Author Topic: Pidgeons - or should I say flying rats?  (Read 1746 times)

Offline Alligator

• Twitter - @Alliflowchart
Pidgeons - or should I say flying rats?
« on: June 01, 2006, 09:28:40 PM »
Well what can I say about these little cuties?

They roam around the town centre harrassing anyone with food, crap on you at the first opportunity and fly at your head when you're trying to do your shopping!

If that wasn't bad enough they can breed up to six times a year, producing up to 12 more of them which will then start to spread their disease riddled wings, shit everywhere and fly at your head.

They carry a range of diseases including salmonellosis, tuberculosis and ornithosis and can pass bacteria to food consumed to humans and this is on top of the fact that their droppings, nests and bodies carry mites and insects!

So I'm sure you can imagne my disgust a few years ago when I made the mistake of walking under the covered area outside Argos to find that about three of the little shits decided to empty thier bowels all over me.  Boy does their shit stink AND it stains your clothes!

When you take all this into account, I have to ask why the hell I frequently see people feeding the little vermin.  I have been tempted, on a number of occassions, to go and ask those 'animal lovers' if they ever climb into the sewers and feed the rats down there as well.

I've been told that soaking bread in bicarbonate of soda and then feeding it to them will cause them to explode, I don't know if this is a myth and wouldn't try it as it would be a waste of bread and bicarb.

I think there should be a law passed against feeding them, let the little darlings fend for themselves and find somewhere else to live.   :censored:

Offline ZPW

• Bob Wright better do a stellar job
Re: Pidgeons - or should I say flying rats?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 10:52:28 PM »
most of the pigeons are fed from left over mcdonalds.
this may explain their aggressive mob behaviour.

if fast food was made illegal it would serve two purposes.
rid us of the manky shite carriers and their pet pigeons. allegedly.

Offline Tel Hudson

Re: Pigeons - or should I say flying rats?
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 07:07:50 PM »
When I lived in the country they used to wreck the vegetable patch so I made a gibbet and stuck a dead bird on it to discourage the others.

I was amazed at the number of people who said it was cruel.  They even said it was cruel when I explained that the bird was dead when I hung it up there.  I suppose these are the people who feed pigeons and then complain if there is guano all over their lettuce.
I am right 96% of the time. I don't give an aerial intercourse about the other 5%..

Offline ZPW

Re: Pidgeons - or should I say flying rats?
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 09:49:53 PM »
most of the pigeons are fed from left over mcdonalds.
this may explain their aggressive mob behaviour.

if fast food was made illegal it would serve two purposes.
rid us of the manky shite carriers and their pet pigeons. allegedly.

Looks like the son of the woman that Helen Mirren dedicated her Oscar to is opposed to McDos also..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6401223.stm

Royal rebuke over McDonald's food
Prince Charles
Prince Charles trying a local dish during his tour
The Prince of Wales has appeared to criticise fast food chain McDonald's at the launch of a public health campaign in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

During a tour of a diabetes centre in Abu Dhabi, he told a nutritionist that banning the restaurants was "key".

The UAE has the second highest prevalence of diabetes in the world.

Prince Charles asked nutritionist Nadine Tayara: "Have you got anywhere with McDonald's, have you tried getting it banned? That's the key.

Lovely - mad as a hedgehog but lovely

Offline ZPW

Re: Pigeons - or should I say flying rats?
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 09:52:29 PM »
When I lived in the country they used to wreck the vegetable patch so I made a gibbet and stuck a dead bird on it to discourage the others.

I was amazed at the number of people who said it was cruel.  They even said it was cruel when I explained that the bird was dead when I hung it up there.  I suppose these are the people who feed pigeons and then complain if there is guano all over their lettuce.

i wonder if this tactic would work for cats?