Author Topic: Swindon kebab van gets 13,000 views on youtube ???  (Read 4186 times)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Swindon kebab van gets 13,000 views on youtube ???
« on: July 05, 2009, 11:06:20 PM »

I really wasn't looking for kebab videos.....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5vNom66TqWI&amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5vNom66TqWI&amp;hl</a>

......but was surprised to hear the author unashamedly admitting to being a member of a Blakes 7 forum  :o

Gone to look for it.....

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Re: Swindon kebab van gets 13,000 views on youtube ???
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 11:09:09 PM »

Oh my giddy aunt....

a youtube search on 'Blakes 7 forum returns:

Results 1 - 10 of about 8,170,000 for blakes 7 forum. (0.24 seconds)

Offline Tobes

• Regents
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 01:24:43 AM »
Avon was my hero... I like to imagine that Mart looks and sounds like Paul Darrow

That had to be the most random YouTube vid ever Geof... what weird set of events lead you to finding that???!
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 12:27:57 PM »
I was looking for the 'Swindon through the ages' video and 'swindon kebab' just caught my eye in the results.

Another clip also caught my eye, 'worlds largest kebab' - I doubt it is, but it's a seriously big job from a British kebab house up north somewhere

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4rvUplBi7Fg&amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/4rvUplBi7Fg&amp;hl</a>

Makes me laugh that the purchaser of the kebab never says a word but his worried grin in the last few frames says it all. "This is gonna hurt".

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 09:26:30 PM »
I like to imagine that Mart looks and sounds like Paul Darrow

You cheeky git!

I once commuted to Birmingham for 6 months, erm, so it was more than once come to think of it.

You could get doner kebab but served on a naan bread roughly the size of a dustbin lid, damn near use to burst me lower intestine. Oh, happy days.

Paul bloody Darrow. more a Robert Redford / Paul Newman mix, but taller, with completely different features, different eye and hair colour, less charisma and a tad chubbier.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 12:41:51 AM »
S'funnt innit. Us men always refer to our physical stature honestly. We are variously fit/flabby/porky/chubby/phat bastard or of 'equatorial girth' with our own gravity field.

But proper blokes never EVER call themselves 'cuddly'.

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 12:48:47 AM »
Strangely enough I think I know both the Kebab van ... (very nice small donna with plenty veg £2.00p) and the geek with the vid!

He  keeps the blake's 7 thing quiet though....  Perve!
Gardening tips: Always remember its brown side down, green side up.  If its knocking now it'll only go bang later

Offline Muggins

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 09:20:31 AM »
Welcome Tea boy. Talking about Blakes 7, do my eyes deceive me or is Avon the new aging biker character on Emmerdale?  Nearly rang round the kids to get them to watch. How are the mighty fallen!
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)