Author Topic: John Pilger coming to Arts Centre, Devizes Road 14th May  (Read 1378 times)

Offline abdullahazzam

John Pilger coming to Arts Centre, Devizes Road 14th May
« on: March 26, 2008, 05:19:59 PM »
John Pilger coming to Arts Centre, Devizes Road 14th May

Event costs £5 or £6 and begins at 8pm.

John Pilger will be coming to the Arts Centre in Devizes Road on Wednesday 14th May. He will be in conversation with Luke Holland on writing, filming and speaking out.

Some of the questions that will be covered: What is the role of the reporter? What do you think of investigative journalism? Apart from your immediate loved ones, what do you care about in the world? Is 'over there' too far away for you? What is the difference between films and books? How can we make things better? Is there any hope for human beings to be kind and caring?

These are all tricky questions but which maybe hold no fear for John Pilger, who has been tackling them head on for most of his working life. His films have appeared on national mainstream television, and his books include Tell Me No Lies and Freedom next Time. He is two-times winner of British Journalist of the Year, as well as International Reporter of the Year and winner of the UN Media Peace Prize. He will talk about his work and answer questions.

Arts Centre, Devizes Road (map) Tel: 01793 614837

For those coming from outside of Swindon, there are details of how to get to the Arts Centre at SBC Arts and Culture - Arts Centre Map

Amnesty International Reprieve UK [url=http://www.worldcoa

Offline Margie

Re: John Pilger coming to Arts Centre, Devizes Road 14th May
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 06:04:48 PM »
Yep, I'm booked up!

Offline abdullahazzam

Re: John Pilger coming to Arts Centre, Devizes Road 14th May
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 11:12:37 AM »
I went to the Arts Centre on the weekend to ask if they had any further information, but they didn't - everything is in the brochure on the Swindon Festival of Literature and I've already given everyone that. The same information is repeated on the Festival website. I would however point out that a double ticket is available for £10 that allows you to see Jim Smit talking about the Eden Project at 6.30pm on the same day, should you wish to do so.
Amnesty International Reprieve UK [url=http://www.worldcoa