Author Topic: Please Read: Welcome to the Swindon Residents Parking Forum  (Read 3328 times)

Offline Dougal

• Administrator
    • Talkswindon.org
The Administration team at www.talkswindon.org were recently contacted by Mr Peter Greenhalgh, Swindon Borough Councils Cabinet member for Highways, Transport and Strategic Planning, with a proposal to provide a forum for residents of Old Town and central Swindon to discuss the residents parking scheme.

As talkswindons existing members already know, the talkswindon forum provides a free and open venue for the discussion and debate of almost any topic imaginable.

As such, talkswindon is pleased to facilitate such discussion and provide the means for additional communication between the residents of Swindon, Swindon Borough Council and its councillors.

Several Councillors are already active and valued members here at  www.talkswindon.org.

The Talkswindon administration team and existing forum members would therefore invite and encourage our many guests viewers to register an account with talkswindon.org, join the discussion and have their views considered directly by the Council members involved.

A quick reminder for those who might be worried about impartiality......

Talkswindon.org is soley owned and operated by its members.

Talkswindon is not funded by, affiliated to, or answerable to any official body.

Talkswindon will not release any of your personal contact details to third parties.

Todays Press Release:

Quote from: Swindon Borough Council - Highways, Transport and Strategic Planning
Swindon Borough Council has arranged for a discussion forum on the Internet to allow local people to put forward their ideas and suggestions about residents' parking in the Old Town and Central areas of the town.

The forum will be kindly be hosted on www.talkswindon.org and is in addition to the consultations already taking place.

The council is keen to hear residents' views on parking and any suggestions they may have. It has already said it will reconsider restrictions imposed on residents parking and is hoping the Internet forum will allow them to reach as many people as possible.

Cabinet member for  Highways, Transport and Strategic Planning, Peter Greenhalgh says: " We know that parking is a big issue for residents who understandably want to park near their homes. We believe they may well have some good ideas about how to manage the day to day issues over parking in their areas and we want their input to find a solution that is acceptable to the majority of people.

I personally will be going on to the forum to collect all the responses and suggestions and looking through them to find the best way forward.

Here at Swindon Borough Council we believe in listening to our residents and acting on their suggestions. I want people to know that we take this issue seriously and we want to make it as easy as possible for them to let us know their thoughts.

My thanks go to the administrators of www.talkswindon.org for their assistance in setting up this forum"

For further information contact Swindon Borough Council Communications Office 01793 463017

Your opinions are valuable....please share them.

Admin.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 12:05:07 PM by Geoff Reid »

www.talkswindon.org is a venue, not a person or political entity. As such, it hopes to encourage input and discussion on any topic, from all walks of Swindon life.   

Offline Sdarker

Re: Please Read: Welcome to the Swindon Residents Parking Forum
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 12:43:34 PM »
My name is Sinead Darker and I am one of the Conservative Councillors for Central Ward.   I think the forum is a great idea and I would like to thank Peter Greenhalgh for setting it up.  It will give everyone an opportunity to post their ideas about how we can improve parking.  If any Central Resident would like to contact me directly please email me on sinead@centralintouch.com or ring me on 337591.  This is a great opportunity for us to have an open and honest debate about a difficult issue.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Re: Please Read: Welcome to the Swindon Residents Parking Forum
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 10:19:48 AM »

In the Swindon Advertiser 5th June 2006

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/swindonnewsheadlines/display.var.782752.0.give_your_views_over_parking_in_old_town.php

Quote from: Swindon Advertiser
Give your views over parking in Old Town

PEOPLE have the chance to discuss their parking concerns on the internet.

Swindon Council has arranged for a discussion forum on the web to allow people to put forward their ideas and suggestions about residents' parking in the Old Town and Central areas of the town.

The council is keen to hear residents' views on parking and any suggestions they may have. Lead member for highways, transport and strategic planning, Coun Peter Greenhalgh said: "We believe they may well have some good ideas about how to manage the day to day issues over parking in their areas and we want their input to find a solution that is acceptable to the majority of people."
continued...

If you would like to put your ideas forward visit:

www.talkswindon.org