Author Topic: Parking problems (Old Town)  (Read 21429 times)

Offline Richard Symonds

Re: Parking problems (Old Town)
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2011, 12:46:08 AM »
Forget Councillor Greenhalgh, he will waste your time to tell you why he cannot help you, after all he is only the Lead Member with this responsibility

If you live in Old Town give the problem to Councillor Fionuola Foley.  She is up for election and so will help you, as she has always done for me.

Now if you live in Eastcott, the Councillors there are a different matter, all talk and no action that I know about!!  At the elections you will have an opportunity to change that situation.
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Ringer

« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2011, 08:30:05 AM »
Forget Councillor Greenhalgh, he will waste your time to tell you why he cannot help you, after all he is only the Lead Member with this responsibility

If you live in Old Town give the problem to Councillor Fionuola Foley.  She is up for election and so will help you, as she has always done for me.

Now if you live in Eastcott, the Councillors there are a different matter, all talk and no action that I know about!!  At the elections you will have an opportunity to change that situation.

You live in Old Town, or are you one of her buddies?
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline I Could Do That

• Swindon Born & Bred & Gone
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2011, 08:35:57 AM »
"If you live in Old Town give the problem to Councillor Fionuola Foley.  She is up for election and so will help you, as she has always done for me."

Is that the same Fionuola Foley that says she can't answer questions, when other councillors clearly have done?
Proud to be gone

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2011, 01:42:49 PM »
Fionuola is up for election so she cannot avoid the questions,

or can she?

or should I say dare she?

You know it makes sense!!

If she wants to get re elected that is!!
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline swindoncentric

« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2011, 02:06:24 PM »
She might just 'reject the premise of the question' as she's already done regarding Coate.

On our ballot papers there should be a section which we can cross that says, 'I reject the premise of this candidate'.

Offline Ringer

« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2011, 02:22:44 PM »
She might just 'reject the premise of the question' as she's already done regarding Coate.

On our ballot papers there should be a section which we can cross that says, 'I reject the premise of this candidate'.

I thought her answer was more of a leadership contender than a councillor? If you are running the council you have to cover all bases as Rod has learned did he not say no university no building :popcorn:
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline the gorgon

• Hello !
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2011, 02:50:21 PM »
Fionuola is up for election so she cannot avoid the questions,

or can she?

or should I say dare she?

You know it makes sense!!

If she wants to get re elected that is!!

She seems to be doing a good job of avoiding giving a straight answer to the questions about development at Coate, which is partly (at the very least) in her ward.

Offline I Could Do That

• Swindon Born & Bred & Gone
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2011, 06:02:22 PM »
I'm still not getting the part that explains how Fe Fi Foley is nice and helpful.  ::)
Proud to be gone

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2011, 09:12:58 AM »
Foley is not 'nice',  and is helpful only where it's politically expedient for her to be so.

Foley will always do and say the right thing for Foley but everything she does say is so very carefully couched in politically ambiguous code that it's deniable, worthless or duplicitous.

The term 'Reptillian' comes to mind when I think of Fionualala...