Author Topic: Imaging Festival - Saturday 17th, anyone coming along  (Read 1842 times)

Offline Frequent things

Imaging Festival - Saturday 17th, anyone coming along
« on: November 13, 2007, 04:51:58 AM »
Sorry to jump on just to tell you about this but this weekend sees the Imaging Festival taking place at the Wyvern Theatre...

Not sure how many people know about it and that is it happening....there is going to be a shop in the Brunel Plaza from Thursday where we will be showcasing some things you can see on Saturday.

Saturday 17 November 2007 - 11am till 10.30pm

There is going to be loads of things going on and even the screening of the Zombie film and a great visual showcase I am the Mighty Jungulator (Matthew who is behind it has created his own bit of software that puts visuals to sound, going to be stunning) in the evening:

Everything is FREE well except one of the workshops but with the above, the preloader film festival and loads of cool stuff to get involved in all day is going to be busy busy busy....pop along if any of you have time.

Formal info below

Events:

Regent Circus
Fluxmobile – Regent Circus, by Town Hall
Come and try out ... Mobile Media's new 'Fluxmobile'!  This is a custom built mobile digital arts and film studio which will deliver a programme of production and exhibition to young people in Swindon over the next 3 years.

Theatre Square
Boredbrand Digital funfair with Gavin Morris

AV Arcade Table
The AV Arcade Table is a simple hybrid - a table top games machine running Vjamm, the best VJ Software by miles! Using the joystick and buttons 2 people can trigger audio visual samples and create beautiful collaborative audio visual collage/ a chaotic mess** (delete as appropriate!).

Pacbike
Play classic arcade games such as Pacman and Space Invaders from the seat of a bicycle. Keep fit whilst playing computer games in this challenging and hilarious spectacle.

Wyvern Theatre Art Gallery
Walker Evans: Photographs 1935-1936 Exhibition – Wyvern Lower Foyer
27 October – 25 November
In the Great American Depression, the Missouri-born photographer, Walker Evans produced some of the most iconic images in the history of photography. He travelled to the Deep South to photograph churches, graveyards, busy streets, shops, cafes, signs and billboards as well as making intimate portraits of family life.

Create Studios
‘Portal’ – Create Foyer
Focus on photography through a slide show of digitised images featuring work by fine artists and photographers.

Virtual Gallery – Media Studio
View an exciting array of still and moving imagery on Create’s bank of iMacs.

‘Interactive’ – Media Studio
Want to add your pictures to our showcase of artists living and working in the Swindon area? Bring samples of your work to input into an interactive databank.

Artists’ Installations – Wyvern Hotspots
Visual artists using digital media have installed new work in chosen spots throughout the Wyvern.  Take a tour round the building to see the effects.

‘Animate your mobile phone’ Workshop with Digital Artist Dane Watkins
– Media Studio
Make a simple animation to show on your Bluetooth phone. Places limited
Book: Arts Services Box Office 01793 614837

Seen on Screen – Studio One
Screenings of films and artists’ videos by locally, regionally and nationally recognised artists and directors linked with Create.

Wyvern Auditorium

Preloader Film Competition Finalists Screenings
6.30 pm
X-Factor for the filmmakers of the future. Come and support the best new talent from Swindon and Wiltshire. Watch the best short films made this year and vote for your favourites. This year's judges are respected industry professional, and the makers of the three best films get to go on to our very own 'boot camp' where they will learn from the best.

Entry is now closed, but that shouldn't stop you starting on films for next year!

In partnership with Wiltshire College and Salisbury Arts Centre

I Am The Mighty Jungulator – Matthew Olden 
8 pm
Matthew Olden of award-winning electronic music pioneers I Am Mighty Jungulator presents a brand new piece of work….by the people of Swindon! This sensory treat blends glistening electronic textures with a stunning tapestry of visuals.

This unique project has been commissioned by the Institute of Contemporary Interdisciplinary Arts through Pete Snowman of Swindon Film Festival. www.swindonfilmfestival.co.uk Tickets £6 (£4 concessions)

Preloader Film Competition – Awards Ceremony
8..45 – 9.15
The audience votes have been counted. The judges have deliberated. You are invited to attend the presentation of trophies to the winners of the Audience Vote and exciting prizes for the Judges' Awards.

Visual Arts and Create Studios is managed by Swindon Borough Council Arts Services. www.swindon.gov.uk

VisualARTS
Create Studios
Swindon Borough Council Arts Services
Wyvern Theatre
Theatre Square
Swindon
SN1 1QN
01793 465399
www.createstudios.org.uk

Offline Tobes

• Regents
Re: Imaging Festival - Saturday 17th, anyone coming along
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 09:44:31 AM »
Welcome to TS FF!

(some of my stuff has been submitted for inclusion with The Jungulator's melange of images!)
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'

Offline Frequent things

Re: Imaging Festival - Saturday 17th, anyone coming along
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 12:49:26 PM »
Welcome to TS FF!

(some of my stuff has been submitted for inclusion with The Jungulator's melange of images!)

Thanks..

I have been on before in the past but not as often as I would like...you will have to let me know what images are yours :)