Author Topic: ! Have You Siged Yet? It's Not Too Late !  (Read 826 times)

Offline MumsTheWord

• Never underestimate the power of words!
! Have You Siged Yet? It's Not Too Late !
« on: October 25, 2008, 03:59:24 PM »
If you have not done so already and want to support the Gurkha campaign, please add your signature to the petition which is due to be handed in to Downing Street on 20 November 08.

Here is the link

www.gurkhajustice.org.uk

Thanks for reading

Beckie x

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Re: ! Have You Siged Yet? It's Not Too Late !
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 11:21:49 AM »

D'oh....I've been by-passing this post 'cos I thought it concerned a Gurkha petition I'd already signed....

....but it wasn't the same one  :-[

I've thought for a long time that HMG has taken regular dumps on Gurkha's from various heights.

I'm lucky enough to occasionally work with some ex-Gurkha's and I cannot think of a good reason why we wouldn't want them and their families to live and work alongside us when their service is over.

There is something very wrong with our country when we're silently accepting every european economic migrant that arrives at our shores, yet routinely piss on the one people who like and respect us, and who really want to be our friends.

If you've never met a Gurkha and aren't overly interested in signing this petition because you think you're never likely to meet one, please think again because, unlike the vast majority of our population, a Gurkha isn't selfish and won't just 'walk on by' when he sees something bad happening or someone who needs his help. 

Anyhoo, here's a brief message from Joanna Lumley:

The Government must act now, after years of delay, to change the law to allow all retired Gurkhas the right to stay in the UK, without reservation.

Please encourage your friends, family and colleagues to join you today in adding their name to the Gurkha Justice cause by also signing up at www.gurkhajustice.org.uk.

With the support of people across the UK, who understand the huge contribution that the Gurkhas have made to our country, this is a fight we must win.

Yours,  Joanna Lumley

robert feal-martinez

Re: ! Have You Siged Yet? It's Not Too Late !
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 11:31:36 AM »
My father fought with a Gurkha Regiment in WW2. He spoke very highly over them, including what awesome fighters they were. It is disgusting the way they have been treated.