Author Topic: Adver's fine dining experience  (Read 1146 times)

Offline ford

Adver's fine dining experience
« on: August 31, 2007, 10:53:39 AM »
The story is about some little tyke finding a syringe in a toilet.
Not what you want I confess , but this is the bit of the story that caught my eye...

NINE-YEAR-OLD Jake McGowan's mother took him to McDonald's for a Happy Meal as a final summer holiday treat.

The story goes onto to prattle about clean syringes and naughty litter strewing users without so much as apassing glance at the crass parenting.

"We just went to get last minute school things and going to McDonald's was a treat," Michelle said.

The missing point of this story is that used syringes in McCrappy loos is all part of the process of natural selection.

Offline Tobes

• Regents
Re: Adver's fine dining experience
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 06:29:05 PM »
Hmmm... Ford - you're in danger of getting the Meldrew award!

crass parenting

Who elected you as the judge and jury on parenting?? Taking kids to Mucky-Dees is something which millions of people do each week. Not something I do or would ever want to - but hardly 'crass'.

...and as for:
used syringes in McCrappy loos is all part of the process of natural selection
Do what ? ? ?

I'm more interested in the fact that the Sadver managed to make a front page story about what was actually a VERY minor issue. All sorts of massive assumptions and implications - but very thin on fact. The implication seems to be that the syringe is evidence of drug use - but given it was found in a loo, it could just as easily have been left there by a diabetic. Why does one syringe found in a loo in Mcdonalds equal a front page story - when apparently there are several places across town (including parks) where dozens syringes which are very obviously heroin works are cleared up every week?
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'

Offline ford

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 08:53:42 PM »

crass parenting

Who elected you as the judge and jury on parenting?? Taking kids to Mucky-Dees is something which millions of people do each week. Not something I do or would ever want to - but hardly 'crass'.

I imagine i am as qualified as anyone else to judge parenting - what with having been a child myself.
There are no qualifictaions rqrd to be a parent; hence i am as well qualified as anyone else.
McDonalds serve up arseholes and belly buttons mashed together with a bit of eyeballs. There is no person on earth that should be giving their child this mush; it has no place in a civilised world.
Why are we shy of condeming people's right to be crap parents? these mincing little vitamin deficients will be draining our state resources in a few years.

crass; substitute it with thick,stupid,coarse numpty-like whatever you like

Whassis? is it desirable?

Offline ford

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 09:00:22 PM »
Hah!
found this.

A Meldrew is probably quite affluent, although they are fed up with the 'rat-race'. They question people in authority and resent working over-time, even if they're getting paid for it.

So..
Yes.. I am very affluent
No.. I am the rat race
No.. I am the person in authority
No.. I wouldn't dream of working overtime... It would require me to be  a hourly paid person