Author Topic: Radio 1 Big Weekend Ticket Applications  (Read 13819 times)

Offline Dougal

• Administrator
    • Talkswindon.org
Radio 1 Big Weekend Ticket Applications
« on: April 14, 2009, 10:48:51 PM »
Sent by PM to all forum members:

A quick reminder to all Talkswindon members interested in attending Radio Ones Big Weekend at Lydiard Park.

Email registration for tickets starts tomorrow morning, Wednesday the 15th of April at 08:15hrs at http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/bigweekend/

Tickets for Radio 1's Big Weekend are free.

You have to register your details on the BBC website for your chance to attend one of the days. Last year about half a million people applied for tickets and demand is expected to be very high again this year. Not everyone who applies will be successful, but 10,000 pairs of tickets will be allocated for each of the two days.

http://www.talkswindon.org/index.php?topic=4163.msg24286#msg24286

We're very interested in learning, (and discussing), what percentage of locals applicants do manage to get tickets.

If you do apply for tickets we'd really appreciate you letting us know that you have applied for tickets, and if you have, whether you receive any. (either on forum here: http://www.talkswindon.org/index.php?topic=4169.msg24287#msg24287 or by email to admin@talkswindon.org)

Our warm regards to you all

Dougal and the TS Admin team

We'd also like to invite our many guests to let us know how they get with their ticket applications, either by email or joining the forum and telling us directly.

New members are always welcome  :)

[countdown=4,20,09,11,00]You are too late[/countdown][/color] to apply for tickets!

« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 11:02:39 PM by Dougal »

www.talkswindon.org is a venue, not a person or political entity. As such, it hopes to encourage input and discussion on any topic, from all walks of Swindon life.   

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Re: Radio 1 Big Weekend Ticket Applications
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 11:27:20 PM »

I'll be applying for tickets first thing tomorrow  :)

Naturally I'll be bragging if I get some or whining loudly if I don't  ;D

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 08:12:16 AM »
Registration open:

Hello,

Thank you for registering to try and get tickets to Radio 1's Big Weekend in Swindon.

You are now in with the chance of getting a pair of tickets for the event - although you will need to be lucky - last year around half a million people registered for this unique event and we only have 10,000 pairs of tickets for each day.

Please keep a note of your personal registration number: 10000xxx

This number will allow you to check online to see if you have been successful or not once the allocation process has finished, so please keep it safe.

We will email you to say if you have been lucky or not between Wednesday 22 April and Friday 24 April - please check your spam or junk mail folders if you do not hear from us by this time.

If you are allocated tickets, the email will say when they will be delivered. It will also tell you what to do if there are any problems.

Registration opened a few minutes early but even in the few seconds it took me to enter my details several hundred other people had registered. 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 09:16:10 AM by Geoff Reid »

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 09:38:14 AM »
I have also registered !

I got up early, booted up the laptop and got onto it lol.

My chosen day is Saturday, as I like a bit of Snow Patrol, more my sort of thing rather than N-dubz

So Alligator if you are Chaving it with the chavs, then get ya tickets for the Saturday innit mate    O0 !

Chav  ;)
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline GDW2006

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 10:13:50 AM »
I've registered too... once in my name for Saturday and once in the wifey's name for Sunday. I'm sure it's against the rules to do that, but what the hell, we live in Swindon so  as I see it we should have priority over anyone not from round here!

Code: [Select]
Thank you for registering to try and get tickets to Radio 1's Big Weekend in Swindon.

You are now in with the chance of getting a pair of tickets for the event - although
you will need to be lucky - last year around half a million people registered for
this unique event and we only have 10,000 pairs of tickets for each day.

Here are the details you gave us:

<snip>

Please keep a note of your personal registration number: 100xxxxx

If the registration numbers are allocated sequentially then they're already in the "tens of thousands"... nearer a hundred k than fifty k.

Offline PAV

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 10:16:23 AM »
Presumably they will give proiority to people with an SN1 post code and then work downwards from there.

Offline GDW2006

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 10:23:53 AM »
I hope not... that would mean that, assuming they don't run out by the time they've finished assigned tickets to SN1 and SN2 postcodes, people who live in places such as Calne, Chippenham, Devizes, Malmesbury, Marlborough, etc... would get tickets ahead of me, as I live in the posh part one of the new parts of North Swindon.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 10:32:01 AM »
Presumably they will give proiority to people with an SN1 post code and then work downwards from there.

Hah!

SN5 first, (on account that us SN5'ers live nextdoor to Lydiard) then work outwards from that  ;D

I expect it will be completely random within the entire SN post code though.

Btw, welcome to Talkswindon GDW  :)

Offline GDW2006

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 10:50:06 AM »
Btw, welcome to Talkswindon GDW  :)
thanks - been a member (lurker) since 2006 but just never really got round to posting. As I have a couple of days off work, and as the friendly email reminded me about this here concert thing, I thought it would be a good idea to start posting.

Offline Daddysbabies

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 01:57:51 PM »
I've also registered for Sunday, I believe two thirds of all applicants will register for the first day. That is unless many more people make the same assumption.

Offline Alligator

• Twitter - @Alliflowchart
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 02:10:49 PM »
So Alligator if you are Chaving it with the chavs, then get ya tickets for the Saturday innit mate    O0 !

Chav  ;)

Already requested, I'm now dusting off my industrial sized umbrella to keep you and your mates under control.  ;)

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 05:58:31 PM »

Chav  ;)

Already requested, I'm now dusting off my industrial sized umbrella to keep you and your mates under control.  ;)

Oh Marvellous !!
You better keep the brolley under control, as you gave us many a poke with it at the Pride last year lol

You naughty Gator you lol
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline Simon

• Jnr. Jedi
    • Swindon Climate Action Network
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 09:02:50 PM »
I've registered for Saturday. At that point apparently 182287 people had registered (this was at the top of the form where I entered my address etc), however the reference number they gave me was in the 10 million range, so I don't think the reference number is any guide to the number of people who have registered.

Fingers crossed...
We are all in this together, but some of us are more in it than others (with apologies to George Orwell)

Offline concerned_of_Old_Town

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2009, 11:05:21 PM »
I've registered

Offline Dougal

• Administrator
    • Talkswindon.org
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2009, 10:27:59 AM »
Admins note:

I have split some off-topic posts, (non-ticket application related), from this thread, and added them to the R1BW debate thread in 'Coffee Talk & New Member Introductions'

Rarely for us, we're trying to keep the focus of this topic fairly tight  ;D

Dougal.  

www.talkswindon.org is a venue, not a person or political entity. As such, it hopes to encourage input and discussion on any topic, from all walks of Swindon life.   

Offline komadori

• komadori's green corner
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 10:36:59 AM »
I registered for Sunday, just before midnight yesterday. Total registrants at that point was 195724.
If something's worth doing it's worth doing in green. komadori's green c

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 10:39:35 AM »

Crikey....in one day?  :o

Offline komadori

• komadori's green corner
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 07:21:50 PM »
Not so much progress today. Total now standing at 229203.
If something's worth doing it's worth doing in green. komadori's green c

Offline Jarvis

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2009, 10:20:50 AM »

Almost exactly 24hrs remaining to apply for tickets:

You have until 10 am on Monday 20 April to apply for tickets in our ballot.

At time of posting 295072 people have registered

Offline Dougal

• Administrator
    • Talkswindon.org
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2009, 11:13:17 AM »

Good opportunity to try the TS countdown timer out  :)

[countdown=4,20,09,11,00]You are too late[/countdown][/color] to apply for tickets!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 11:02:17 PM by Dougal »