Author Topic: Radio 1 Big Weekend Ticket Applications  (Read 13753 times)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Re: Radio 1 Big Weekend Ticket Applications
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2009, 10:09:53 AM »

The R1BW website says:

Registration has closed

Registration for BBC Radio 1's Big Weekend has now closed and we are afraid it is too late to apply for a ticket for the event.

We will be emailing everyone who registered between now and Friday 24 April to let them know if they have been allocated tickets or not.

Please check your junk or spam mail folders if you have not receive an email by midday on Friday 24 April - alternatively, you can check here from Friday to see if you have been lucky by using the registration number you were given.

Demand for tickets this year was again massive and we are sorry if you were not allocated any. There will be extensive coverage across the weekend on Radio 1, BBC TV, red button and on this site. We will bring you all the highlights, exclusive access and special performances throughout the festival.

Please note that no tickets will be available on the day and you should not turn up at the sire without a valid ticket

Please don't risk buying tickets

Valid tickets for BBC Radio 1's Big Weekend are free and there are no tickets on sale through any outlets. Our barcode system also means people can invalidate the tickets we send them and ask for replacements. Therefore if you buy tickets you will have no way of knowing if the barcode is valid until you reach the entrance.

:popcorn:

Offline Alligator

• Twitter - @Alliflowchart
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2009, 02:59:10 PM »
Yay!!

I've got tickets for the Saturday!! :banana:

Offline Damien

• Musician
    • Talk In Code - Indie Pop/Rock Band
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2009, 03:15:37 PM »
I also have tickets for the Saturday, woo hoo!!
 ))))

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2009, 09:02:06 PM »
I havent got mine yet, but I am still going, coz my mate Tray has got hers
and is taking me with her Yipppeeeee

(On the Saturday Ali G - so keep that brolley in check and we shall see you there) !  O0

Yipppeeeee
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline Simon

• Jnr. Jedi
    • Swindon Climate Action Network
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2009, 09:56:55 PM »
No email yet - checked my spam folder and everything  :-\
We are all in this together, but some of us are more in it than others (with apologies to George Orwell)

Offline Journey2

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2009, 10:06:15 PM »
My husband and I applied, HE got the tickets for Saturday, but to his  :censored: he will now be away overseas on a work trip, soooo I hope I can take his and take my son, and the toddler doesn't need a ticket.. yay  ))))

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2009, 11:28:20 PM »
I haven't applied yet.

Is it too late?

If it is I've still got some grouting to do so it's not all bad news.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Damien

• Musician
    • Talk In Code - Indie Pop/Rock Band
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2009, 03:12:38 PM »
Applications closed on Monday, sorry...

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2009, 08:19:57 AM »

Bugger.....

Commiserations

We are very sorry to say that unfortunately you have not been allocated tickets for BBC Radio 1's Big Weekend this year.

In total almost 350,000 people applied and we only had 10,000 pairs of tickets available for each day, so you are not alone - but we understand your disappointment.

We will be doing our best to bring you all the highlights, performances and backstage action from the event all weekend across Radio 1, BBC TV, online and on the red button. If you live in Swindon you should also look out for the various free 'fringe' events taking place around the town leading up to the weekend.

Radio 1

.....I'm not worried though, there's one of these up for grabs on eBay:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hjurw67StXg&amp;hl=en&amp;fs" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hjurw67StXg&amp;hl=en&amp;fs</a>

Offline Jarvis

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2009, 08:37:59 AM »

Bugger.....

Commiserations

We are very sorry to say that unfortunately you have not been allocated tickets for BBC Radio 1's Big Weekend this year.

Doesn't the BBC regard Talkswindon as media?, why not get in using your press pass ?

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2009, 09:03:46 AM »

Doesn't the BBC regard Talkswindon as media?, why not get in using your press pass ?

Yes, the BBC does and Talkswindon does have a press pass....

...but I think the forums pass is best used by reporting members on both Saturday and Sunday who are more into the current music scene than I am, so I'll do everything I can to enable them to get the most out of both days - and then tell us and Swindon all about it  O0

I'm just in the process of arranging interviews with various artistes for them.....  :)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Re: Radio 1 Big Weekend Ticket F.A.Q's
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2009, 04:04:39 PM »

Tickets were given away by ballot - but registration for the ticket ballot has now closed.

