Author Topic: The future in the classroom ( acc. Daily Mail)  (Read 908 times)

Offline ford

The future in the classroom ( acc. Daily Mail)
« on: August 26, 2007, 08:14:40 AM »

The DM report webcams are coming to classrooms for parents to catch up on their truculent childrens progress.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=477809&in_page_id=1770

Gordon Brown is to abolish the annual school report and allow parents to spy on lessons through the internet.

here's the soft-sell

Currently, families are entitled to receive only very basic information about their children's academic performance.

But from next year, secondary schools will be told to post timetables, test results, attendance records and detailed comments on each individual child via new computer networks accessible to parents.

It means parents will no longer have to wait until the end of the school year to see how their children are coping.

and here's the scary part (according to the DM formula)

However, there will be questions about the security of the new system, with concerns likely to be raised that the databases could be targeted by paedophiles.

What a load of tosh.
They'll get us through our children. First through the convenience of using fingerprints to register them for lessons - innuring the little tykes into the; fingerprint? not just for crims. world.
next sucking parents down the mind numbing drain of 'spying is ok if its for the victims own good'

love this bit in the article too.

And critics will also point out that a computerised system would exclude poorer parents who lack internet access at home.

The good ole DM being prophetic ' and cristics will point out '
just proving how bollocking out of touch journalists are. no poorer family is without internet access.
ok - perhaps 18 17.

Gives rise to the question
would you rather be a DM journalist or a dog-pooh bin emptier?

Offline Pandora

• Views From The Hill
Re: The future in the classroom ( acc. Daily Mail)
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 01:05:30 PM »
Hi Ford,

I'm not quite sure of what to make of the DM article.

Has GB thought this through i wonder, and has he actually consulted parents and
teachers as to what they think!

I type out school reports twice a year plus an Annual Review report.  :coffee:
Parents seem quite happy with this as they can see their son/daughters progress over the year etc.

I dont know how GB's new Idea will impact on the work load of teachers  :-\

I shall be watching this space with great interest.  :popcorn:

I think GB needs to become a teacher for a term or two. I wonder what he would think of his Idea then?????????

Pandora  >:D

http://www.penhill.blogswindon.org/ I AM NOT WHERE I NEED TO BE, BUT THANK GOD, I AM NOT WHERE I USED TO BE.