Author Topic: Tories jump on the Jedward bandwagon  (Read 3568 times)

Offline Alligator

• Twitter - @Alliflowchart
Tories jump on the Jedward bandwagon
« on: November 23, 2009, 09:36:05 AM »
   ;D

[attachment older than 180 days backed up and auto deleted by admin]

Offline Steve Wakefield

Re: Tories jump on the Jedward bandwagon
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 02:40:31 PM »
Alig

The Tory Blogosphere has not taken to kindly to this:

"The immediate reaction in the Tory blogosphere has not been favourable. Several earnest Party activists have protested on Conservative Home that it is ‘childish.’ One Tory blogger Cranmer offered this double edged tribute: ‘Cranmer cannot recall the last time the Conservative Party had its act together so swiftly, with such deftness, panache, creativity, flair and intuition for the trivial obsessions and the shallow mood of the nation...’
I thought the Deadwood pun was too obvious for the poster to be exactly a work of comic genius. The whole concept was derivative anyway. The Labour Party produced one showing David Cameron and George Osborne with the twins’ hairstyle and the message: ‘You won't be laughing if they win.’ That version itself followed an earlier one in Private Eye featuring Brown and Darling.
Those hoping for a sensible, sober election campaign should look away for the next six months"

There is this from the times:
http://timesonline.typepad.com/comment/2009/11/i-was-deeply-unimpressed-by-the-conservative-poster-advert-that-went-up-yesterday-after-the-x-factor--here-it-is--xxxxxxxxx.html

My view is that negative campaigning does not work, regardless of party! :popcorn:
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Alligator

• Twitter - @Alliflowchart
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 03:21:03 PM »
I agree that it's childish and doesn't really present any sort of message about anything, other than to make the PM and chancellor look silly.

It's akin to the Labour campaign just after Cameron became leader where they portayed him as a lizard in the public school boys hat.  So I guess what goes around comes around.

It did make me chuckle though, if only because they look so silly.

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 05:40:10 PM »
I agree that it's childish and doesn't really present any sort of message about anything, other than to make the PM and chancellor look silly.

It's akin to the Labour campaign just after Cameron became leader where they portayed him as a lizard in the public school boys hat.  So I guess what goes around comes around.

It did make me chuckle though, if only because they look so silly.

Bring on the photoshop  ;D 
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 06:26:58 PM »
Chav

Photoshop I cannot wait.................. ::)
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 07:21:34 PM »
Hmmm
I will see what I can find in the Burberry covered album innit  :)

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 07:28:53 PM »
Chav

Photoshop I cannot wait.................. ::)

Are you volunteering yourself   ;D

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 07:39:46 PM »
I think you will find that Gordnon leapt on the bandwagon first, thus propelling Jedward into the growing throng of unhappy herberts who have been touched by the hand of The Accursed Son of the Manse.

GORDON Brown again announced how much he loves The X Factor today - but then embarrassingly got Danyl Johnson's name wrong.

The Prime Minister was discussing the ITV1 hit during an interview on This Morning when he referred to the teacher as "Daryl".

Speaking to hosts Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield, he said his young sons loved watching the 27-year-old and also said he thought Stacey Solomon was very good.

Mr Brown backtracked on his opinion over controversial twins Jedward, saying their talents may not lie in singing but they "will do well".

Even the elements do his bidding:

Gordon’s visited Kent last Thursday. It didn’t take long for the effects of this visit to be felt though, by Saturday the storms were raging across Kent:

“Dover port was closed just after midday on Saturday due to the high winds but reopened at 1630 GMT. Kevin Richardson from the Port of Dover Authority said there were ongoing delays to ferry crossings. The Dartford river crossing, Sheppey crossing and Medway bridge were closed by Kent Police on Saturday afternoon.”

I mean, the factual evidence is stacking up:

Mobile phone firm Ericsson opened a shiny new building in Coventry earlier this year. They invited Gordon Brown to pay a visit, which he did. Inevitably the curse of Brown has hit the newly opened plant quite hard.  Months later 700 new jobs are to go at the hi-tech plant.  When will business people learn?  The hand of Gordon will curse your business, it will cost you jobs.  If Downing Street calls, run from any offer of a visit.

In recent months he has cursed a local Fife firm, a metals plant, a high-tech healthcare research facility, an academy, Manchester United, Sellafield, boxer Ricky Hatton, the U.S. dollar (two years in a row), Southampton docks, Liverpool radio DJ Phil Easton (fatally), Honda and Velux Windows, Tottenham Hotspur team captain Ledley King, Media Wales, Nissan and KPMG was struck by arson following his visit.  This is all just this year.

We should never forget who opened Lehman’s London HQ – dooming them by lauding their greatness and telling the now collapsed investment bank “I would like to pay tribute to the contribution you and your company make to the prosperity of Britain.  During its one hundred and fifty year history, Lehman Brothers has always been an innovator, financing new ideas and inventions before many others even began to realise their potential.“ A century and a half of financial success f****d and cursed globally by Gordon.

His presence is booed by crowds at sporting events with good reason:

When England were knocked out of the 2006 World Cup against Portugal – Jonah was there. When they lost 2-1 at Wembley against Germany – Jonah was there. When Scotland lost to Italy- Jonah was there. When England lost the rugby World Cup final – Jonah was there.

Nationally youth unemployment, which Brown says is his priority, is tragically going to reach one million. The accursed hand of the one-eyed son of the manse has doomed our children, when will we be freed from this jinxed Jonah?

Obviously a witch, I reckon we should invite him down the pond for a bit of ducking.

Just to check.

Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 08:01:10 PM »
http://www.faceinhole.com/show.asp?id=cb96d7d9b17133513167

neck exercises  ;D
(sorry Mr W, but you've been Chaved  :angel:

Come on you lot, have a bit of fun !
www.faceinhole.com    lol

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 08:26:44 PM »
Chav

Brought a smile to my face....... ::)