Author Topic: Bug in the calendar 'repeating events' function.  (Read 921 times)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Bug in the calendar 'repeating events' function.
« on: April 25, 2009, 07:33:59 PM »
This is a test calendar entry.

There is a bug in the repeating events function. It's likely to be a compatibility issue between the latest version of forum software and the add-on piece of software that adds some extra functionality tp the calendar - repeating events etc.

This means that event titles may have an extra date added to the end of the title. The calendar entry will be on the correct date, and any date information displayed within the thread itself will be correct.

The bug affects ONLY the titles of single day events by adding an extra (unrelated) date to the end of the title e.g:

This is a test entry: July 25, 2009 - December 25, 2011

This is a problem with the 'repeating events' function.  Events which do repeat, or occur over a period of several days are displaying normally  ;D

There's a ghost in the machine....

...so who you gonna call ?

I'm working on it  :)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 03:37:45 PM by Geoff Reid »

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Re: Bug in the calendar 'repeating events' function.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 07:59:15 PM »

Ah. Just stuck my round round the virtual door of the author of this code to find he recently said: 

No, this will not work for 1.1.7.
No, there will be no version for 1.1.7.
I will release a new version when 2.0 RC1 is released.

when RC1 is stable and released, I will be re-releasing the PhatCalPack

This includes
Attendees
recurring events
Import/export holiday management

Talkswindon is already running 1.1.8 so we'll be waiting for RC 2.0 (Release Candidate number 2.0), for this to work properly again.

Q: We can continue using the calendar 'as is' which means an admin will need to manually edit every one day event which is posted (to remove the spurious date). ?

Events which are 'recurring' will not be affected.

What say you??

** Incidentally: The 'spurious' date is actually the default 'end date' of the recurring event editor. The default is usually the date the post is made.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 08:01:41 PM »

If we do want to limp onwards with this I'll post an easy 'how to' guide to getting round the bug...for those that don't want to wait for an admin to tidy it up  ;D

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 11:03:37 PM »
Wossat mean then?

The 'spurious' date is actually the default 'end date' of the recurring event editor..

Is a spurious date one of those where the girly doesn't turn up?

Default end date would be where she goes home to her mum I expect and all your stuff is packed in bin bags.

The recurring event would be rows, largely unedited in my experience I understand.

I have no personal knowledge of such things, I've just heard it can happen.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 11:07:26 PM »

Is a spurious date one of those where the girly doesn't turn up?

ZanuLabour Elastic Dictionary:

Spurious date: A date on which a promised referendum, or election, will not happen. Also see: 'Lies, damn lies and statistics' and 'New Labour election manifesto 2010'.