Author Topic: Mythbusting with TSTV: Can you cook an egg using two mobile phones?  (Read 4066 times)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Sunday the 28th of September 2008: 

The Beehive public house welcomes several Talkswindon members who are intent on either proving, or disproving, that an egg placed between two working, (constantly transmitting), mobile phones will be cooked by the energy radiating from the phones.

It is my sad duty to report that one team member suffered a serious 'eggs'cident earlier in the evening. New Talkswindon member, (and willing eggsperimenteer), 'Humpty' was accidentally pushed from his seat in the Beehive and suffered massive cranial injuries when his head struck the hardwood floor. 

Other team members rushed to his aid but despite their best eggforts, they were unable to put him together again.

Sadly, Humpty died shortly afterwards.

Humpty

Introduction

[stream=475,325]http://www.talkswindon.org/tstv/eggboiling/eggboiling%20intro.wmv[/stream]

The Eggsperiment

[stream=475,325]http://www.talkswindon.org/tstv/eggboiling/eggboiling.wmv[/stream]

« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 05:54:08 PM by Geoff Reid »

Offline Nan Smallgrope

• Nu Labour To The Core
Re: Mythbusting with TSTV: Can you cook an egg using two mobile phones?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 04:12:28 AM »

This looked like fun. Why wasn't I invited?  >:(
Labour's Newest Member of Parliament: Nan Smallgrope MP      * Born 08.07.1957     * Tescos Clubcard Holder.     * Paid Up Member Of The Tufty Club  

Offline ZPW

• Bob Wright better do a stellar job
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 10:50:27 AM »

This looked like fun. Why wasn't I invited?  >:(

Hello?? Hello??

This looked like the most boring vid. ever despite the claim that the 'boring bits' has been edited out.
That's half an hour of my life I'll not get back... blahhh..
What did we learn? anything? at all?

ah.hah... yes... we learnt that the beehive has a smoking section... how is that?

Offline Tobes

• Regents
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 01:12:56 PM »

It wasn't really designed for your benefit Zippy  ;) -

None of us learned anything - because exactly what we expected to happen, actually happened..... NOTHING! (the egg didn't even get warm, let alone cookmany pints!)

Sometimes reality can be dull... but at least its REAL  :D
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 03:46:35 PM »

Hello?? Hello??

This looked like the most boring vid. ever despite the claim that the 'boring bits' has been edited out.
That's half an hour of my life I'll not get back... blahhh..

We confirmed that, (in Swindon at least), eggs aren't cooked by mobile phone energy.

We learned that 8 Talkswindon members + 1 independent scientist/observer/invigilator can take on a full-throttle musical pub p.a system......and win.

We remembered that it's good to talk, even better to have a beer in your hand while you're doing it and that smoking roll-ups really is good for you. 

What happened on camera is exactly what we expected to happen. What happened off-camera were also what we expected to happen.

Of the two events, which do you suppose was the more interesting and enjoyable ?  :)

Offline ZPW

• Bob Wright better do a stellar job
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 03:52:18 PM »

We remembered that it's good to talk, even better to have a beer in your hand while you're doing it and that smoking roll-ups really is good for you. 

What happened on camera is exactly what we expected to happen. What happened off-camera were also what we expected to happen.

Of the two events, which do you suppose was the more interesting and enjoyable ?  :)

OK. Thnks.
I see however that neither of you has dealt with the smoking question.
And here's another one... what did the group think about elected mayors...

Offline Mellon

• Whatever it is , I didn't do it!
    • Mellons Blog
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 08:24:28 PM »
it was a good night, great meeting you all!

as was eggspected the phones did not cook the egg!!! i was there witnessed the entire eggsperiment with my own two eyes. bit of a shame rob magegg was not there..........ooh that remeggss me Mr.Tobes, can i have my foil armadillo hat back? im feeling a little scrambled!!!!

perhaps as Tobes suggeggsted we should meet up eggain soon for a curry night or something to that eggeffect?
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."