Author Topic: Gordon Brown ft Stranglers  (Read 1363 times)

Offline Pandora

• Views From The Hill
Gordon Brown ft Stranglers
« on: July 28, 2007, 05:18:03 PM »
I was recently listening to the song 'Golden Brown' by the Stranglers and suddenly felt the urge to sing Gordon Brown instead of Golden Brown, so i changed the lyrics and made a video.
So read the lyrics and sing them in place of the origional words.........here goes:

Small | Large

Click the above link to active video

Sing the words below

Gordon Brown there’s only one
Put Tony down, now the country he runs
Throughout the night
No need to fight
Never a frown with Gordon Brown

Every time just like the last
Could Gordon Brown be a name of the past
To distant lands
With heavy demands

Gordon Brown sort out this mess
Britain is flooding, what do you suggest

From far away
Stays for a day

Never a frown
With Gordon Brown
Never a frown
With Gordon Brown

Pandora  >:D

http://www.penhill.blogswindon.org/ I AM NOT WHERE I NEED TO BE, BUT THANK GOD, I AM NOT WHERE I USED TO BE.

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
Re: Gordon Brown ft Stranglers
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 09:53:22 PM »
I know, but what a crime .

Anyway, Gordon's response is go to Washington. Just like tone, when the going gets tough the PM gets gone.

To borrow a pump presumably and pick up some tips via the New Orleans experience.

'Sometimes' (Rattus Norvegicus) is lyrically more apt in my view.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Alan Hayward

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 10:30:37 PM »
Rattus Norvegicus

Anybody who knows what that means has to marry me.

Immediately.
'Twas brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimbal in the wabe

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 11:08:38 PM »
Rattus Norvegicus is the first album by The Stranglers, released in 1977. The band's name was printed as "The Stranglers IV" on the sleeve. The album was originally to be entitled "Dead on Arrival" but was changed at the last minute. It was one of the highest-selling albums of the punk era in Britain. Some websites incorrectly list the album as IV by a band called Rattus Norvegicus.

It was produced in one week by Martin Rushent, and was basically a snapshot of the band's live set at the time.

The original vinyl release included a free 7" single, containing "Peasant in the Big Shitty (live)" and "Choosie Susie". Two singles were taken from the album: "Grip", and "Peaches" (released as a double A-side with the non-album track "Go Buddy Go"), which gave the band their first major hit single. A remastered version of the album was reissued on CD in 2001, including these three additional tracks.

I actually have a German pressing I bought in 1980.

Or it means brown rat, but they don't sound so good and are a bugger to fit into a CD player.

Given the impending introduction of AWC I expect to see a lot of Rattus Norvegicus.

A final sobering thought, Jet Black the Stranglers' drummer will apparently be 70 next year.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Pandora

• Views From The Hill
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 11:44:22 PM »
Rattus Norvegicus

Anybody who knows what that means has to marry me.

Immediately.

It means Norwegian rat lol
Its one of the best known common rats and apparently the largest.

So when is the wedding then ??? lol
http://www.penhill.blogswindon.org/ I AM NOT WHERE I NEED TO BE, BUT THANK GOD, I AM NOT WHERE I USED TO BE.