Author Topic: Central  (Read 8877 times)

Offline Dougal

• Administrator
    • Talkswindon.org
Central
« on: January 25, 2008, 02:14:49 PM »

Junab Ali

Labour
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 03:35:32 PM by Dougal »

www.talkswindon.org is a venue, not a person or political entity. As such, it hopes to encourage input and discussion on any topic, from all walks of Swindon life.   

Offline Dougal

• Administrator
    • Talkswindon.org
Re: Central
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 04:19:44 PM »

Eric Wreford Arthur Bagwell

UKIP
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 03:36:14 PM by Dougal »
www.talkswindon.org is a venue, not a person or political entity. As such, it hopes to encourage input and discussion on any topic, from all walks of Swindon life.   

Offline Dougal

• Administrator
    • Talkswindon.org
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 04:19:51 PM »

David Cox

Independant
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 03:36:42 PM by Dougal »

Offline Dougal

• Administrator
    • Talkswindon.org
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 04:20:13 PM »

Kevin Leakey

Conservative
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 03:40:04 PM by Dougal »

Offline Dougal

• Administrator
    • Talkswindon.org
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 04:20:22 PM »

Hannah Pajak

Liberal Democrat
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 03:40:40 PM by Dougal »

Dick Norman

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 04:12:37 PM »
I understand that as of today we are now not likely to have Karen for Queen Leakey as a Conservative Candidate in Central, what a pity after all she is so much more pretty than Junab Ali, Anne Snelgrove's expected candidate.  Anyway I believe it was a lost cause anyway with our Sinead decamping to St Philips after her reported Sinanegans (have I spelt that correctly?)!!

Offline komadori

• komadori's green corner
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 08:16:05 PM »
Makes rather a mockery of the stuff that came through my letterbox only a couple of weeks ago then.
http://www.talkswindon.org/index.php?topic=2880.0
In that she was quite clearly described as 'Conservative candidate, 2008 local elections' and 'Conservative Candidate, Central Ward'.
If something's worth doing it's worth doing in green. komadori's green c

Offline kecl

• Broad Street Area Community Council
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 04:13:04 PM »
Today, my son who was eighteen just four weeks ago received this piece of tosh in the post.
He is now eagerly awaiting Junab Ali and Annie and the rest of the newly formed ‘keep Central Clean and Safe Team’ to get off their backsides and actually help clean the streets instead of listening and being appalled by the rubbish problems.

I myself am rather surprised to read about this ‘new team’, only 2 years ago when Cllr. Wright stood in the elections, Action Annie set up a ‘grot spot’ on her website: :spin:

Bob Wright:
This page is where we highlight Swindon Borough Council's worst Grime-Crimes.

Please send your photographs to annesnelgrovemp@parliament.uk so that together we can put pressure on the Council to act. (Despite over 1,400 complaints about fly tipping in the last 9 months there has not been one prosecution.)

Of course the page only lasted a few weeks (just as the ‘keep Central Clean and Safe Team’ will) and the only  photo’s posted on there, were of Bob in Salisbury Street, a hundred yards from where I live!  Nothing came of this of course, all that ever comes from Labour is talk, slag, talk, slag, talk etc………, never any action.

What also amazes me is the fact we already have 2 Labour Councillors in Central, so what have, or are they doing about the rubbish collections, fly tipping etc? What I do know is Cllr Montaut told residents at a recent community meeting that he had done his bit as far as the problems with wheelie bins etc were concerned, so he has made a token gesture but doesn’t want to do any more, despite the problems still being, just as bad.  Worse still, Cllr Wright has done nothing to help fight the problems in Central with the rubbish problems.

Seeing that part of the Labour campaign this year is focussed on rubbish and fortnightly rubbish collections I have no doubt that they will conveniently forget to inform residents that, rightly or wrongly, SBC (not just the Blues) not only introduced wheelie bins and fortnightly collections because of Government pressure and advice, but it was also introduced with full cross party agreement.
Our esteemed Labour Cllr. Bob Wright even went one step further and attended and showed his support for wheelie bins and fortnightly collections at Cabinet on the 15th November 2006
http://ww2.swindon.gov.uk/moderngov/ieListDocuments.asp?CId=285&MId=2493&J=2

Councillor Bob Wright expressed his support for the proposed Strategy and service changes. He hoped that the Cabinet would not rule out the establishment of a further civic amenity site so as to reduce the number of cross-Swindon car journeys. He also hoped that the Cabinet would act to prevent fly tipping and dumping of rubbish on private land.

So one hopes not to see Cllr Wright campaigning for Mr Ali as part of the ‘keep Central Clean and Safe Team’ because he went out of his way to show support for the scheme that caused the rubbish problems in the first place. 30 pieces of silver springs to mind.

Woe betide any of the ‘team’ that comes into the Broadgreen Area spreading their empty promises, unless of course they come in with bin bags, brooms and dustcarts etc.  ;D
http://community.webshots.com/user/bucket66   http://www.broadstreetcc.btik.com/ He who is not contented with what he has, would not be contented with

Offline komadori

• komadori's green corner
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 11:26:36 PM »
I got one of these letters as well. Odd that it's taken Ms Snelgrove until now, when most (but not all) of the black bags have gone, to write to her constituents about this. Clearly more 'working hard for our own electoral benefit in CENTRAL' than 'working hard for you in CENTRAL'.
If something's worth doing it's worth doing in green. komadori's green c

Offline Peter Mallinson

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 03:39:38 PM »
It is the same words that she used in Parks.  A pity that these people always come late to the party with all their ideas, it would appear that they only have vision in the weeks running up to an election. 

