Author Topic: OUT OF DATE TAX DISKS  (Read 1561 times)

Offline Ayatollah

OUT OF DATE TAX DISKS
« on: August 19, 2007, 11:25:33 AM »
The baddies are winning! In my cul-de-sac in Eastleaze I have the neighbour from hell who is blatantly driving around with an out of date tax disk. Two of his sordid friends are also doing the same. I have used the confidential report line on the DVLA Website several times but nothing happens. This twoddle advert "We know where you are..." is just that.

I have tried reporting the situation to Swindon Police but on their website they state for emergencies ring 999 and other reportable crimes dial an 0845 No. I e-mailed them and said I refuse to pay them to report a crime. They then advised I go to the DVLA website and report the vehicles there. I e-mailed back and said I had 10 weeks ago and again last week! their retort was that they do the same procedure and don't stop, caution or fine! What is the point? No tax also means no insurance. Aaarrrgggghhhh....

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
Re: OUT OF DATE TAX DISKS
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 06:25:54 PM »
I taxed my car on line and spent 5 days driving round with no disc as a consequence.

It is all very spiffy and checks your insurance and MOT through a spooky database, thse databases are therefore linked.

DVLA knows the car exists, there is presumably no SORN notice in effect, so they know there is no insurance in force, or tax disc issued because there are no corresponding entries. I can only guess why this tax dodging scrote has not been targeted by the voice of the Mysterons and those spotlight thingies, or was that the empty threat to benefit dodgers?

They are welsh and cannot be arsed.

Course, as there is no insurance if it should spontaneously combust it would truly be a shame.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Dick Norman

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 06:51:20 PM »
 ::)

Heavy duty stuff there Mart.

Way back in 1976, - yes I am that old, a policeman booked a motorist in Ealing for displaying his tax disc behind his rear view mirror instead as dictated by law in the bottom left hand corner of the windscreen.

The clerk to the justices threw it out on a legal technicality as the spirit of the law had been followed, but in the ajoining court one of his colleagues did not see it that way and the motorist was fined £5.00 about £50.00 in todays money.  hmm.

:idiot2:

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 07:02:16 PM »

Perhaps SBC ought to jiggle a byelaw or two and declare any untaxed vehicle kept, or used on the public highway, to be a 'LEGAL GRAFFITI ZONE'  :)

Councillor Heenan probably wouldn't appreciate the irony of waking up to find his beloved Veedub had been spotted san-tax though

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 07:15:13 PM »
Ello Geoff
whos camper van fingy?
Do you recon that da owners wood lend it to me
so me and me girls can go to that Glastonbury Festival fingy in it, innit lol.

Tax or no tax, i aint fussed mate, know what i mean hehehe

Chav  :crazy2:
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 07:20:45 PM »
Tow it and auction it if it ain't taxed.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 07:57:49 PM »
ello
Maybe its one of dem tax exempt vehicles innit.

You know, the ones wot is very old.

Chav  :crazy2:
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 08:07:36 PM »
Good, it will go for more dosh.

Tourists and 'guest workers', tax their motors as well.