A few tickets remaining tickets will be given away as prizes in on-air competitions on some shows until Sunday May 3rd - listen to Radio 1 for more information.

I've not had an email to say I've got a ticket - when will I hear?

All the emails saying whether you have been lucky or not have now been sent. If you have not already heard from us, please check your junk and spam mail folders - because of the large number of emails sent, some may have gone astray.

You can also check here if you have the registration number given to you when you registered. Tickets to those who have been allocated tickets are sent automatically - so, if you do have a ticket, you will not miss out if your email has got lost.

I live in Swindon and didn't get a ticket - why weren't more given out to local people?

10,000 pairs of tickets are being given out for both Saturday and Sunday - however, since almost 350,000 people applied for tickets, unfortunately it means many will be disappointed.

Demand for tickets was once again massive and even if tickets had only been given to people from Swindon, we would still not have enough room for all those who applied.
How do you allocate tickets?

10,000 pairs of tickets are being given out for both Saturday and Sunday - however, since almost 350,000 people applied for tickets, unfortunately it means many will be disappointed. Demand for tickets was once again massive and even if tickets had only been given to people from Swindon, we would still not have enough room for all those who applied.

BBC Radio 1's Big Weekend moves to a different area of the UK each year and we always give a degree of preference to local residents. Tickets were allocated randomly, based on postcode, but weighted in favour of those living in Swindon and the surrounding areas. 60% of the tickets have been given to those in Swindon itself, with a further 15% going to those in near-by towns. 20% were reserved for those in the wider South West area - including Salisbury, Bristol, Bath and Gloucester - with the remaining 5% of tickets allocated to those in the rest of the UK.
Can I get a ticket on the day?

No tickets will be available on the day and you should not turn up at the site without a valid ticket.

I'm worried noise, litter or road closures will effect me where I live?

Swindon Borough Council will be taking steps to ensure that those living close to Lydiard Park are not overly inconvenienced over the weekend. They will be handling all issues regarding traffic management, crowd control and litter. A number of frequently asked questions are covered at www.swindon.gov.uk/bigweekend-residentsfaq   (Actually, I think SBC have palmed-off traffic management to the AA - Geoff)

How old do you have to be to attend? 

There is no age limit for BBC Radio 1's Big Weekend. However, if you are under 16 you must be accompanied by a responsible person who is at least 18 years old. You may also be asked for ID if you look under 16.

Children under two years old do not need a ticket, but those two and over will need one. Please also bear in mind that this is an outdoor event, with large crowds expected.

How secure is the ticketing system?

This ticketing method has been used at a number of events in the past and we are worked hard to ensure that the system is very secure. All tickets are printed with a unique barcode and the name and address of the person receiving them. The barcode is scanned at the entrance to the event and tickets with invalid barcodes will be rejected.

Tickets are fully traceable and we can cancel them at any time by invalidating the barcode.

How do you prevent people selling tickets?

We will do all we can to stop people trying to sell tickets and will again work with third-party sites to remove posts offering tickets for sale.

Anyone trying to sell tickets is breaking our terms and conditions and we will cancel those tickets where possible.

You should also be aware that in the past some people have asked us to invalidate tickets, claiming they have failed to arrive and ordering replacements. They have then passed the cancelled tickets to others. If you buy tickets you will have no way of knowing if they are valid or not until you arrive at the gate.
If I am successful, but then realise I can no longer attend, how do I return my ticket?

If you cannot now attend please visit our ticket returns page online and let us know. We will cancel the ticket and re-issue to someone else who registered for the event.

What happens if my ticket does not arrive?

The email that says you have been successful will also include details of our help-line for ticket holders. They will be able to arrange for new tickets to be issued, but you will need to bring photo ID and prove you are resident at the registered address to collect the tickets.

I missed registration - will it be re-opened at any stage?

Unfortunately no. We already have far more people awaiting returns than we can supply.
What time does the event start and finish?

Doors will open around 12 noon on both Saturday 10 May and Sunday 11 May. The event will finish around 9.30 / 10pm each night.
What facilities are you providing for disabled people?

The two main stages will have a viewing platform for disabled people with accessible toilet facilities, but please note this is a green field site without pathways in places. Disabled parking is available for those with a blue badge on a first come, first served basis.

