Author Topic: Radio 1 Big Weekend Ticket Applications  (Read 13983 times)

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
Re: Radio 1 Big Weekend Ticket Applications
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2009, 10:42:52 AM »
I was out with some friends last weekend, a group consisting mostly of people in their 30s and 40s (I think I was probably the youngest one there at the tender age of 34) and there was some speculation on whether the beeb were going to allocate tickets based on age, seeing as none of us are really the radio 1 target demographic, despite at least half of us being quite excited about the whole thing.

I'm the same age as you Simon and I was allocated tickets, so this suggests that I was very lucky, slipped through the net or that age isn't a factor.

Perhaps the fact that I still look 21 made the difference for me  ;D.......I wish

My mate , Tracy got tickets and she is the same age as me, however I did not lol.
........ But I am still going as she is taking me lol.
Well we had a pact, if I got tickets, then I would take her and vice versa.
I dont think it was based on age as on the registration form you had to tick the box as to whether you were in your under 16 age group - through to the 40's age group. We ticked the last box lol so maybe we will probably be in the old wrinklies section lol.
They will probably have a pen in the field separating us from the young, with a St Johns Ambulance team near by just incase we overexert ourselves when bopping along to snow patrol lol.
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.