Author Topic: No Smoking Signs  (Read 1102 times)

Offline Tel Hudson

No Smoking Signs
« on: June 19, 2007, 03:09:40 PM »
This Government is introducing a new law.  From 1st July smoking will be banned in all enclosed public spaces.  Nevermind for now whether you agree with it, this law is very simple.  If you are in an enclosed space, it is illegal to smoke.

The definition of an enclosed space is also simple.  If it has a roof and more than 50% of the walls are solid, then it is enclosed.  So a shelter with three sides is enclosed whereas one with two sides is not.

So why must we have ugly No Smoking signs everywhere?  We know where smoking is prohibited.  Even worse, the signs have to be white with the official garish black and red logo and be of the prescribed size.  It doesn't matter whether it is some ugly building or a beautiful cathedral.  You have to put up these signs in a prominent position.  You can't even put them up discretely so they don't spoil the scene.

Does Tony Bliar have shares in a sign making company?

I am right 96% of the time. I don't give an aerial intercourse about the other 5%..

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Re: No Smoking Signs
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 10:34:57 PM »

Does Tony Bliar have shares in a sign making company?

Apparently so... http://www.signgrafix.com/

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
Re: No Smoking Signs
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 11:22:43 PM »
Screwfix catalogue has got a smashing centrepage spread.

Smoking shelter, with the requisite lack of walls, yours for £2k
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.