Author Topic: On swindonlink.com Now  (Read 67568 times)

Offline swindonlinkman

• The best read publication in town
Re: On swindonlink.com Now
« Reply #120 on: May 21, 2010, 06:07:17 PM »
ok, will get it organised next week, when I hope Peter Greenhalgh will have responded to the earlier queries.

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #121 on: May 21, 2010, 06:19:45 PM »
Demob happy here, just sent another stonking magazine to the press and also supplied a number of the stories to Frequency magazine. Glutton for punishment I've just sent this newsletter to the 600 or so registered users of the site. Hope you don't mind me posting it here:

here are really good things happening at www.swindonlink.com and if you've not been by recently, please have a look.

Thanks to our friends at www.rubberdragon.com the site is where we want it to be (for the time being) - lots more content, features and potential for you to get involved.

Have a look at the top stories on site now:

• The new mayor of Swindon

• 800 homes proposed for West Swindon - we've been given less than a week's notice of the plans, so the site is the main way of getting information about the meeting next Wednesday. If you live in the area, please pass this on

• The new water feature in the town centre - with some great images

• Plans for a new Aldi supermarket in North Swindon
++

Are you involved with a charity or community group in Swindon? Check whether they're listed in the site's community links section. If they are, are the details correct?

Does your group have anything coming up? Add it to the what's on listing.

Whilst talking about what's on, there are quite a lot of events taking place tomorrow, Saturday 22 May, such as a Pac-Man celebration, an electric bike festival, and a celebration of bio-diversity. Details on site.
++

Are you willing to raise money Run For Heroes on 6 June? Run or walk around Lydiard Park. See details on site.
++

Do you have any good images of Swindon? I'm looking for photographers interested in sending 8 to 12 pictures to appear in the gallery section.

Are you going to see Swindon Town at Wembley next Saturday? I'm looking for images of the experience.
++

Got to sell stuff? Why don't you use the Classfieds Ads section on site?
++

In business? We're offering really low prices for banner adverts on the site. And if you link us to your site we'll give you a free banner for a month.

Why not consider advertising in the magazine? See the About Us section on the site.
++

Are you on Facebook? Join the Swindon Link Magazine & swindonlink.com group and get more regular updates.

What about Twitter? We're at:  /swindonlink
++

Hope you like the site. The weather this weekend in Swindon is predicted to be blistering. Have a good one.

Any questions or points of view, do mail Roger Ogle at: publisher@swindonlink.com

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #122 on: May 24, 2010, 04:47:31 PM »
Wednesday 26 May at Roughmoor Social Hall, Swinley Drive, Peatmoor. Taylor Wimpey want to build 800 more homes at Ridgeway Farm. Really important that as many people get there as possible. See drawings at www.swindonlink.com

See how the issue has developed over the last three years at http://www.swindonlink.com/news/wiltshire-plan-3000-homes-for-swindons-western-border

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #123 on: May 24, 2010, 05:42:12 PM »
Can you please put up the flood plain drawings for Ridgeway Farm please Roger?  People need to see them so that they can ask appropriate questions of the developer in the context of the RF and also the knock on effects elsewhere.

It raises the questions will the works we are suffering in Westlea Drive be adequate.  Will Barnfield cope with another 1,000 homes?
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #124 on: May 24, 2010, 06:06:07 PM »
Have found one and added it to the story; not the best image. And given that Ridgeway Farm is on a hill not a major problem. However it could well be for people living upstream in Pembroke Park, Westlea and Wichelstowe

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #125 on: May 25, 2010, 12:21:00 AM »
Did we cover Westlea with the leaflets?

It looks as though my sister was smart to sell her home in Moresby Close in 1993!
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #126 on: May 25, 2010, 08:39:35 AM »
1800 leaflets were got out in three days, pretty good considering that volunteers had to be recruited from a standing start. Keith did the business by getting them to distributors but he'll have to say where they went. I mailed information to contacts in Moresby and asked for it to be circulated.

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #127 on: May 27, 2010, 09:55:00 PM »
14 new images of Swindon's new water feature at www.swindonlink.com Takes a great picture even if you think its a waste of money

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #128 on: May 28, 2010, 06:24:05 PM »
Kevin McCloud launches first eco-housing project in Swindon. Also, you won't be able to see world cup games on the Big Screen Swindon, but you can watch an opera about sex and murder. See stories at www.swindonlink.com

Offline Guessingstick

• Hello !
« Reply #129 on: May 28, 2010, 08:23:21 PM »
Having read the story and studied the VIP pictures, there seems to be a missing ingredient, suggestions on what that might be please.

Offline Chris Watts

• Hello !
« Reply #130 on: May 28, 2010, 08:48:54 PM »
Having read the story and studied the VIP pictures, there seems to be a missing ingredient, suggestions on what that might be please.

No Councillor, what is going on? Surely the local Councillor for the area would have been...

Wait a minute, penny dropping, light bulb above head moment.

Northern Road.

Not a conservative Councillor. Therefore no invite perhaps?

Am i right? do i win? ::)

Small Print: Member of the Labour Party. GMB Accompanying Rep. IT consultant on sabatical.  Postings may contain political bias. If you have an adverse reaction please desist from reading. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Offline Guessingstick

• Hello !
« Reply #131 on: May 28, 2010, 10:43:27 PM »
Sorry, Northern Road, an older established community?
I doupt messers Moffat Grant or Small would be interested in paying homage to McCloud

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #132 on: June 01, 2010, 01:59:30 PM »
Swindon Town at Wembley. Emma Clay describes experiences of the day that started with such high expectations and ended in sadness. Also, win a copy of One Night in Turin, the story of England's near success twenty years ago.

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #133 on: June 02, 2010, 09:55:23 AM »
Armed forces day on 25 June in the town centre. See details on site

[oversized attachment >100k deleted by admin]

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #134 on: June 02, 2010, 04:06:31 PM »
Walk, shuffle, run. Take part in the Run for Heroes this Sunday at Lydiard Park. See details at www.swindonlink.com

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #135 on: June 02, 2010, 06:15:37 PM »
Mills and Boon tie up with National Trust. Romantic writing workshop with Nicola Cornick in Swindon 28 June. Details at www.swindonlink.com

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #136 on: June 04, 2010, 11:32:57 AM »
Councillor Keith gets on his bike by for SMASH. Help him fundraise for crucial mentoring project via www.swindonlink.com

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #137 on: June 04, 2010, 02:09:53 PM »
Has he still got the bike that Lord Tebbitt told him to buy?
Bobby

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #138 on: June 04, 2010, 02:21:02 PM »
Swindon volunteers recognised by The Queen. Swindon Down's Syndrome Group to receive 'MBE' for volunteer groups. Details on site now.

Offline swindonlinkman

« Reply #139 on: June 04, 2010, 04:23:28 PM »
Not on swindonlink.com and this probably is best somewhere else on TS:

Gateway detailed planning application for Coate
The government is closing the door on the RSS and Core Strategy plans and developers are putting in their applications. Is this panic?

Application received by Swindon Council on 27 May. Published on 2 and 3 June.

See http://www.swindon.gov.uk/environment/planning/planningapplyonline.htm

Full planning application ref: S/10/0842

Would anybody like to write a story about this for www.swindonlink.com