Author Topic: Changes To Plastic Recycling  (Read 8095 times)

Offline Liz Walker

Re: Changes To Plastic Recycling
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2009, 11:49:34 AM »

I do though think the Government (of any colour) can and should do more to cut packaging.  We (the consumer) often have no choice but to either fill our recycling box or wheelie bin, both of which cost us (Council Tax payers) to process / dispose of.

I delight in dumping all my unwanted packaging at the till!  It irritates the hell out the staff (and my old man :tickedoff:) but hey I don't want the stuff and maybe they'll get the hint.
Redoubt-supporting victims of anti-social behaviour in Swindon. swindonredoubt@live.co.uk

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2009, 07:21:53 PM »

I do though think the Government (of any colour) can and should do more to cut packaging.  We (the consumer) often have no choice but to either fill our recycling box or wheelie bin, both of which cost us (Council Tax payers) to process / dispose of.

I delight in dumping all my unwanted packaging at the till!  It irritates the hell out the staff (and my old man :tickedoff:) but hey I don't want the stuff and maybe they'll get the hint.

I always leave my coat hangers at the till if buying clothes.
They have stopped asking me if I want my hangers now - I just give em the look  :o
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2009, 09:54:11 AM »
I always have left my coathangers in the shop - why bother to bring them home? the clothes would never see them again anyway!
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)