Author Topic: Eastcott  (Read 8439 times)

Offline Dougal

• Administrator
    • Talkswindon.org
Eastcott
« on: January 25, 2008, 02:26:56 PM »

Contested Seat: Stan Pajak - Leader of the Liberal Democrat Group

Committee Appointments

* Appointments Committee
    * Council
    * Environment and Leisure Overview Committee
    * Scrutiny Committee
    * Special Committee
    * Town Twinning Network

Terms of Office

* 02/05/1985 - 09/06/2004
    * 10/06/2004 - 01/05/2008

Appointments to Outside Bodies

* Swindon / Ocotal Link

Other Councillors representing this ward:

* Councillor David Wood In Office from 04/05/2006
    * Councillor Martin Wiltshire In Office 04/05/2007 - 05/05/2011
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 05:53:24 PM by Dougal »

www.talkswindon.org is a venue, not a person or political entity. As such, it hopes to encourage input and discussion on any topic, from all walks of Swindon life.   

Offline Dougal

• Administrator
    • Talkswindon.org
Re: Eastcott
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 04:15:32 PM »

Sarah Jean Bush

Labour
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 03:48:42 PM by Dougal »
www.talkswindon.org is a venue, not a person or political entity. As such, it hopes to encourage input and discussion on any topic, from all walks of Swindon life.   

Offline Dougal

• Administrator
    • Talkswindon.org
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 04:15:42 PM »

Paul Gregory

Conservative
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 03:49:20 PM by Dougal »

Offline Woodchopper

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 02:55:02 PM »
If you add up all the attendence records for the Liberals (all three of them) it adds up to a perfect attendence record for one person.  I wonder if the electorate will take this into account?

Offline PAV

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 12:34:13 PM »
The Lib Dems have an interesting tactic in their campaign. They are claiming Labour have no chance in Eastcott and that it's a two horse race. I can only assume they are hoping to swing potential Labour voters over to the Lib Dem in order to fight off the Tories.

Offline swindonlad

• Vote UK Discussion Forum
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 12:50:30 PM »
The Lib Dems have an interesting tactic in their campaign. They are claiming Labour have no chance in Eastcott and that it's a two horse race. I can only assume they are hoping to swing potential Labour voters over to the Lib Dem in order to fight off the Tories.

one thing lib dems do (nationally) more than the other parties is stick to the same design of leaflets & the same strap lines (if you can get hold of the Association of Liberal Democrat Councillors books it will show you all of them).  one of the most used is 'Party x cannot win here, it's a contest between the Lib Dems & Party Y'.  This is usually shown by 2 race horses face & a graph showing why they are claiming this.

in 2007 the results were:  Tories need a 7.4% swing to gain this seat
879 (39.65%) Lib Dems
551 (24.85%) Conservatives
526 (23.73%) Labour
261 (11.77%) Green (who are not standing this year)

Offline Tobes

• Regents
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 06:44:14 PM »
Oh... MY.... GOD!

Its 18.29 - I've literally raced back upstairs - my squeaky gate gives away potential visitors a few seconds before they knock. This time however, there wasn't a knocking - just the clank of the letter box. More junk mail perchance? Oh no - it was my first, and to date ONLY piece of political bumpf prior to 'the big day'. Gosh, how my local politicians are falling over themselves to canvass and so represent the opinions, views and concerns of the Eascott electorate (NOT). I opened the door to check who had 'delivered' the following weak excuse for a campaign leaflet, to see the back of the head of a grey haired bloke, wired in to his iPod, dissapearing off down the street... Questions...? ANSWERS? maybe a bit of discussion? No, the Snelgrovian shock-troops apathy extends only so far it would appear.

So, anyway, what have I been left with? A piece of paper wetter than a freshly tossed lettuce leaf, spiced with an irony rich hypocrasy dressing. Check this:

The leaflet kindly advises us poor Eascott ignorami to ask 'the conservatives' who - it kindly reminds us, 'run the council' ( O0 ) - the following three questions. Their list showed me the lack of either ambition, intellect or integrity which 'bemused me greatly'. Here's a selection:

