Author Topic: On swindonlink.com Now  (Read 64168 times)

Offline Richard Shaw

• Hello !
Re: On swindonlink.com Now
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2010, 03:36:14 PM »
More snow pics at www.swindonlink.com including this one:

hahaha this is great !

For whom Chav?  It just makes our existing properties worth less because of the availability of new housing.  And where are we going to put all the additional cars?  Rack em n stack em

Offline swindonlinkman

• The best read publication in town
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2010, 05:56:03 PM »
• Haiti appeal fundraiser at DeVere Hotel
• Tregoze School links with Europe
• Organic farmer joins National Trust advisory group
• Expecting? There's a pregnancy nourishment day in February
• World beating software made in Swindon up for education award

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2010, 02:15:44 PM »
New images posted with info about Haiti fundraising event on 27 February. Poster below.

[oversized attachment >100k deleted by admin]

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2010, 04:57:38 PM »
See pics of MS Centre opening on www.swindonlink.com now

Offline Critique

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2010, 06:39:58 PM »
I note there is a follow up meeting to do with Wiltshire wanting to build 3000 homes next to Swindon on 27 February. Hopefully people will be fired up to attend. Need help to get them there.

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2010, 10:09:47 AM »
The future of Swindon's New Mechanics' Institute. Read what Martha Parry of the Mx trust has to say.

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2010, 01:42:23 PM »
Links to Haiti earthquake stories by Swindon born journalist Alex Ogle at www.swindonlink.com

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2010, 09:28:30 AM »
Latest dispatches from our man in Haiti at www.swindonlink.com

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2010, 02:18:29 PM »
Report from burning down of historic market building in Port au Prince at www.swindonlink.com

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2010, 09:50:14 PM »
Report from Haiti's ruined national football stadium now turned into a tent city.

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2010, 03:31:44 PM »
Not been here much, concentrating on getting new look www.swindonlink.com sorted out. Comments welcome.

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2010, 05:35:26 PM »
New wheelchair friendly equipment installed at Lydiard Park with our friendly Tig. See story on www.swindonlink.com

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2010, 05:37:01 PM »
Grange Park 210 homes could open door for 2,000 houses to bring Lydiard Park into the town. Speculative planning application a Trojan Horse for much bigger scheme.

See also the linked story about houses at Ridgway Farm and Pry Farm north of West Swindon

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2010, 07:06:26 PM »
New wheelchair friendly equipment installed at Lydiard Park with our friendly Tig. See story on www.swindonlink.com

Great photo  ;)
The kids who have disabilities will now have somewhere to go with their brothers and sisters where they can play together as brothers, sisters and friends should.

Fantastic tig , well done  ;)
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2010, 09:52:21 PM »

Great photo  ;)
The kids who have disabilities will now have somewhere to go with their brothers and sisters where they can play together as brothers, sisters and friends should.

Fantastic tig , well done  ;)

Yes well done indeed :clap: :clap:, just shame Mr Buckland , the wannabe MP didn't think to credit you before he associated himeslf with its delivery by the conservatives.  :bottom:

Gardening tips: Always remember its brown side down, green side up.  If its knocking now it'll only go bang later

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2010, 10:19:55 PM »
Vulnerable children !

Good Lord !!
These are children who have physical impairments, of which excludes them from a lot of activities because they are simply not accessible !

It has taken Tig a good few years of determination and persistence to get the council to acknowledge that their play parks were not accessible. Tig has spent hours designing questionnaires that we put out to carers and parents, and I spent many times at Lydiard /Asda/Tesco's etc with my clip board getting a petition together.
The children's faces say it all in the picture - they deserve to be able to be children and play in the park as children do, regardless of ability - at the end of the day they are children/young people who have the same feelings, emotions, likes, dislikes as any other child  ;)
I love these kids , as what you see is what you get and to see them having fun, makes me smile  :)

The borough have actually cottoned on to the Idea and more accessible play area's are being introduced.
I know that the Richard Jeffries site is going to be made inclusive and I think its fantastic the parents and carers from the  Parent/carer advisory group have been involved and had some input .

Maybe there is a member on TS who has been involved in the Richard Jeffries project who might like to comment on the progress and give us an update  ;)

Chav :angel:
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2010, 08:54:59 AM »
TB - any of reducing the Tory party advertising to a quarter of the size posted?

Offline Muggins

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2010, 08:59:06 AM »
Richard Jefferies Park, I heard a few weeks ago it was in the process of being closed down and riped out, is that temporary I wonder?  I'm afraid I didn't follow that plot.

At the time I thought it was bad news, not just for the kids there, but it didn't bode too well for our plans for the TWIST (adventure playground part of our @penhill park plan.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2010, 10:02:38 AM »
TB - any of reducing the Tory party advertising to a quarter of the size posted?

I think we can see enough of it thank you!
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Piston Broke

« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2010, 10:13:18 AM »
Siomeone said that Cllr Glaholm does not rate Garry's performance over the academy will he be any better on the Wi-fi or SCS?