Author Topic: On swindonlink.com Now  (Read 63629 times)

Offline Muggins

Re: On swindonlink.com Now
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2010, 11:32:04 AM »
Had a phone call from Radio 5 live yesterday asking of I knew of a contact for a group of youngsters that he could meet.   I was so busy it passed me by it was actually George Brown they were talking about.  I took it he would be over this neck of the woods,  perhpas he's there because the can get the youth there.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline swindonlinkman

• The best read publication in town
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2010, 01:26:49 PM »
George Brown died about 25 years ago; sometimes I wonder about the palour of Gordon B.

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2010, 01:56:45 PM »
George Brown had a wonderful palor.
Ruby red cheeks and a crimson nose.
Him and Churchill were a good pair.
Often p****d as newts!
Bobby

Offline Muggins

« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2010, 02:45:19 PM »
Sorry folks, when I get a name wrong I get it wrong for life!  Gordon, that was Gordon, Gordon, Gordon, Gordon, Gordon.

Anyone who has worked closely with me can testify that it was not just a senior moment. 

I'm also sorry I didn't come straight here and post it up.

Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2010, 04:51:09 PM »
George Brown had a wonderful palor.
Ruby red cheeks and a crimson nose.
Him and Churchill were a good pair.
Often p****d as newts!

reminds me of an incident in 1966 when George Brown was guest speaker at the Plastics Federation annual dinner which my father attended.  They filled him up with whisky and when he got up to do his speach he opened by saying 'you lot have got me p*****.'  nevertheless I believe he like his audience enjoyed the evening!
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2010, 04:36:08 PM »
Sahara marathon runner returns fit and well and raises £2,000 each for Swindon MS centre and Swindon Down's Syndrome Group

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2010, 07:05:19 PM »
Sahara marathon runner returns fit and well and raises £2,000 each for Swindon MS centre and Swindon Down's Syndrome Group

Thats fantastic news !  :)
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2010, 09:40:52 PM »
Whatever your fitness, join Mike Buss in Lydiard Park for a Run 4 Heroes on 6 June and help him raise £20k on the day.

Also, got some heirlooms to sell? Fiona Bruce and the Antiques Roadshow crew are recording at Steam tomorrow

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2010, 10:06:57 PM »
Chief of the Disasters Emergency Committee collects cheque for £5,000 raised at a Haiti fundraiser at the end of February.

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2010, 10:10:37 PM »
Swindon has dozens of public sculptures dotted around the town, commissioned by Thamesdown Borough Council in the late 1980s and early 1990s and paid for by grants or developer contributions under the Percent for Art public art scheme. Unusual, perhaps unique, but largely ignored.

Story and images to appear on Saturday. Question is, should more effort be put into looking after them and better explained?

Offline Ringer

« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2010, 07:23:46 AM »
Swindon has dozens of public sculptures dotted around the town, commissioned by Thamesdown Borough Council in the late 1980s and early 1990s and paid for by grants or developer contributions under the Percent for Art public art scheme. Unusual, perhaps unique, but largely ignored.

Story and images to appear on Saturday. Question is, should more effort be put into looking after them and better explained?

Who will pay?
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Muggins

« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2010, 08:39:58 AM »
Volunteer effort?

Whatever happened to that Percent for Art and Percent for Nature too?

Used to be able to afford things like this before money was wasted on Canal spurs and wifi schemes??

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2010, 09:14:24 AM »
The money was redirected to the Town Centre management quangos.
Someone told me last night that Statton Parish Council and Covingham Parish Council are still waiting for their share of the 106 money from the development of Oaktree Park, the old St. Josephs School site.
No wonder Phyl Young is resigning. He could not face the electorate.
Bobby

Offline Ringer

« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2010, 09:54:49 AM »
The money was redirected to the Town Centre management quangos.
Someone told me last night that Statton Parish Council and Covingham Parish Council are still waiting for their share of the 106 money from the development of Oaktree Park, the old St. Josephs School site.

What a shocking thing to say is it in North Swindon? Justin Tomlinson can cover answer for him if it is?:o I am sure if someone asks him on Monday Night at the Wyvern he will have an answer?
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2010, 06:15:58 PM »
Serious accident at Moredon Bridge outside controversial new housing development site. See www.swindonlink.com

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2010, 06:19:34 PM »
check out the big caption site http://thebigcaption.com

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2010, 11:38:19 AM »
Discover your future with Mystic Ruth over a curry at Swindon's Bombay Lounge restaurant tonight. Call 07887 717597 to book or mail pavinda@bombaylounge.co.uk

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2010, 02:11:19 PM »
Amazing pics of a military nature at http://ht.ly/1FJpJ

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2010, 06:10:13 PM »
Swindon bid to break bunting record

Offline swindonlinkman