Author Topic: Abbey Meads:  (Read 12483 times)

Offline Dougal

• Administrator
    • Talkswindon.org
Abbey Meads:
« on: January 25, 2008, 02:10:14 PM »

Vera Margaret Rose Tomlinson

Conservative
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 03:23:12 PM by Dougal »

www.talkswindon.org is a venue, not a person or political entity. As such, it hopes to encourage input and discussion on any topic, from all walks of Swindon life.   

Offline Dougal

• Administrator
    • Talkswindon.org
Re: Abbey Meads:
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 04:16:52 PM »

Richard Andrew Law

Liberal Democrat
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 03:21:01 PM by Dougal »
www.talkswindon.org is a venue, not a person or political entity. As such, it hopes to encourage input and discussion on any topic, from all walks of Swindon life.   

Offline Dougal

• Administrator
    • Talkswindon.org
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 04:17:07 PM »

Gerald John Lawson

Labour
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 03:21:25 PM by Dougal »

Offline Dougal

• Administrator
    • Talkswindon.org
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 04:17:24 PM »

Robin Howard Tingey

UKIP
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 03:22:10 PM by Dougal »

Offline Justin Tomlinson

• Abbey Meads Conservatives
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 11:43:45 AM »
Vera Tomlinson is our (Conservative) candidate.

She was selected to replace Owen last year after he decided he did not want to seek a further 4 year term.

Vera lives in the ward (Ironstone Close) and is currently a Blunsdon Parish Councillor which covers half of the Abbey Meads ward (the other half is covered by Haydon Wick Parish Council).  Vera was previously a Councillor in Kidderminster, Wyre Forest.

She is also my Mother, hence the surname  ;)

Offline Justin Tomlinson

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 12:36:42 PM »
Gerald Lawson - Labour.  He stood against me in 2006.
Richard Law - Lib Dem.  He has stood a few times, Son-in-Law of Cllr Stan Pajak.
Robert Tingey - UKIP.  He was the PPC for UKIP at the 2005 General Election, think he may be a muddle as whilst he lives in Abbey Meads estate, he actually is in the Haydon Wick ward.  (Their Haydon Wick candidate lives in Moredon, etc etc)

Offline swindonlad

• Vote UK Discussion Forum
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 05:44:18 PM »
candidates - had this on pdf, thought it would display it if i attached it, but it did not  :-[

Offline ZPW

• Bob Wright better do a stellar job
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 07:54:39 PM »

Robert Tingey - UKIP.  He was the PPC for UKIP at the 2005 General Election, think he may be a muddle as whilst he lives in Abbey Meads estate, he actually is in the Haydon Wick ward.  (Their Haydon Wick candidate lives in Moredon, etc etc)

Sounds a bit like the Tawrees...
MjHadd living in Downtown swindon, repping in West Swindon
TossingCurls swannning around town with the same Fidget,flair and flounce that she did when selecting her party.

Offline swindonlad

• Vote UK Discussion Forum
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 11:44:42 PM »

Sounds a bit like the Tawrees...
MjHadd living in Downtown swindon, repping in West Swindon
TossingCurls swannning around town with the same Fidget,flair and flounce that she did when selecting her party.

it's all parties...

just looking at freshbrook / freshbrook & grange park cllrs as you mentioned mjHadd...

simon cordon, lib/sdp - lived in dorcan ward
'MjHadd' - lib dem & tory - lives in eastcott (odd, the lib dems forgot this during the last campaign)
bob brooks - lab, lived in the then lawns ward

so i think it's an equal plague on all parties, just it seems to matter more in rural wards than urban ones (not saying if this is right or not)

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 06:44:09 PM »
Sod the lot of them.

Trouble is you have to pick one.

Anybody seen an independent thought yet, an original idea, a radical policy or indeed a reflection of local residents' views.

Mmm, though not.

Central party policy watered down for the rustics it is then.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Dick Norman

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 06:49:01 PM »
 :D

Hey Mart you have not said anything about Mother and Son working as Councillors in the same Ward!  Why do you think Jaytee would want his Mother to be a Councillor with him in Abbey Meads and more importantly what do you think the residents of Abbey Meads will think about it?

:-X

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 06:56:25 PM »
I doubt they could give a stuff.

They will vote along party lines, bit of a backlash against the scoth troll, so the tories will pick up.

When all is said and done they will get who they perceive as least worst, and arguably who they deserve.

Busta the Chimp is your only possible salvation.

Given the mundane and unimaginative offerings of party policy for beginners it is only a matter of time before the nazis start making some real progress. I reckon a seat in parliament in the next decade.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Justin Tomlinson

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2008, 08:13:46 AM »
:D

Hey Mart you have not said anything about Mother and Son working as Councillors in the same Ward!  Why do you think Jaytee would want his Mother to be a Councillor with him in Abbey Meads and more importantly what do you think the residents of Abbey Meads will think about it?

:-X

My mother was formly a Councillor in Kidderminster, and was (still is) a Parish Councillor (Blunsdon) which covers half the Abbey Meads ward, plus she is a local resident (lives in Ironstone Close, Priory Vale), so was an experienced choice to replace Owen Lister who retired having served since 2000 with Peter and myself when the ward was created.

Also she has been involved with our various public meetings, campaigns etc for the last few years so has been able to hit the ground running since getting elected.

Offline Pandora

• Views From The Hill
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2008, 08:08:49 PM »
Hi Justin

Can I just say a big thank you to you for setting up the meeting
with Rod & Co back in June.
The works on Tadpole Lane have now started in order to make the road safer.

Pandora  ;)
http://www.penhill.blogswindon.org/ I AM NOT WHERE I NEED TO BE, BUT THANK GOD, I AM NOT WHERE I USED TO BE.

Offline Justin Tomlinson

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2008, 04:06:32 PM »
No problems happy to help and I am glad we have seen things come together.  O0