Can I bring food and drink into the event?

No food or drink can be taken into the site - with the exception of personal supplies of water in a plastic container with an unbroken seal (up to 1 litre per person).

Food and alcohol will be on sale inside the venue, however if you look under 21 please do not be offended if we ask you for proof of age when buying alcohol. The only forms of ID acceptable will be a photo driving licence or a passport.

Can I bring a camera?

Yes, but please be aware professional photography equipment is not allowed and we advise you to leave zoom lenses and other pieces of expensive equipment at home.

Where can I find traffic and travel information for Swindon?

Our colleagues at BBC Radio Wiltshire provide regularly updated traffic and travel news and you can find out about transportation to and from Lydiard Park from Swindon Council?s special site: www.swindonbigweekend.com

Offline Tig

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2009, 06:21:40 PM »
applied for tickets for the sunday and didn't get them  :'( however if it's a nice day and a slight wind in the right direction I can listen to it in my garden.

Offline Simon

• Jnr. Jedi
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2009, 07:05:32 PM »
No tickets for me  :(
We are all in this together, but some of us are more in it than others (with apologies to George Orwell)

Offline Dougal

• Administrator
    • Talkswindon.org
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2009, 06:12:00 PM »

Ashley, one of Talkswindons many guest viewers has emailed the admin team with the following query:

Quote from: Ashley
I registered for tickets to Radio 1 big weekend and today put my registration number in the website and it came up with successful of which I printed and then I closed the window and reopened it a few minutes later and then it said

Commiserations

Not too sure what this means when i re entered my same email add with the same registration. Not too sure if you know anything about this at all?

Our reply went as follows:

Hi Ashley

Thanks for letting us know.  We're not sure either but we'll have a go at finding out as well. The Big Weekend website says:

"The email that says you have been successful will also include details of our help-line for ticket holders."

Does the first email you received contain any contact details?, if not we think it's worth contacting Radio 1 via the R1 contact page here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/help/contactus/    and selecting 'contact radio 1 enquiries' and asking the same question.

We'll let you know if we're able to find out anything useful.

Regards

admin@talkswindon

Has anyone else had the same experience?
www.talkswindon.org is a venue, not a person or political entity. As such, it hopes to encourage input and discussion on any topic, from all walks of Swindon life.   

Offline komadori

• komadori's green corner
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2009, 07:53:57 PM »
No, but methinks the Beeb or their ticketing agent may have had a few technical problems. I registered using an email address that has no spam filtering, yet have not received an email. I'm aware of others in a similar position.
If something's worth doing it's worth doing in green. komadori's green c

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2009, 08:07:10 PM »

I don't think they're sending emails to the unsuccessful, just to the lucky ones.

I pumped my number into the machine to discover I was considered too old to go unlucky.  :)

Offline Simon

• Jnr. Jedi
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2009, 09:19:09 PM »
I don't think they're sending emails to the unsuccessful, just to the lucky ones.

I pumped my number into the machine to discover I was considered too old to go unlucky.  :)

Contrary to their original email, I they're only writing to the lucky ones (unless anyone's actually got an email saying they were unsuccessful). I didn't get an email. I just entered my number into their web site yesterday like you did in order to get an answer.

I was out with some friends last weekend, a group consisting mostly of people in their 30s and 40s (I think I was probably the youngest one there at the tender age of 34) and there was some speculation on whether the beeb were going to allocate tickets based on age, seeing as none of us are really the radio 1 target demographic, despite at least half of us being quite excited about the whole thing.

Offline peach

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2009, 09:50:49 PM »
Me wonders how many hospitality tickets have been issued to our dear hard working councillors, as I too was too old unlucky. :)

Offline Alligator

• Twitter - @Alliflowchart
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2009, 10:04:23 PM »
I was out with some friends last weekend, a group consisting mostly of people in their 30s and 40s (I think I was probably the youngest one there at the tender age of 34) and there was some speculation on whether the beeb were going to allocate tickets based on age, seeing as none of us are really the radio 1 target demographic, despite at least half of us being quite excited about the whole thing.

I'm the same age as you Simon and I was allocated tickets, so this suggests that I was very lucky, slipped through the net or that age isn't a factor.

Perhaps the fact that I still look 21 made the difference for me  ;D.......I wish