Author Topic: Tata to another few bob?  (Read 606 times)

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
Tata to another few bob?
« on: January 01, 2009, 06:28:19 PM »
From the BBC a week or two ago

Labour peer Lord Bhattacharyya had suggested ministers were discussing a £667m loan package for Jaguar.

Then this from Autocar at about the same time

Tata, the Indian firm that owns Jaguar and Land Rover, has agreed to sponsor the Ferrari F1 team from next season.

"For the first time an Indian brand will appear on a Ferrari," said Ferrari chief Luca di Montezemolo.

There’s no official word on how much money the Indian conglomerate will invest in Ferrari.

Ratan Tata sits on the Fiat board, which is where the Ferrari deal has stemmed from. Tata and Fiat already have a joint venture to produce small, cheap cars in India.

The news comes as Tata-owned Jaguar and Land Rover continues to lobby the UK government for a £1bn tax-payer bailout.

Ferrari, I think, is one of the few teams not based in Oxford, or thereabouts. If government wants to indirectly invest in Formula 1 p'raps Honda would be more appropriate?

Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.