Author Topic: On swindonlink.com Now  (Read 71115 times)

Offline swindonlinkman

• The best read publication in town
Re: On swindonlink.com Now
« Reply #220 on: October 15, 2010, 05:33:51 PM »
Halloween party on Saturday 30 October for Breakthrough Breast Cancer - details at www.swindonlink.com

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #221 on: October 16, 2010, 10:33:31 AM »
North Swindon crime; it was the squirrels that done it. Read what the furry bad guys have been up to at www.swindonlink.com

Offline Muggins

« Reply #222 on: October 16, 2010, 10:36:49 AM »
Just been talking to No 1 daughter who lives there and she had noticed her Virgin wire had the same teeth marks - of course they will be saying it's Penhill squirrels!

That's what comes of living next to a Nature Reserve.

ps. The answer is Paprika.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #223 on: October 16, 2010, 10:40:07 AM »
I avoided any Penhill reference. Would you like to send a comment to add to the story?

Offline Muggins

« Reply #224 on: October 16, 2010, 12:30:03 PM »
Yes I will for the fun of it! 
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #225 on: October 16, 2010, 12:33:42 PM »
Send it over and I'll get it on the story as soon as it arrives.

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #226 on: October 16, 2010, 01:39:41 PM »
Bushy tailed troublemakers don't come from our area says chair of Penhill community forum. Read the story at www.swindonlink.com

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #227 on: October 26, 2010, 11:57:17 AM »
Great Western Hospital holds public meeting on 28 October. Swindon people encouraged to take part in GWH board meeting after hospital board decides to open up. Details at www.swindonlink.com

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #228 on: October 26, 2010, 05:49:20 PM »
See first pictures from Inside John Lewis at home #swindon at www.swindonlink.com in advance of Thursday opening

Offline Drone

« Reply #229 on: October 26, 2010, 06:17:03 PM »
I'm officially middle-class because I'm so excited we've got a John Lewis with a cafe!
derp derp herp herp derp

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #230 on: October 27, 2010, 03:31:37 PM »
Swindon MP calls for house builders to pay up first. North Swindon MP Justin Tomlinson today put forward a 10 minute rule bill in Parliament which would see developers depositing money before they build new homes. Details at www.swindonlink.com

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #231 on: October 27, 2010, 05:31:55 PM »
Swindon MP calls for house builders to pay up first. North Swindon MP Justin Tomlinson today put forward a 10 minute rule bill in Parliament which would see developers depositing money before they build new homes. Details at www.swindonlink.com

Swindon MP calls for house builders to pay up first
27th October 2010 by Roger Ogle
North Swindon MP Justin Tomlinson is campaigning for a new law which expects developers to deposit money in a council fund before they build new homes.

In presenting his Developer Bond bill under the ten minute rule bill in the House of Commons on 27 October, Justin spoke of the problems of getting house builders to complete their developments after people have moved in. He told other MPs of his personal experience of Swindon Council trying to get builders to finish off work.

Before the debate he told swindonlink.com "as a councillor in North Swindon for ten years the largest aspect of my caseload was following up residents' complaints about the areas they lived in.

"Most developers see the need to get the roads and the landscaping finished, to clear up the mess and make the area ready for adoption by the local authority. However other developers for some reason do little to complete the work and seem happy to wait years before their area is finished to an acceptable standard.

"In the meantime residents are frustrated by overgrown verges and manhole covers proud of the tarmac and complain to local councillors who are in turn frustrated that the local authority does not have the power to enforce completion works on pain of financial penalty. Some areas like Ash Brake have been blighted over about 15 years which is totally unacceptable. It's a discrepancy that needs to be rectified.

"The developer bond will become part of the planning system whereby a house builder deposits money in a fund which they will get back if the house development is completed within an acceptable time frame. If street-scene works are required and the builder does not undertake them, the local authority will then have power to do the work against the money on deposit. This will incentivise developers to make the effort to deliver on the promises described in their sales brochures to the people who buy their houses."

In describing his bill, Justin name-checked the Redhouse Residents' Association for identifying parts of North Swindon in need of completion and their work to chase the local authority and developers, and also the practical action they undertake to clear up litter and graffiti.

The first reading of the bill was agreed and Friday 17 June 2011 was set for a second reading.
justin tomlinson mp, developer bond, house of commons, redhouse residents association, ashbrake
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #232 on: October 29, 2010, 10:22:18 AM »

Link to speech on site and also video clip

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #233 on: November 03, 2010, 05:28:03 PM »
Tadpole Lane 2000 home development is not a 'fait accompli' says resident Stephanie Exell. People can say no to Crest Nicholson development. Read full story with links to previous articles at www.swindonlink.com

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #234 on: November 10, 2010, 06:34:55 PM »
Hook Street developer appeals against planning rejection. Government planning policy to be tested in West Swindon.

Also, pictures taken in bright sunshine at Wootton Bassett Garden of Remembrance in Lydiard Park which is in SWINDON, which all media seemed to ignore yesterday

And details of Swindon history festival at Steam Museum this weekend

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #235 on: November 11, 2010, 09:53:21 AM »
Swindon's Calyx TV release video of Prince Harry visit to Swindon on Tuesday. See it via www.swindonlink.com

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #236 on: November 11, 2010, 05:02:11 PM »
Court decision could destroy town's green belt. Dash for grass by builders as new government's move declared out of order. See www.swindonlink.com

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #237 on: November 12, 2010, 03:52:46 PM »
Four West Swindon primary schools targetted by lead thieves. Police call for witnesses.

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #238 on: November 15, 2010, 02:13:10 PM »
Toothill councillor Steve Wakefield switches to Swindon's Labour party. See mainstream dead trees coverage online with pictures at www.swindonlink.com

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #239 on: November 16, 2010, 01:26:22 PM »
Elizabeth Hurley boosts need for Swindon respite centre for children with disabilities.