Author Topic: Free Fantasy Football league for Swindon residents  (Read 1263 times)

Offline buckhysen

• Kev's Keyrings
Free Fantasy Football league for Swindon residents
« on: July 15, 2009, 03:23:00 PM »
Hope it's OK to post this here but we have just set up a 4th Swindon Fantasy Football league season on the official Premiership Fantasy football league website.
This used to be a Swindontalk league but from last season we opened it up to anyone who lives or has lived in Swindon and surrounding areas.

In the past 3 years we have seen anything from 30-50 managers sign up and take part, including several members of TalkSwindon, so thought I'd invite anyone else to join who is a football fan or would just like to pit their wits against other managers.

I'm a big fan of these fantasy football games and this is the best one I've found. It's 100% free and you won't get any spam from the site (Unless you ask for updates), you get one free transfer a week and this season they have added a lot of nice extra features.

Simply log on to http://fantasy.premierleague.com/
Pick your team (If you only have a few minutes you can pick a random team and make as many changes as you want before the season starts).
Then go to 'Join a league' and enter/join league code 35307-11385 (Swindontalk).

We want to try and reach at least 50 managers this season as it makes for a better, more competitive season, so hope to see as many of you as possible joining up and taking part.

It's a good bit of fun with some friendly banter over the season. And you can be as active as you want to be, changing your team every week or registering and leaving it alone.
But obviously the more you put in the higher up the league you'll finish.

I've won the league for the last 2 seasons so looking forward to seeing if anyone can give me another good challenge this season :)

Offline buckhysen

• Kev's Keyrings
Re: Free Fantasy Football league for Swindon residents
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 01:17:39 AM »
Just pinging this to the top as there's only a few days left to get a team in if you're interested. Only takes 5 minutes to sign up and even if you don't know much about football you can let the site pick a team for you.

The league will be closed to new entrants after 11:30am on Saturday (15th) so you haven't got long to enter your teams.

We currently have 19 managers signed up, most from Talkswindon and Swindontalk. It would be great to get up to 50 managers by the weekend (We have had some late rushes in the past), but anything over 25 will make the league season far more interesting for everyone.

If you don't have time to take part then still take 5 minutes to register a team if you can and choose a random team, then you can be involved as much or as little as you want. You'll still score points throughout the season.

Offline Justin Tomlinson

• Abbey Meads Conservatives
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 08:54:45 AM »
All registered  O0

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 09:33:07 AM »

I know as much about soccer as McGabe knows about running a country.....

....so I'm in  :)

Offline Justin Tomlinson

• Abbey Meads Conservatives
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 10:52:49 AM »
Well to be fair in the last 3 seasons us 'experts' have done awful in the last few years!  ;D

Offline Chris Van Roon

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 12:14:55 PM »
Don't worry Buckhysen, I will be doing it on Friday just before the start of the new season, so that I can have as full a slate of new transfers to choose from!  :D

Offline buckhysen

• Kev's Keyrings
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 09:04:15 PM »
Well to be fair in the last 3 seasons us 'experts' have done awful in the last few years!  ;D

Ahem, speak for yourself ;) lol