If our MP wanted to do something worthwhile, she could lobby the Government over the issue of Negative Subsidy, that is the taking of £9.3M from council rents each year, 28 pence of every pound collected.

Just think what £9.3m a year would buy for Swindon council estates.

It is easy to criticise but as she is finding, it is a lot more difficult to produce results.  Just ask the people who lost their money to Farepack.

Offline Margie

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 08:16:51 PM »
Just think what £9.3m a year would buy for Swindon council estates.  

Neighbourhood Wardens?

Offline Alligator

• Twitter - @Alliflowchart
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2008, 01:44:45 PM »
We had a leaflet which was primarily intended to introduce Junab Ali as or candidate for the reds.

It does also criticise SBC for not attending the public consultation on post office closures....in case you're in any doubt, that would be the consultation that Anne Snelgrove MP completely ignored when she actually voted for the closures in parliament.

S'pose they thought that blaming SBC for a largely irrelevant detail is so much easier than facing up to the fact that their own MP sells them down the river in order to further her ministerial ambition.

Can anyone remind me of Junab's background? I may be wrong but I seem to recall that he was heavily embroiled in the accusations during last year's election campaign.

Offline swindonlad

• Vote UK Discussion Forum
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2008, 01:49:18 PM »

Can anyone remind me of Junab's background? I may be wrong but I seem to recall that he was heavily embroiled in the accusations during last year's election campaign.

stood in toothill & westlea last year & did put out a leaflet that caused some discussion
http://www.talkswindon.org/index.php?topic=1603.0

IIRC - he lives in Freshbrook

Offline ZPW

• Bob Wright better do a stellar job
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2008, 08:46:38 AM »
I fear I've been sloping off rather more than normal of late.

Am I to surmise that Team Leakey has swopped its formation?

Either way the voters of Central get two for the price of one because as we know; behind every good man is a great woman.

Dick Norman

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2008, 09:26:11 AM »
 O0  So who are you behind then Zippy?

Offline ZPW

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2008, 09:53:22 AM »
May-I-call-you-Dickie?-Dickie

Behind? I am not with you on this.
If this is blazer-speak for, for whom would I vote? Then I can share with you that I vote for clever,honest people with clear minds and open hearts.

In the csae of this specific ward......
In the absence of the chance for vote for KLFQ then I would bow to her endorsed candidate.
I presume KLFQ endorses Kevin-Leaky-for-consort.
Moreover ( and probably more relevant) whenever I have spoken to Kevin-Leakey-for-Consort he has been clear minded,open hearted,clever and honest.

I feel a bit chary about Junab Ali after his association with last years crap Labour leaflet, so he's out
Hanah Pajak is probbaly a good Liberal Democrat but... Kevein_leakey-for-consort is ahead in the Mavis Child,Fay Howard dept.
Eric Bagwell is UKIP and I'm a bit of Europe supporter
David Cox... No... still leaves Kevin-Leakey-for-Consort leading in the know your ward, love your ward dept.

Unwaged.
Athiest

Is that specific enough for you my lovely?

And let me ask you the same question...s.....

Who are you going to vote for??
How much do you earn?
What is your religion?

Offline ZPW

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2008, 11:57:34 AM »
Be afraid, be very afraid.... She's on her way back.....

Having found Tossing-Curls' pine-alike desk parked in his office, Uber-Sammels ( look out behind you Jaytee ), takes drastic action; reroutes the number 10 to take Tossing Curls back to Central ward.
Jaytee was heard to suggest that Uber-Sammels was thought to assert that, ' I had no idea what this woman was doing in my office. In 7 minutes my sleek, poured concrete workstation was transformed into a smegged quaker style. I could almost manage the arrival of a desk tidy, I ignored the rather outre heels and strange suits with the nipped in waists but when the jar of nescaff appeared I knew the woman had to go.'

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24270615@N07/2301875216/

Special thanks to Uber-Sammels ( copyright ack'd etc. allegedy or apparently) for allowing the wholesale filch of his photo shots.
As Uber-Sammels is in the shots he is unlikely to have taken them, therefore all credit goes to whomever deserves it etc etc.

Dick Norman

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2008, 04:42:41 PM »
 :D  What are you on Zippy?  :D

Offline ZPW

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2008, 03:18:47 PM »
A bitter blow for the people of Central that kecl wasn't elected.
Have no idea whether Junab Ali will do a good job, clearly enough people think he will, so be it. Democracy at work an' all.
The stupidity of this party political stuff is that here we have two amazing people; kecl and KLFQ, either of which will electrify this ward and get stuff done for the rest of swindon but...as they don't seem to be abel to play the party games ( Hurrah hurrah)
 they have little or no oompff behind them courtesy of the Bloo team.
If a smidgeon of the legwork that went into the Parks campaign had been spent in Leakey-land the council chamber would be worth visiting..

Shameful