Author Topic: On swindonlink.com Now  (Read 67592 times)

Offline Richard Symonds

Re: On swindonlink.com Now
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2010, 10:53:25 AM »
David Glaholm spoke very well last night and is leaving on a high note.

As for Garry's suitability there was quite a discussion and the floor suggested that despite the difficulties as to whether Hitesh Patel was or wasn't it was suggested that he would be a better choice.

Leader Rod Bluh said that Garry was his choice and he would be ably assisted and advised by HP.  The only trouble was that HP would not necessarily be present at important meetings and thereby advice would be at a distance.   I hope my memory is correct on this but no doubt others will correct me if I am wrong!
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Ringer

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2010, 11:08:26 AM »
David Glaholm spoke very well last night and is leaving on a high note.

As for Garry's suitability there was quite a discussion and the floor suggested that despite the difficulties as to whether Hitesh Patel was or wasn't it was suggested that he would be a better choice.

Leader Rod Bluh said that Garry was his choice and he would be ably assisted and advised by HP.  The only trouble was that HP would not necessarily be present at important meetings and thereby advice would be at a distance.   I hope my memory is correct on this but no doubt others will correct me if I am wrong!

Are you saying that Garry is the best person for this because he knows less that the director of business transformation? It is almost as if the council wants someone on the board who knows less than the DBT?
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline komadori

• komadori's green corner
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2010, 11:51:50 AM »
At a previous meeting, the reason given for choosing Mr Perkins was his "business experience". But for the moment he's not a director. Despite Mr Patel's directorship being terminated promptly, Mr Perkins' directorship has yet to be registered, as has Mr Arif's (the aQovia representative). The only director of Digital City (UK) Ltd at the moment is Mr Hunt.
If something's worth doing it's worth doing in green. komadori's green c

Offline Ringer

« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2010, 11:59:08 AM »
Reading this for some I believe will be more entertaining  than an episode of Only Fools and Horses  :2funny:
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2010, 12:08:25 PM »
Without doubt Garry is a successul business man but for the life of me I cannot understand why Hitesh Patel cannot also be a legitimate Director as well with all his background experience and knowledge of this project.  Incidentally he did look extremely relaxed and confident last night.

Interesting that it was revealed that there are now investors that will exceed the £450,000 loan and if so why is Rikki Hunt still the only registered Director.  Can't Directorships be logged electronically and as we are in the age of Wi-fi can't a simple task like this be achieved without a fuss?  Bodes well for the future wellbeing of this company and our money.
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline swindonlinkman

• The best read publication in town
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2010, 02:37:13 PM »
Thanks for carrying on conversation in this space. I wonder if these posts could be moved to where the Wi-Fi debate is taking place.

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2010, 02:37:23 PM »
Easter egg hunts in Swindon. Find them at www.swindonlink.com

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2010, 02:37:58 PM »
Swindon's Beatbullyz set up on label. Oasis gig in April at sell out. Read them on site now.

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2010, 02:39:15 PM »
Kevin McCloud's HAB Housing project gets £2.5 Homes and Communities Agency funding for sustainable homes off Northern Road. See site for story.

Offline komadori

• komadori's green corner
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2010, 02:43:16 PM »
Thanks for carrying on conversation in this space. I wonder if these posts could be moved to where the Wi-Fi debate is taking place.
The conversation might bring some more readers to what's otherwise mainly one long advert.
If something's worth doing it's worth doing in green. komadori's green c

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2010, 03:24:13 PM »
Let's call it a hotlink to lots of interesting stuff.

And hey, folks, join the Swindon Link Magazine & swindonlink.com appreciation group Facebook and follow us on Twitter @swindonlink

Nevertheless, my comment was concern that important points on wi-fi maybe lost if appearing in another thread.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2010, 03:27:40 PM »
The conversation might bring some more readers to what's otherwise mainly one long advert.

On the other hand, some might actually want to go to wifi free zones for a while!
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Ringer

« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2010, 03:38:57 PM »
One day when as Cllr Montaut said this Wi-fiasco is over normality will return to talkswindon erm.. that is after the canal, Big weekend, Tabernacle stones, SCS and Forward Swindon have also been sorted out.

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2010, 04:48:52 PM »
TB - any of reducing the Tory party advertising to a quarter of the size posted?

didn't mean to make it so large honest, it just happened when i inserted the link, perhaps an admin can sort it as it appeared smaller in Geoff Reid's earlier post.....
Gardening tips: Always remember its brown side down, green side up.  If its knocking now it'll only go bang later

Offline Ringer

« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2010, 04:52:11 PM »
TB

Its not the size that matters its what you do with it that matters :emb:

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2010, 04:57:46 PM »
TB

Its not the size that matters its what you do with it that matters :emb:

honestly officer, i wa only cleaning and it went off :o

was talking to the boss today about installing some tree posts....

His secretary walked into his office just as i was explaining ttat .....' once it's six inches in , i can take my hands off and ram it the rest of the way in'....

God can that girl blush :2funny: :2funny:
Gardening tips: Always remember its brown side down, green side up.  If its knocking now it'll only go bang later

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2010, 05:15:10 PM »
Enter here your requests for TS admin to alter the images on said poster before its reposted at smaller size

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2010, 05:24:10 PM »
Enter here your requests for TS admin to alter the images on said poster before its reposted at smaller size

Sorry couldn't quite understand that last post.. alter the images? do you wish the admins to 'edit' out evidence of Mr Buckland's imaginary undertakings and then resive the poster??.

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2010, 06:33:06 PM »
The mind boggles at why knickers may cause distractions. Anyway, also new on swindonlink.com registrations for this year's swimathon are being taken and also the opening of The Platform Youth Centre. Did anybody attend the opening of the official launch on Thursday 27 March? If so, please send me a personal message.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2010, 06:40:20 PM »
Sorry have removed my post, don't want to spoil your sensible thread Roger! 
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)