1. Why can't they collect rubbish weekly - Because, you £&ckwits, they were following THE ADVICE ISSUED BY CENTRAL L-A-B-O-U-R GOVERNMENT in oder to enact a policy endorsed by them, decreed by Europe. L-A-B-O-U-R, YOU KNOW, THE ONES YOUR ANNE IS SO PALLY WITH, ANNE - the woman stood next to you in the group photograph on the front of the leaflet!!!2. Why doesn't the council act against flytippers? NOTE: no suggestion of how this could possibly be enacted

Doh.  :bash:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 11:16:04 AM by Tobes »
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 06:57:40 PM »
Chainsaw polished? Check

Desert Eagle loaded, speed loaders to hand? Check

Pump Action Riot Gun loaded? Check

Flame Thrower tank filled? Check

Barratt Rifle locked and loaded (In case they try to run for it, accurate to a mile, that's practically the next ward!)? Check

Bullshit detector activated? Always

Rant on the tip of me tongue, with bias to suit rosette colour? Check

Come on you bastards, lets be 'avin you. I am ready to engage.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Alan Hayward

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 12:43:50 AM »
Chainsaw polished? Check

Desert Eagle loaded, speed loaders to hand? Check

Pump Action Riot Gun loaded? Check

Flame Thrower tank filled? Check

Barratt Rifle locked and loaded (In case they try to run for it, accurate to a mile, that's practically the next ward!)? Check

Bullshit detector activated? Always

Rant on the tip of me tongue, with bias to suit rosette colour? Check

Come on you bastards, lets be 'avin you. I am ready to engage.

I will revise my previous posting.

Second best TS entry of the year.

Incidentally, no bastard has knocked on my door and asked for my vote.

Admittedly:

1) We've been away sunning it up in Crete for two weeks (brilliant, cheap EasyJet flight that burned loads of those jolly old CO2 generating fossil fuels  - we loved every minute)

2) Dear Cllr Nick Pompous Git Tosser Martin came to my house, saw me through the window, banged a flier through the letterbox and then buggered off hastily

3) I'm awaiting a visit from the Imam, Abdul, Hezbollah or whatever is name is (that will be fun my friends, I can't wait)

If I give my address out, will somebody - nay anybody please knock?
'Twas brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimbal in the wabe

Dick Norman

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 08:55:10 AM »
 ;)

Mornin Alan, I think this post should be on the Shaw & NE thread not Eastcott, but never mind.  When I read it yesterday I invited our Nicholas to get in touch with you.  As he never replies to any emails unless you tease him by talking about money I do not know if he has actually actioned my request?  Perhaps you could enlighten me?

and if you are really pissed with him vote for somebody else as it could reduce his majority by a factor of two asuming that you actually voted for him previously!!  This is important as it is believed he is in a competition with Mike Bawden as to who can return the largest majority.  Good game eh!!

Now what's goin on in Eastcott, is Stan the man approaching the finishing line - quietly - or are as rumoured Labour and the Tories are really seriously trying to wrestle this seat off him?  :D

Offline nordic

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 04:25:41 PM »
Alan, having met you a few times I formed the opinion that you were  a reasonable person.  What has happened to change you so much, your outburst about Nick Martin shows a complete lack of control.

Being spiteful and calling people silly names only belittles you and not the other person.

Offline Tobes

• Regents
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 05:44:19 PM »
Alan's obviously a clever chap - but his web persona seems to show a touch of the Mr Hide side to him.  ???

Como' Alan - take a chill pill.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'

Offline Alan Hayward

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2008, 02:30:15 AM »
Alan's obviously a clever chap - but his web persona seems to show a touch of the Mr Hide side to him.  ???

Como' Alan - take a chill pill.

Hey Tobes

Thanks for the compliment. Yep, pretty clever but frankly very less than impressed with the country I live in, it's democracy and with the electorate.

I don't need no chill pill. I'm leaving the country and taking my family with me. Enough is enough. This country is f***** beyond repair unfortunately.

Which is why I get so angry. It had such great potential 20 years ago. Ah well. I will go and live in a country that has strong family values, zero crime, a sense of community, tolerance, a 98% homogenous ethnic majority and no ferking speed bumps.

O0

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2008, 09:42:28 PM »
F*ck me, it's poland innit?
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Alan Hayward

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2008, 10:17:40 PM »

Nah.

Keep guessing  ;)

Offline Jarvis

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 09:25:20 AM »

Nah.

Keep guessing  ;)

Who cares where he's going, (if he's actually going anywhere), his target country is irrelevent to us, it's if and when that's of interest.  :)