Author Topic: Anne Snelgrove - 'I wanna be elected'  (Read 4172 times)

Dick Norman

Anne Snelgrove - 'I wanna be elected'
« on: March 15, 2008, 12:12:57 PM »
 :fence1:

With apologies to Alice Cooper, I hear this about about the Governments Representative in South Swindon and I hear that she is supposed to be very active in Walcot and Parks.  Well last year she spent most of her time in Walcot and gave the impression that it was she and not Neil Heavens who was standing for election.  The fact that she tried so hard to beat Peter Mallinson and failed may account for her unfortunate behaviour subsequently.

Now in view of her 'bad' behaviour at the count last year is she going to be permitted to attend this year?  Or if she is how can we gurarantee that normal standards of behaviour will be resumed?  Does anyone know the legal position on this one because she certainly did not make any friends last year?

Anyway maybe she will get a straight red card this year rather than a yellow!!   O0

Offline Justin Tomlinson

• Abbey Meads Conservatives
Re: Anne Snelgrove - 'I wanna be elected'
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 11:48:27 AM »
Aye - she will have to abide by the rules.

Different people are allowed to do different things at the count, these groups of people cover:

The official agent (who can wander around)
Counting agents (who can question voting papers for the ward they are a counting agent to)
Candidates

Everyone else (Anne for example) is a spectator and can not charge around, especially in the centre behind the counting tables.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 07:47:27 PM »
Aye - she will have to abide by the rules.

Different people are allowed to do different things at the count, these groups of people cover:

The official agent (who can wander around)
Counting agents (who can question voting papers for the ward they are a counting agent to)
Candidates

Everyone else (Anne for example) is a spectator and can not charge around, especially in the centre behind the counting tables.

Apart from those brandishing media passes who can also wander around on their own recognisance, which is perhaps what encouraged Annie to break through the cordon into the centre of the 2007 count like an errant heffer at milking time.

I've since been told that Annie was paying an inordinate amount of attention to Tig & I as we chatted with the mainstream media peeps in the centre of the count, (can't say that we'd noticed her at this point), but perhaps she felt our presence in an area denied to her was unjust and thus she felt justified ignoring the rules.

I suspect Annie will try like hell to prevent Talkswindon, and me in particular, from receiving any media passes this year.  It doesn't actually matter too much, there's enough already happening to ensure an interesting write up of the election and we're barely underway with the campaigning!

Offline nordic

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 11:33:59 PM »
I think A.Snelgrove MP will be spending most of her time hanging around the counting table of Parks.  I think she realises that if the Parks seats are lost then she is finished in Swindon.

I look forward to the event with a smile.   

Offline sasquatch

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 09:01:11 AM »
I'd just leave it at
she is finished in Swindon.
!
"I have often been called a Nazi, and, although it is unfair, I don't let it bother me. I don't let it bother me for one simple reason. No one has eve

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 01:00:12 PM »
You've spelt electrocuted wrong.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Alligator

• Twitter - @Alliflowchart
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 07:35:49 PM »
You've spelt electrocuted wrong.
:2funny:  She'd probably enjoy it too!

Offline Alan Hayward

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 11:56:13 PM »
Hear ye.

Swindon as the 'average UK town' (yup, it really is, demographically, ethnically, crime stats etc) is a real barometer of the country.

Nanny Snelgrove must be well pooping her bloomers about this one.
'Twas brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimbal in the wabe

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 02:26:25 PM »
An unfortunate mental picture, I think I will skip lunch today.

Thanks.

I may need therapy.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Dick Norman

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 09:21:13 PM »
 :uglystupid2:

hey Mart why don't you be nice to one of your political friends and get a pass for the count?  You could the enjoy the company of the Governments Representative in South Swindon in person!!

It will be really interesting to see if she gets the red card this year or just maybe she will be as quiet as a mouse.  I just so hope that she does not repeat her abnoxious behaviour at the Counting Tables for Walcot, that might frighten the Duchess of Doomdom to death!!  Peter Mallinson was well able to look after himself tee hee.

Bring it on :D