for Victor. Its possibly not the best way to do it as a photo of Michale with his hand on Victors Shoulder would have been ideal a bit like the photo of JT with his hand on Robert's shoulder. Giving him backing. :popcorn:

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2010, 08:55:29 AM »
Yes I have over the last six months  become fairly disillusioned with the conservative Council they seem to promise a lot and have a vision but they have failed with the exception of the library failed to deliver! The New Swindon Company/Swindon College comes to mind seemed to make a bad situation worse!

I think JT left at the right time!

Are they still walking?  :popcorn:
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana: